Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

wheel adapters for hd wheels on road stars.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DEEPHATE
    commented on 's reply
    Looks good!

• Kmartcivic
    replied
    Thank you! At my door on Halloween. Couldn’t be happier! Now to wait for my rotors to come in.

Leave a comment:

• Kmartcivic
    replied
    Ok sounds good. message me your paypal info and Ill send a payment with my address. I appreciate it!

Leave a comment:

• Smokescreens
    commented on 's reply
    i prefer paypal but i can take other forms as well. i make them to order so its just a matter of finding a few hours of time to do them.

• Kmartcivic
    replied
    Whats your availability on some 1" spacers, and how do you accept payments. The Cafe Kawi KZ650 is a little small for me and the Fiancé!

Leave a comment:

• YZ18
    commented on 's reply
    I bought your setup and had the HD enforcer wheels on my bike. I ground down the subframe to fit the rear tire in. After it was all in place I didn't think there was enough clearance and went back to stock. I loved the look of the wheels but wasn't going to put my safety let alone my wife's safety on the line. W
    Not sure a skinnier rear would make me feel more secure with more clearance for the rear.

• lowriderbob
    replied
    Smokescreen, I am very interested in a set for the 1" bearing size wheels. you can email me at [email protected]

Leave a comment:

• Yamahaman
    replied
    I'm definitely interested in a set of spacers

Leave a comment:

• Smokescreens
    replied
    Originally posted by BillinFL View Post
    Smokescreens,
    Sent you a PM. Need a set of adapters for an HD wheel.

Thanks!
    replied

Leave a comment:

• BillinFL
    replied
    Smokescreens,
    Sent you a PM. Need a set of adapters for an HD wheel.

Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• Smokescreens
    replied
    Originally posted by Ponyboy1071 View Post
    These are the rims that I want to swap. Not sure if I can use my belt drive. Is there any videos on how to do this? Pictures and prices please. Thanks for your help.
    i put some enforcer wheels on a road star for a hot second but sold the bike before i ever drove it. the enforcer wheels are off 2014 and up touring bikes so im not 100% it would be the same but that being said.

the front is pretty straight forward. wheel adapter, space calipers in, standard harley rotors for that wheel and done.

the rear is more complicated. first headache is the brakes. our rotor is a oddball size at 12.6ish inches. rc components makes a road star rotor to harley wheel adapter its about $75 shipped. if they dont have them anymore then your rear brake will need to be reworked to work with a harley sized rotor.

now for the pulley side. you would need the harley pulley and cush drive rubber inserts for that wheel. it is important to note that for my experience (and im the only one i know to have tried it) with the enforcer wheel in the back the wheels pulley was in perfect alignment with the drive pulley with the wheel centered in the fender. im not 100% sure if it will or wont with a older models wheel as it has a different frame between the two bikes. from what i see i can not see a difference to the naked eye however. also in my experience the belt length options was a issue. you would need to get a 1 inch wide belt for the wheels pulley. 130 tooth belt is what our bike has standard and that is a option for a 1 inch wide belt but with harleys 68t pulley the wheel goes all the way back without enough tension on the belt. so you would likely need to get a wider belt at 128 tooth length and cut it on a band saw to 1 inch wide. you also would "possibly" need to grind your rear fender sub frame for tire clearance as that wheel runs a 180 tire if i remember correctly.

after that you would need rear wheel spacers from me but i would need measurements from you and i would make them to your specs. and space out your rotor as needed for your rear brake.

i charge $75 for front wheel adapters and $100 for the rear. i also need you to confirm bearing size. 25mm or 1 inch as they used both for a while.

i make the spacers out of 304 stainless steel.

Leave a comment:

• Ponyboy1071
    replied
    These are the rims that I want to swap. Not sure if I can use my belt drive. Is there any videos on how to do this? Pictures and prices please. Thanks for your help.

Leave a comment:

• Smokescreens
    commented on 's reply
    my adapters and spacers and longer bolts for the calipers

• Ponyboy1071
    replied
    03 RS 1600 Silverado rims to 2013 HD street glide mag rims what will I need to convert

Leave a comment:

• Biggraham86
    replied
    Trying to see what I needed before I purchase wheel

Leave a comment:

• Smokescreens
    commented on 's reply
    happy to help. pm sent

• Biggraham86
    replied
    Smoke screen I've read you have the remedy for mounting Harley wheels on a road star l. Please help lol

Leave a comment:

• Shores
    replied
    Originally posted by Roadstar69er View Post
    How can I get a hold of you to get wheel spacers to put Harley wheel on my 99 roadstar
    Click on his name and send him a private message.

Leave a comment:

• Roadstar69er
    replied
    How can I get a hold of you to get wheel spacers to put Harley wheel on my 99 roadstar

Leave a comment:

• Smokescreens
    commented on 's reply
    pm replied

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
Started by JayPee, 2 hours ago
3 responses
0 likes
Last Post JayPee
by JayPee