Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jclevesque
    replied
    Started my bike up and ran good as usual. I sprayed carb cleaner around the headsheads and no change. Sprayed at the carb from left side of engine (fuel pump relocated) and dropped slightly but sprayed a few more times within a 5 min period and didnt do it again. I may take the tank off to tighten the clamp down a little. I has been 3 or 4 years since I took it off.

Leave a comment:

• Bikerron
    replied
    I have, on occasion, revved the engine and cup my hand over the intake to create a high vacuum environment in the carb to help help suck any crud through the jets.

Leave a comment:

• Jclevesque
    replied
    Just emptied the bowl and looked like gas and mmo to me. Nothing water looking in there. Gonna try the carb cleaner around the intake to see if idle changes.

Leave a comment:

• Horsehammerr
    replied
    Originally posted by jd750ace View Post
    Marvel tends to increase my hot idle a bit if it’s been a while since I ran a dose. Doesn’t happen very often though. I’m pretty regular with it.
    I have always put 2oz. of Marvel in every 4gl. fillup. Never had any idle problem.

Leave a comment:

• Jclevesque
    replied
    Yes great idea. I never ride close to reserve anyways so a good tip.

Leave a comment:

• Rodzim
    commented on 's reply
    Thats a good idea. I may start doing it from now on

• Chromepony
    replied
    Originally posted by Rodzim View Post
    i had the same thing happen to me last month. Right after i refueled the idle went down for about 2 minutes. After that it went back to normal. Water in the gas cpuld cause that. Gas station tanks can get water seepage and that ends up on the bottom of the tank.
    I always run my '00 & my '04 on reserve to pull any condensation out of the tank.
    If that moisture is allowed to "stack-up" in the tank, it will eventually rust a pinhole in the tank from the inside. By running on reserve, the water never gets a chance to accumulate.

Leave a comment:

• Jclevesque
    replied
    Not too often I dont go a tank without either the seafoam or mmo. That stuff is excellent! Have helped my xs 650 since I got it up and going, but fighting an air leak now. Thank god for forums!!!

Leave a comment:

• jd750ace
    replied
    Marvel tends to increase my hot idle a bit if it’s been a while since I ran a dose. Doesn’t happen very often though. I’m pretty regular with it.

Leave a comment:

• Jclevesque
    replied
    I have been using Marvel mystery oil and have put some in my tank last week after fill up. I have heard about water in the bowl too so will try draining it to see.

Leave a comment:

• Rodzim
    replied

i had the same thing happen to me last month. Right after i refueled the idle went down for about 2 minutes. After that it went back to normal. Water in the gas cpuld cause that. Gas station tanks can get water seepage and that ends up on the bottom of the tank.

Leave a comment:

• Duke
    replied
    Could be a number of things. If it just started doing this, and has gone away, it could be the gas we are getting these days.
    Like you said, maybe a intermittent vacuum leak? Throttle cable, cable bracket, enriching valve, float valve, moisture in the fuel, etc..?????
    If it keeps doing it, my guess is it's not the fuel used, but one of the other.
    Just my thoughts. Duke.

Leave a comment:

• Jclevesque
    started a topic Low idle

Low idle

Good day. I was out riding last weekend during a bike rally here in Moncton and all worked great on my bike. Took my bike this morning all started out good. 20 mins in stop and go traffic got to a set of lights and the idle dropped off and I thought it was going to die. Pulled over to a parking lot and adjusted idle up to around 900. Kept on going and all seemed ok again then idle seemed a little low. Stopped again but as soon as i adjusted it revved right up so had to adjust down. Stock carb and intake. Could be intake leak??

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
Started by DEEPHATE, 15 hours ago
12 responses
0 likes
Last Post Jclevesque  
Started by Swampy, 1 day ago
10 responses
0 likes
Last Post Jclevesque  
Started by Do Something, 16 hours ago