Winter upgrades part 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Winter upgrades part 2

Highway pegs completed, next stop: Handlebars!

KST Kustom 12" Mayhem bars, LA Chopper HexTex grips, Barron SS cables and lines

https://imgur.com/ZLx1YSM

DemonCycles is apparently out of business. Site is still up, but can't place orders or contact anyone. Love the look of the bars and found the original designers - KST Kustom. Giving them a shout-out, as they have even stopped mass producing these bars and started making them bagger style, but JC with MeanCycles.com (another shout-out for a bad-ass dude. If you're in Miami, FL look him up!) knows the the owner of KST and got it worked out to have a set made for me.

Internally wiring around the horns was one of the most frustrating things I have ever done under the shadetree . It took a bunch of tries over Saturday and Sunday and I ended up pulling one at a time, instead of as a group as suggested in ALL of their install videos. Only exposed wires are the clutch safety switch and brake light wiring. Lets the 1-1/4" bars shine!!

Passenger grip doesn't use glue, it has 3 set screws, so no glue deadline for making sure it fits right and lines up with the throttle. Grips are a little fatter, like the feel of them.

Risers came off of a Victory V92c. Slight difference in thickness of the bolts, but nothing a nylon sleeve insert didn't fix.

Cables went on without a hitch. Ran into a small problem bleeding the brakes. Came in and searched the site to discover the splitter is where the bubble gets stuck and had a tight lever 10 mins later. Took her for a spin just before dark, with the combination of the new bars and the ED seat (one of the many amazing deals - (see also: cheap cables - https://www.roadstarclinic.com/forum...able-line-kits) of this build - $92 brand new ebay special!!! guy said he just didn't like it and bought an Ultimate), what a freaking difference the correct positioning makes in the tension across my shoulders. If the seat performs for me like I hear it has for you guys, maybe that 50CC I've been thinking about running this summer is a real possibliity

Running into a dilemma as I prefer riding behind a windshield, but hate the Frankenstein mounts. Totally changes the front end without them. Couldn't budget in new switchblade mounts this go around, so maybe I'm picking bugs this year

Tracking on the passing light bar shows it will FINALLY show up tomorrow (would have been cool to show up on my bday, today, but..), and it will be on to round 3!!

I do need some advice, though. I also scored a set of eyebrows and a fender bib from the same guy I got the seat from. How do I convince my 8yo that little strip of leather is more comfortable than the giant seat she's currently enjoying because daddy's bike looks cooler as a single seater when she's not on it with me (which honestly, isn't much of the time when I just want to take a 30 around the county), and everybody knows it's form over functionality, right?

On this same note, anybody have or hear any updates on the Landon bars that might possibly be being fabricated by a member??? Definitely interested in one of those!!

Happy Birthday! I have a stick-on pillion pad, got it on Ebay for next to nothing, suction cups hold on real good.

Comment

Thanks FP!

A lick it 'n stick it never crossed my mind!!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by Rilcoat, 2 days ago
      11 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post Rilcoat
      by Rilcoat

Started by Rilcoat, 2 days ago
      17 responses
      0 likes