Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carpetbagger
    replied
    Here's a Velocity Pro I put on my 08. It has removable baffles, but is pretty loud with baffles. The video is with baffles. It replaced Cobra drag pipes and the performance improvement was quite noticeable.

Leave a comment:

• NCB
    replied
    Originally posted by Chief_10Beers View Post

I like tone but not sure on the decel, wished it was a little longer.
    not sure if these are the same pipes? But are 2 into 1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cYFHAU4Xr4g

Leave a comment:

• Chief_10Beers
    replied
    Originally posted by NCB View Post

If you have some decent speakers this might help?

https://youtu.be/38r9FG1ZmtY
    I like tone but not sure on the decel, wished it was a little longer.

Leave a comment:

• Chief_10Beers
    replied
    Originally posted by Shores View Post
    Check out the Freedom Performance Combat 2-1 pipes. Jaybo has them. Real sweet sound and max performance.
    I'm always open to options.

Leave a comment:

• TimB
    commented on 's reply
    Why do you not take elevation into your #s?
    It makes a BIG difference. I run 3 main jet sizes smaller than those at sea level.

• Shores
    replied
    Check out the Freedom Performance Combat 2-1 pipes. Jaybo has them. Real sweet sound and max performance.

Leave a comment:

• Agpilot
    replied
    I have the Cobra Power Pro on my 99 with the HK baffle installed has been on the bike for several years. it quitiens it down some and gives it a deeper tone. Performance increase was very noticeable. I did not touch my jetting after installation and it has been several years since it was jetted for a K&N. Don't ask me what the jets are and the needle settings it has been years since it was installed and the log I had for the mods has grown feet and departed.

Leave a comment:

• NCB
    replied
    Originally posted by Chief_10Beers View Post
    I've done the stage one on my stock exhaust, it has a nice sound, not too loud or too quiet nor is it raspy. I was looking at buying the Cobra Power Pro 2 into 1. Anyone have these installed? What can I expect from this exhaust? Will the performance be better or about the same as what I have now? What about sound? Louder will not bother me but a raspy or elephant farting underwater will. I do have the Speedstar BAK and dynojetted the carburetor. The Bike Runs really good now.
    One other thing, I'm thinking about painting the chrome speedometer bezel a Sateen Black as when the sun is just right, that thing blinds the living shit out of me...........................
    If you have some decent speakers this might help?

https://youtu.be/38r9FG1ZmtY

Leave a comment:

• Chief_10Beers
    replied
    Originally posted by Rob in FL View Post
    Once I get it (finished) and the engine started I will let you know
    That is Nice!, Yeah man, let me know.

Leave a comment:

• Rob in FL
    replied
    Once I get it (finished) and the engine started I will let you know
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Lifeguard
    replied
    It has a low growl that sounds pretty cool if you ask me. Some complain of it sounding too much like a Jake Brake. I dont really hear that though myself.

Leave a comment:

• Chief_10Beers
    replied
    Hey davej, I forgot to ask, what is the tone like?

Leave a comment:

• Chief_10Beers
    replied
    Thanks for the help davej

Leave a comment:

• davej
    replied
    yep 4 down from the flat end

Leave a comment:

• Chief_10Beers
    replied
    Originally posted by davej View Post
    The 167.5 will not be OK , with a 1700 you want to install a 172.5 mikuni mainjet and clip in the 4th groove regardless of how many grooves. Install a #40 Mikuni pilot jet. The 37.5 dyno pilot jet flows the same amount of fuel as the stock mikuni 35 pilot jet. going up to the mikuni #40 will improve performance off idle and on acceleration at low speeds. leave the pms where it is at. Use Mikuni jets not dynojet brand.
    4th groove from the top, right?

Leave a comment:

• davej
    replied
    The 167.5 will not be OK , with a 1700 you want to install a 172.5 mikuni mainjet and clip in the 4th groove regardless of how many grooves. Install a #40 Mikuni pilot jet. The 37.5 dyno pilot jet flows the same amount of fuel as the stock mikuni 35 pilot jet. going up to the mikuni #40 will improve performance off idle and on acceleration at low speeds. leave the pms where it is at. Use Mikuni jets not dynojet brand.

Leave a comment:

• Chief_10Beers
    replied
    Originally posted by davej View Post
    The 2-1 exhaust will be louder and is the best exhaust for performance. You will probably need to rejet again after you install it. I say probably because I have no idea what main jet was installed now and I know the pilot jet can be changed from what is in there now if you used the one that come in the jet kit.
    I have a 167.5 main jet, 37.5 Pilot jet, PMS 2.25t out, as for the Dynojet jet needle, all I can remember is if the needle is 5 groove, the clip is in the middle, or if 6 groove, 4 from the top. Its been a long time since I put the kit in, 06 me thinks.

Leave a comment:

• davej
    replied
    The 2-1 exhaust will be louder and is the best exhaust for performance. You will probably need to rejet again after you install it. I say probably because I have no idea what main jet was installed now and I know the pilot jet can be changed from what is in there now if you used the one that come in the jet kit.

Leave a comment:

• Chief_10Beers
    started a topic Cobra Power Pro 2 into 1 Exhaust

Cobra Power Pro 2 into 1 Exhaust

I've done the stage one on my stock exhaust, it has a nice sound, not too loud or too quiet nor is it raspy. I was looking at buying the Cobra Power Pro 2 into 1. Anyone have these installed? What can I expect from this exhaust? Will the performance be better or about the same as what I have now? What about sound? Louder will not bother me but a raspy or elephant farting underwater will. I do have the Speedstar BAK and dynojetted the carburetor. The Bike Runs really good now.
    One other thing, I'm thinking about painting the chrome speedometer bezel a Sateen Black as when the sun is just right, that thing blinds the living shit out of me...........................

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
Started by DEEPHATE, 15 hours ago
6 responses
0 likes
Last Post Shores
by Shores

Started by Road Star Charlie, 05-22-2019, 04:21 PM
10 responses
0 likes
Last Post Road Star Charlie