• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Horsehammerr
    commented on 's reply
    JetsRus.com Mikuni 37.5 ( VM28/486)

• WasHD
    replied
    Thanks guys Now I just have to decide if I want to go the diy route or buy the extended screw. The diy method looks easy enough, so probably go that route I can always buy the extended one if I screw the diy one up

Leave a comment:

• roadiemort
    replied
    If you're handy, https://www.roadstarclinic.com/artic...-the-road-star

Leave a comment:

• davej
    replied
    I have an HSR 45 carb and a member here (Smokescreens) made an extension that allows me to make adjustments sitting on the seat at a red light if I want to. If you have a OEM BSR40 carb I think it was barons that makes an extension but it is still under the carb. It just extends it down far enough under the carb to reach it and turn it by hand. The PMS adjustment on an HSR carb is on the backside of the carb instead of under the carb

Leave a comment:

• roadiemort
    replied
    You can then push a tight fitting hose over the end to give you access on the fly.

Leave a comment:

• roadiemort
    commented on 's reply
    https://www.amazon.ca/Baron-Custom-M.../dp/B0031BL77K

• WasHD
    replied
    Originally posted by davej View Post
    LOL just re-adjust it. That is the great thing about having an AFR gauge you can easily re-tune the idle circuit anytime you want to. I have a pilot jet that is a bit on the lean side in my HSR45 and even when I cold start in the summer I readjust the idle until it warms up. (I have a pms adjustment extension) so I can just reach down to readjust in seconds using the AFR meter.

What is this PMS adjustment extension you speak of? I also use a mirror to do mine(PIA), and this sounds like a much easier method!

Leave a comment:

• Pauli466
    commented on 's reply
    That jet that looks like a plug actually is a plug it's in the starter enrichment circuit ( choke )

• davej
    replied
    IMO hylomar is the best way to do it

Leave a comment:

• penningpd
    replied
    Thinking of going the Hylomar route.

Leave a comment:

• penningpd
    replied
    Still have air leaks at the o rings. Did everything Lug Nut said to do…..now what?

Leave a comment:

• davej
    replied
    when I had a stock carb I used a little piece of mirror to look up under the carb to adjust the pms

Leave a comment:

• Shotround
    replied
    Been wondering since this morning’s post if manifold came loose or other air leak. I keep a screwdriver in the saddlebag for the pms. Need all the practice I can get find the hole blind . I didn’t think about adjusting the idle as you go. I’ve always left the choke out as I finish suiting up. Eventually pushing it in as I’m down the road. Now I can put that pro one tach to work. Mine always been cold blooded.

Leave a comment:

• davej
    replied
    LOL just re-adjust it. That is the great thing about having an AFR gauge you can easily re-tune the idle circuit anytime you want to. I have a pilot jet that is a bit on the lean side in my HSR45 and even when I cold start in the summer I readjust the idle until it warms up. (I have a pms adjustment extension) so I can just reach down to readjust in seconds using the AFR meter.

Leave a comment:

• Shotround
    replied
    So That explains why the afr guage been reading lean these days. Been worried the carb got clogged up again or winter fuel affected it. I gave it a double shot of seafoam and tweaked the pms over the weekend. Also calibrated the sensor just in case.

Leave a comment:

• davej
    replied
    You can install it at any temp that you want to work in. The pms adjustment will just be out a little more in cold weather and need to be readjusted back in a little when the weather warms up for riding season. That is pretty much normal for anyone to have to do if they ride in cold temps.

Leave a comment:

• penningpd
    replied
    Gonna be 40 here today - do you think that’s warm enough to o stall the intake manifold and o-rings?

Leave a comment:

• davej
    replied
    yep 2 1/4 - 2 1/2 turns out. It's gonna be hard to really dial it in proper this time of year. That will get it almost perfect if not perfect for summer riding.

Leave a comment:

• penningpd
    replied
    Ok so I have the 165 main jet installed and the 37.5 pilot jet installed. Where should I start the pms at? 2.5 turns out? Waiting on new prints to install new intake manifold so won’t have any updates until next weekend.

Leave a comment:

• davej
    commented on 's reply
    you are correct on the hot motor adjustment. When going to the larger pilot jet it will not sputter when turning it in like the stock pilot does.

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
Started by dna9656, 6 hours ago
1 response
0 likes
Last Post roadiemort  
Started by Kmartcivic, 5 days ago
11 responses
0 likes
Last Post dna9656
by dna9656