X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shores
    replied
    Originally posted by Lug Nut View Post

They went back to 4250 in 08 not sure when/if they raised it again?
    All fuelies are 4250. Early model carbonated road stars were 4250, then they raised it to 4750 and then in 2008 they went back down to 4250.

Leave a comment:

• Lug Nut
    replied
    Originally posted by Boots View Post

Not sure where you got the 4250 number for a fi engine, but my stock 2012 R* fi redlines at 4750.
    They went back to 4250 in 08 not sure when/if they raised it again?

Leave a comment:

• Boots
    replied
    Originally posted by Lug Nut View Post

Kinda what i was thinking....all the fuelie guys think they are limited to 4250. But...it has to be the model i have ($429) that allows for timing change/rev limit increase...
    Not sure where you got the 4250 number for a fi engine, but my stock 2012 R* fi redlines at 4750.

Leave a comment:

• Shores
    replied
    Be our guinea pig Scott! You've got the aptitude to sort it out and tell us if it is worth the cost.

Leave a comment:

• Lug Nut
    replied
    Originally posted by davej View Post
    I like all that you have confirmed so far about using a PC5. I especially like knowing that the Rev Limit can be raised. The PC is worth it just for that, especially when many have them sitting on the shelf after removing them and would sell them cheap.
    Kinda what i was thinking....all the fuelie guys think they are limited to 4250. But...it has to be the model i have ($429) that allows for timing change/rev limit increase...

Leave a comment:

• davej
    replied
    I like all that you have confirmed so far about using a PC5. I especially like knowing that the Rev Limit can be raised. The PC is worth it just for that, especially when many have them sitting on the shelf after removing them and would sell them cheap.

Leave a comment:

• Lug Nut
    started a topic Delving into PCV on 08 fuelie

Delving into PCV on 08 fuelie

Just downloaded the "zero" tune which bypasses any PCV tune that was loaded and allows pass-theough for stick computer. I emailed support about rev limit and picked 4850 rpm and they emailed me a code which i installed with laptop.

When looking at the tune that was in there when I picked up bike I can see the fuel table looked waaay different. It was adding fuel quite a bit down low and then pulling fuel after a certain rpm. Now the table is all zeros (not adding or detracting from factory computer at all).

Plugs were SOOT when i pulled then when i got bike home...soooo rich. Probably idled a fair amount and adding more fuel constantly through the tune.

Cleaned TB real good, dumped old gas, fresh Irrididiums, fresh 2 gallons 87 with Startron, will spray deep creep into TB when its warmed up...maybe pull exhaust and coat exhaust ports also with deep creep. Added a bit of Startron to oil (been sitting unfired since 2008). Found a K&N filter in one of my used Air boxes (carb model but fits...just pcv hose different length). Left lid off to simulate open air kit (not 100% sure which one im getting and none in stock anyways). See how stock computer adjusts to hillbilly big air kit and pupes lol. Will warm up bike and ride 20 miles or so then drain oil while hot to clean everything out. Before the new oil and filter goes in I will install a new Barnett clutch spring Will be doing brake fluid flush and and do transfer case fluid change today (high of 20 tomorrow mid 40's so will wait for tomorrow to start and ride). Once i settle on air kit ill reroute pcv under bike.
    Attached Files

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
Started by joej85a, 2 days ago
15 responses
0 likes
Last Post Shores
by Shores

Started by Father Pobasturd, 05-24-2019, 02:51 PM
1,318 responses
2 likes