No announcement yet.

No start

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Come on Lug nut he will get it sorted out and will ride if he wants. Even bone stock looking bikes from p.o. have their gremlins sometimes. Ask away MegaS and someone will have an answer for you. Try posting pics or links of pics for us to take a good look at what you got. These bikes once dialed in are very reliable and tough. JC

Comment

if it is a hsr carb that is set up for gravity feed it will have a large float valve in it. If you want to run a pump then it will need to have a smaller float valve installed that is meant to be for use with a pump. Just get rid of the bullshit pump and regulator he put on it and gravity feed the HSR carb. A roadstar comes from the factory with a pump but it also has a carb with a small fuel bowl and a small float valve that is designed to be used with a pump. When most of the guys go pumpless they swap out the float valve to a larger float valve. That allows more fuel to enter the fuel bowl with only gravity as pressure. This is needed to avoid lack of available fuel at high RPM and at WOT. Some of the other guys that don't ride as aggressive can sometimes get away without swapping out to the larger valve when going pumpless. In your case you are pushing pressurized fuel thru a large float valve and probably overflowing/filling the fuel bowl quicker than it is being used and quicker than the float can close the valve. This is very likely the issue you have. As I said the best and proper solution with the HSR carb is to remove the fuel pump and let it gravity feed. Also make sure the tank is properly vented. I would also check to see if the TPS is still installed on the carb. The TPS controls timing and unless the guy made a TPS bracket for the HSR carb he probably didn't install it.

Comment

I'll ask about the TPS.

So I more concerning issue now. I let it warm for 20 min. took it for a 3 mile drive and it still will not rev up at all with the choke off. It will spit,backfire, pop. no fuel is coming out the carb. at this time.
        Seller just told me he never adjusted the carb. Out the box install. He also mentioned a Pump came with the HSR... Idk what to think lol. Even with the choke on, if I quickly open the throttle it falls on its face for a moment.
        Can you point me in the right directions for the steps involved in converting it to gravity. Not sure if there is a good thread anywhere. I apoligize, really new to anything Carb. related.
        Also, any tips for adjusting the carb?
        Attached Files

Comment

Easy to go pumpless. Remove the pump and run a fuel line straight from the tank to the carb. with or without a filter in the line. It sounds like you bought a bag of worms. I have never heard of a HSR carb coming with a pump. Unless he bought it used from someone that just threw a pump in the box. IMO the previous owner fucked the bike up and was in over his head so he sold it on a lie. You are probably gonna have to pull the carb and check the jetting and make sure the proper vacuum ports are capped off including the one on the top of the intake manifold. If he said he replace the manifold with a ported manifold I would also just go ahead and remove it and reinstall it to make sure it is installed without any air leaks. I would use Hylomar on the flange along with the O-rings for a proper seal. He no doubt did not install the TPS either. I'm sure that was over his head also.

Comment

Originally posted by Jclevesque View Post
            Come on Lug nut he will get it sorted out and will ride if he wants. Even bone stock looking bikes from p.o. have their gremlins sometimes. Ask away MegaS and someone will have an answer for you. Try posting pics or links of pics for us to take a good look at what you got. These bikes once dialed in are very reliable and tough. JC
            Not hating on anyone... just hate seeing someone buy another person's headache for waaay too much money. Great deals on nice perfect running stock bikes are out there now. I would get a project bike once inhad another one all set up ready to ride. Too damn frustrating to work on the only bike you have endlessly instead if riding. He can obviously donehatever he wants and this place will get him sorted out better than any other place. But looking at pics and description it's gonna be a long process to getting it to be a dependable runner....the real fuckery that peaked my interest is when the poster said "...it has the speedo delete kit"...lol. that's a HUGE red flag right there.....

Comment

• Jclevesque
              Jclevesque commented
              Editing a comment
              Yeah I get it now I see better pics of it. Man that pump next to the seat...what is up with that?!? Lol

lol guys, your all right. I apoligize for wasting your time. The seller has agreed to take his freshly polished bike back with a full refund...

Comment

• davej
              davej commented
              Editing a comment
              You got lucky Also you didn't waste our time. Had you kept it we would have been here to see you thru with all the advice to repair it. It's what we do. lol Even though he took it back stick around.

MegaS you sure did get lucky. Take the advice given here and look around and be patient. There are plenty of deals to be had and do the same thing you did here and ask the opinion of the clinic. We have a great group here and plenty of knowledge to spread around.

Comment

Megasquirt.. what part of the country are you in? I check websites often to look for good deals on bikes, Roadstars in particular. Be happy to shoot you some ones in your area if I find any.

I recently bought a one owner 2000 with 38k miles on it in perfect shape with tons of good mods for $1500....had to replace speedo and sensor (cost me about $100 total). Fantastic bike. The deals are out there right now....advertised for $2500 down to $1500....and as always cash talks.

pm me your email if you like and I'll pass along any good deals I find near you.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by Father Pobasturd, 1 hour ago
              1 response
              0 likes
              Last Post Lug Nut
              by Lug Nut

Started by JoeBloShmo, 5 days ago
              9 responses
              0 likes