Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• brianmac
    commented on 's reply
    lug im not using any OEM starter bruch plates, strictlky Rick's Motorsports 70-507, the quality is great, and its steel instead of brass, which tends to crack, for me, and even new OEM cracked after 1 yr.

• brianmac
    replied
    bet some of you have shit in your tanks, and or bowls. sloshing around., and or rust

Leave a comment:

• SanctionFew
    replied
    Thanks Duke it was just was a clog I appreciate it

Leave a comment:

• Mr. Miyagi
    replied
    I have also had an issue with a tank of fuel once upon a time. I live .2 mile from the station, I filled up on the way home. When I next ran it, the bike didn't die but it ran like crap until I added some stabilizer to the fuel. Might not be the problem, but doesn't hurt to check.

Leave a comment:

• Tykes_Place
    replied
    I 2nd the accelerator pump/cam. I had the same issue on my '05. I noticed that the accelerator pump cam wasn't moving when I hit the throttle. Any advance on the throttle and it would starve for fuel. I cleaned it well and problem solved.

Leave a comment:

• moose
    replied
    check the diaphragm as well maybe a pinhole/tear ? its easy to check the throttle pump, pull of the filter just work the throttle you should see the fuel squirt out of the brass tube straight into the chamber,

Leave a comment:

• SanctionFew
    replied
    Ok I’ll try to get some carb cleaner and see if it helps at all thank you guys for the suggestions I appreciate it.

Leave a comment:

• DEEPHATE
    commented on 's reply
    I agree with this one...

• Duke
    replied
    If your getting fuel to the bowl, then try this trick. Squirt a little carb cleaner in the main and pilot air feed holes then blow compressed air thru them. This usually cleans out the ports enough to run the bike.
    If it's idle fine but bogs when twisting the throttle, then it's more than likely in the main jet port or the exceleratior pump.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_1394.jpg Views:	0 Size:	126.3 KB ID:	135011

Leave a comment:

• Father Pobasturd
    replied
    If I were you, I would bypass the fuel pump and see if it'll start on gravity feed. Might save yourself money. If it does run, then you can decide if you want to ditch the pump permanently.

Leave a comment:

• Lug Nut
    replied
    Originally posted by SanctionFew View Post
    It wasn’t oem fuel pump. It’s maybe a 3 weeks when I rode if prior to when it stopped running. I took the carb out and cleaned it really well didn’t notice any debris and I had maybe just fill up the tank a week or two before it’s stopped running. I seems if though it maybe be a fuel delivery problem so I might just need to replace the pump
    OEM for EVERY electrical component on these bikes....just too many problems with aftermarket junk Chinese crap....pump, relays, starters, rectifiers, stators ets

I have a good used pump (and maybe a brand new never used pump) available if interested

Leave a comment:

• SanctionFew
    replied
    It wasn’t oem fuel pump. It’s maybe a 3 weeks when I rode if prior to when it stopped running. I took the carb out and cleaned it really well didn’t notice any debris and I had maybe just fill up the tank a week or two before it’s stopped running. I seems if though it maybe be a fuel delivery problem so I might just need to replace the pump

Leave a comment:

• Horsehammerr
    replied
    Sounds like Accelerator pump needs Cleaned , New O-ring , or simply Replaced !

Leave a comment:

• Shores
    replied
    What brand fuel pump did you install? Anything but OEM is crap! How long was it sitting and not being ridden since it ran well? You may have ethanol fuel all gummed up in the fuel system in carburetor. Keep it simple! What has changed since it last ran well?

Leave a comment:

• Ahodge75
    replied
    Kickstand down? If not might be you kickstand switch

Leave a comment:

• SanctionFew
    started a topic Runs at idle bogs out with any throttle

Runs at idle bogs out with any throttle

Good evening everyone I’ve had my bike for 6 years it’s 2005. My bike has always been reliable the first week of December was toys for tots. I started my bike in the morning to it’s carbureted. Started and idled just fine. Got my gear on and with the slightest amount of throttle the bike would shut off. I replaced the fuel pump two years ago. I replaced the plugs and no difference. If anyone has anyone suggestions feel free I would greatly appreciate it.

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
Started by Aussiestar, 1 day ago
12 responses
1 like
Last Post SbTx_Rider  
Started by ElVispo, 2 hours ago
1 response
0 likes
Last Post roadiemort  
Started by Aussiestar, 1 day ago