FOR SALE - 2007 Star Midnight Silverado with 20k miles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FOR SALE - 2007 Star Midnight Silverado with 20k miles

I am buying a new 2018 Yamaha Eluder and want to sell my Midnight Silverado, asking $3200. I know this is a bad time of year to sell, and to make things more difficult for me to sell is the fact that my Silverado was salvaged in Wisconsin back in 2011 with 7093 miles on it. The bike was auctioned off and rebuilt by the second owner. I am including 6 pictures of the damaged bike, and 1 of the rebuilt bike as I bought from the 2nd owner back in Sept. 2013 with 10,600 miles on it.
    When you look at these pictures, you can see that the damage was cosmetic and all on the left side of the bike. I was told by the 2nd owner, that this was totaled because the insurance only replaces damaged parts with new ones. Since the damaged parts, (bags, tank, exhaust, floorboard, brake pedal, bar end, rear view mirror, front brake lever, spot light and throttle cables) were scratched, chipped or bent, the cost for new parts was more than the book price, even though there was no frame or structural damage. The second owner basically made it a stripped model and replace some of the parts that needed to be.

So current status of the bike is I've put this back to original equipment with some additional aftermarket parts. The bike has had new front steering head bearings, bronze swingarm bearings, rebuilt forks with new seals, bearings and front brake pads, new Michelin Commander II front and rear tires, carbs was rebuilt and jetted. Includes OEM Yamaha Service Manual LIT-11616-RS-00
    Aftermarket parts added:
    • 1000lb progressive rear shock spring,
    • Vance and Hines Bigshot exhaust, with custom baffles to quiet it down
    • Vented clear view windshield
    • Ultimate passenger seat
    • OEM luggage rack
    • Lindby Crash Bar
    Take a look at the link of current pictures, you will see what is left of any evidence to the accident, gravel chips in the tank and side cover the 2nd owner filled in. I was going to try to sand out the side cover with 1000 grit paper, but never finished.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/v17GBSmx18zXx3fB6

Looking at book prices and what dealers like cycle trader or ebay are asking, the bike could be worth anywhere from 3k to 4.5k (not salvaged). I have an Illinois title, but doesn't show as rebuilt for some reason. I wanted to see if there was any interest in buying the bike as is for $3200. This is a good motorcycle regardless of the salvaged title. It has been gone through and ridden enough to be confident that there are no issues. The question is will anybody see past the rebuilt status.
    If I get no interest I will probably keep it over the winter and sell some of the some of the aftermarket items. I would keep it as an OEM Silverado, so I wouldn't totally strip it down to a standard again. Please give your opinion on if my asking price is unreasonable, or if there are some parts that you may be interested in.

PM me with any questions,
    Russ
    Last edited by RRS_07RdStar; 09-09-2020, 01:40 PM.

Sounds like a nice R*. Good luck. I have a friend in Salem, OR looking at a stock 2009 fuelie with 30K for $3900 and a 2008 Strat with 50K for $4500.

Comment

I wasn't getting any responses except Shores, so I edited title to maybe get more feed back. For some reason, the attached pictures of the salvaged bike before I got it, don't show up anymore, anyone know why?

So since there doesn't seem to be much interest in bike as shown in 1st link above, I am considering parting out some specific parts. If you go to the link, look at the Vance & Hines exhaust, Lindby crash Bar, Luggage rack (but not the backrest), and the Clearview vented windshield that I just put on late last year. If I were to get offered enough for any of these items, I'd sell them. I have the original exhaust and windshield that I would put back on the bike. Then I would reduce the price of the bike but haven't figure out how much yet. Trying to figure out best way to get as much money out of parts and sell the bike in tact as an original Midnight Silverado without stripping it to a standard model.
      All ideas welcome.

Comment

Does your clear view windshield have the recurve at the top? If so, how much would you want for it?

Comment

Hard selling 13 year old metric bike with salvage title.... Obviously much more money in Parting it out... Good luck either way!
          LET'S RIDE

Comment

• RRS_07RdStar
            RRS_07RdStar commented
            Editing a comment
            I obviously forgot to hit the post button, but I'm not re-writing my whole explanation again. I'm not parting the bike out except for the few parts I mentioned above.

Strip it all down... Parts sell... Pain in the ass to ship everything but much more money that way. Join the Face Book RSC site and advertise things there.
          LET'S RIDE

Comment

• RRS_07RdStar
            RRS_07RdStar commented
            Editing a comment
            You saw my comment above about parting out, but I'm not a social media guy either, forums are about the extent of my social encounters. My kids use all of those other social networks for communicating with other family members, but I don't know what's going on unless they send a group text. I guess I'm in the dark ages which is fine with me.

Originally posted by Shores View Post
          Does your clear view windshield have the recurve at the top? If so, how much would you want for it?
          Hey Shores, this was a 25.5" wide, with the recurve, 5 position vent, and custom height, 19.5". Cost me $256, installed last August and less than 500 miles on it. A new standard one with 21" height is $222. I want to be fair, but I don't want to give it away either. What do you think is $150 to much?

Comment

• Shores
            Shores commented
            Editing a comment
            Bummer! I’m looking for taller than 19.5” from headlight cutout to top. Do you happen to know what their tallest is?

• RRS_07RdStar
            RRS_07RdStar commented
            Editing a comment
            They have a 21", 23.5" & 25" is the tallest. If this link doesn't work just copy and paste it into the web address line.

https://www.clearviewshields.com/mot...tar-1996-2001/

I might be interested in the Linby engine guard. What you thinking on it?

Comment

Here are the initial cost of some of the Vance & Hines bigshots for a reference only ($749 new). If someone is interested in mine, what would it be worth used?

Full link to Roadstar exhaust won't post, click link, pull down exhaust, choose Yamaha, Scroll down and you will see Roadstar with Bigshots in one of the pictures, click on that.
            Last edited by RRS_07RdStar; 09-12-2020, 07:42 PM. Reason: Link not complete

Comment

Here are the initial cost of some of the Lindby Linbar for a reference only ($399 new). If someone is interested in mine, what would it be worth used?

https://www.lindbycustom.com/product...ad-star-1700cc

You can't buy a luggage rack for a Roadstar from Yamaha any more, but a Vstar 1300 luggage rack (looks the same as mine) cost $180.

I'm trying to sell my Roadstar on local Craigslist so I'm not selling parts immediately. I'm asking more there, and have a least got some inquiry's. If I don't sell it by next weekend as it is, I will be offering the parts mentioned then. I'll research the used prices on Ebay, so think about what you consider to be a fair price for any of the 4 items listed in my post #3.

Comment

FOR SALE - REDUCED PRICE, $2850
                I stripped off all of the aftermarket parts and basically got this down to a stock Midnight Silverado as you would of bought in 2007. The only things that are not stock are the Cee Baily's wide windshield with windshield bag, Stage I exhaust modification, and a DJ #37.5 pilot jet. All other jets are OEM stock, PMS out 2-5/8 turns. I tried running this with the stock jetting, and you could definitely tell it was lean on the off idle transition with hesitation and not real crisp acceleration. Adding the DJ #37.5 adds just enough fuel to the pilot circuit that it has no more hesitation and nice crisp acceleration, and returns to idle quickly when throttle is closed.

You can read about the history in post #1. As you look at the book prices, keep in mind that this motorcycle is in very good mechanical condition, with many parts rebuilt (as noted in post #1) and I'm asking below low retail and trade-in value.

Here is the book current pictures link:
                https://photos.app.goo.gl/Atm9AjunNdNRnXHF6

Current Nada book price, average retail:
                https://www.nadaguides.com/Motorcycl...c/Values/Print

Current Kelley Blue book retail:
                https://www.kbb.com/motorcycles/yama...icetype=retail

Current Kelley Blue book trade-in:
                https://www.kbb.com/motorcycles/yama...etype=trade-in

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post