No announcement yet.

2020 NW Starfest Official Thread!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just booked my AirBnB's for the trip. Mapped out 1607 miles round trip. I'm getting anxious to go!
    Manuals, Roadwing, other stuff
    PGR
    PGT MT

Comment

• MikeyC
      MikeyC commented
      Editing a comment
      Woohoo! Ride safe and see you soon.

• The 99 Grill, the cafe in Harrisburg just 1/2 mile south of the hotel has agreed to open up early @ 7:30 am for breakfast. Mike and I both figure our actual KSU's will be around 9-9:15 for both days so we have a chance to get something to eat and meet at the hotel. We plan to BBQ elk burgers and Costco Sausages both Friday and Saturday after the ride. The Friday ride looks to be a little longer probably more like 280-ish miles depending what our actual ride time and stops end up being. The Saturday coast ride should still be around 220 miles With lunch at the Lazy Dayz cafe in Waldport.
    2000 Roadstar 1600 - BAK, Pumpless, Curt's manifold, Mikuni HSR42 Freedom Combat Pipes Jumbo Strong bags, PPG 'HellFire' Paint.

Comment

• I hope to arrive late afternoon/evening to the Hotel on Wednesday... Time to relax donlaundry and clean bike a bit. Just about done packing now. Man... These HD bags and trunk make things easier for sure.
      LET'S RIDE

Comment

• I'm washed and loaded. I'll head out early tomorrow morning to my in-laws place in Springfield Oregon to help re-roof and paint their shed. Then I'll head to Harrisburg after lunch on Thursday for the grueling 26 Mile ride.

Comment

• Duke
          Duke commented
          Editing a comment
          If it rains Shores, I'm blaming you! Lol

• Leaving tomorrow morning after breakfast. Loaded and strapped down and even 2 gal gas can just in case
        Attached Files
        LET'S RIDE

Comment

• Brad_G
          Brad_G commented
          Editing a comment
          And here I thought the gas can was a joke in the earlier picture. If you're bringing I-80 wave as you pass exit 242. I'll be thinking of your long journey across country.

• Woohoo. Ride safe. See you in a few days
        It's not that life is so short, it's just that you're dead for so long.---unknown.

Comment

• Left around 8 a.m. from Indiana and made it as far as Des Moines Iowa here now at 6 p.m. Only 500 miles could have done a lot more but ran into some very heavy rains we'll get up early and leave at 6 a.m. when the rains are supposed to stop. The bike has been Flawless except I get fuel starvation from going pumpless when riding 85 miles an hour sustained speed and tank gets about quarter. Have to slow it down to 70 miles an hour to maintain speed. Just need need more volume of fuel. Otherwise the road Wing shock the brand new tires new belt bearings a needy big touring seat and heavier synthetic fork oil makes her a very very nice ride. I learned the 85 miles an hour on the GPS equates to 26 miles to the gallon but 70 miles an hour gets you 32 miles to the gallon all loaded down with extra weight from bigger Wheels saddlebags Tour pack brackets tools clothes, etc. In hotel at Des Moines now.
          LET'S RIDE

Comment

• DEEPHATE
            DEEPHATE commented
            Editing a comment
            We have an old motorhome we were trying to run some old gas out of today. We considered Des Moines. It never rained here north of you but it was supposed to. 100% chance....nothing.

• I rode that way today about 273 miles to Leaburg, OR area on the McKenzie River to my in-laws to help roof and paint their shed. Stopped in Albany, OR to have a late breakfast with MikeyC, his wife Jeanette and another OR rider who will join us. Got 38 MPG doing 65 and 75. It’s hotter than a pistol down here so bring your flip flops and Speedo! Will ride the grueling 26 miles to Harrisburg Thursday after lunch.

Comment

• DEEPHATE
            DEEPHATE commented
            Editing a comment
            Are you one of these studs?

• Jaybo
            Jaybo commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks for the no-invite! The heat is supposed to be a little better at the end of the week. upper 70's low 80's for the weekend. It will be in the low 60's at the coast on Saturday.

• Got hung up early yesterday in Des Moines Iowa due to rain left early this morning left Iowa behind all the way through Nebraska and into Wyoming. Stop here at Laramie Wyoming for dinner maybe get Hotel here and maybe go a little further not sure yet. Over 1,300 miles on my trip so far
          LET'S RIDE

Comment

• Laramie WY getting grub. 500 miles yesterday and 700 miles today (so far)
            Attached Files
            LET'S RIDE

Comment

• MikeyC
              MikeyC commented
              Editing a comment
              I'd like to be riding with you!

• Read up folks! https://ridermagazine.com/2019/10/31...est-practices/
            2000 Roadstar 1600 - BAK, Pumpless, Curt's manifold, Mikuni HSR42 Freedom Combat Pipes Jumbo Strong bags, PPG 'HellFire' Paint.

Comment

• MikeyC
              MikeyC commented
              Editing a comment
              I've driven Jaybo nuts before with inconsistent speed. If I have cars in front of me I'm touchy if they keep tuching the brakes.

• Jaybo
              Jaybo commented
              Editing a comment
              Steve, I agree with you for the most part, I was on a group ride a couple weeks ago where I had a paerson in front that was lacking in ability and being very inconsistent in speed. We were tag a longs to their group ride so I tried to hang back but I was getting quite frustrated. Not sure how we should address this since we have some very twisty roads both days. Saturday will be a larger group, and I'll be leading so just a little stressed on that. We can discuss that some on Thursday.

• Brad_G
              Brad_G commented
              Editing a comment
              MikeyC, I can tolerate inconsistent speed, especially if you're following a car and they're not being consistent. My peeve is more someone that drifts from their portion of the lane into mine. I'm not talking once in a while...but those who seem to do it multiple times in a few miles.

• I want to ride like badass one percenters all tight together next to each other at 90 miles an hour. Don't you guys puss out on me.
            LET'S RIDE

Comment

• I pretty much know everyone coming and all are great riders. I don’t think we will have a problem. I was just commenting on when I lead local MeetUp rides and have new people. Here’s what we should do this week: brief all at ride meeting to ride at your own comfort level, faster riders up front, don’t worry if you get behind, just stay on the road you are on, the leader won’t turn right or left until the entire group catches up, if you want to ride faster and the person in front of you is CONSISTENTLY leaving a big space just carefully pass them, don’t get offended if someone passes you and finally............Oregon riders up front! I’ve ridden with you guys lots and you are ANIMALS! Great riders, but about 5 mph than the groups I ride with in WA. I love riding with y’all!

Comment

• MikeyC
                MikeyC commented
                Editing a comment
                Thank you Steve We try to keep within about 20mph of the speed limit.

• MikeyC
                MikeyC commented
                Editing a comment
                By the way, we will have a sweep bike to keep people in touch, if the sweep bike doesn't show up then somethings wrong.

• Gassed and shined and ready to ride!
              I’m leaving this afternoon for Missoula to spend time with my daughter. Then off to Lolo Canyon tomorrow. I’ll overnight in Kennewick. I should arrive in Harrisburg late Thursday afternoon.
              Manuals, Roadwing, other stuff
              PGR
              PGT MT

Comment

• MikeyC
                MikeyC commented
                Editing a comment
                Ride safe Darrell, see you soon.

• Stopped off and Rawlins Wyoming for breakfast actually cold and windy right now glad I packed jacket full face helmet. Supposed to be 96 and hot later on. Found out that 6000 foot elevation sapp's a lot of power on this old carbureted bike. With all the extra weight and the 65 tooth pulley and tell her tires it struggles to maintain speed of 85 miles per hour going up a grade have to downshift to 4th gear. Part of the issue is fuel starvation which hopefully Dukes modified petcock will cure. That pulley makes a world of difference when I do have to shift down to 4th gear it feels just like it used to in 4th gear LOL. So far the bike has just been Flawless and starving and running super comfortable and 700 miles a day was not a big deal. Hope to make it to at least Twin Falls Idaho today if not further and then I arrive at starfest Wednesday night.
              LET'S RIDE

Comment

• Jaybo
                Jaybo commented
                Editing a comment
                Are you doing 84 across Oregon or 20/26?

• Brad_G
                Brad_G commented
                Editing a comment
                Good to hear things are working well for you. I enjoy following along on this adventure.

• MikeyC
                MikeyC commented
                Editing a comment
                Glad it's working LugNut, I'm going to talk to Duke about one of those also.

• One of these days, I'll make it to the big show! Just can't swing it, again! Life keeps getting into the way... I'll be following along, so be sure to post up some pictures for us guy's that can't make it. Ride safe brothers!!

Comment

• Jaybo
                Jaybo commented
                Editing a comment
                Bummers Randy! Miss riding with you!

• MikeyC
                MikeyC commented
                Editing a comment
                Oh, bummer Randy, thought we were going to see you here. Be safe and we will try and get some good pic's

• MORGAN Utah for some grub...parked next to two other Stars at River Burger. Nice little town. Click image for larger version

Name:	20200728_155907.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	3.05 MB
ID:	103653
              Attached Files
              LET'S RIDE

Comment

• MikeyC
                MikeyC commented
                Editing a comment
                Should have brought them with you.

• Lug Nut, I hope you have a three piece suit in that zipper bag so you can attend our black tie event Friday night?

Comment

• JAYBO came 80w then up 84...then 84 until 228 in Oregon
                LET'S RIDE

Comment

• MikeyC
                  MikeyC commented
                  Editing a comment
                  When you get into Oregon you should be looking for Hwy 26 or Hwy 20. High road or low road. They come together in Sisters and will take you to Hwy 228 in Sweet Home which will bring you to Harrisburg.

• Just made it to Redding, California, hot as heck, 104 and I’m well done. Looking forward to the coast temperatures. We’ll see in the morning.
                Everyone ride safe, and see ya Thursday afternoon.

Comment

• JoeBloShmo
                  JoeBloShmo commented
                  Editing a comment
                  It will be 90 til 12pm. Born and raised in Redding. My kids are there now.

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by Lug Nut, 13 hours ago
              2 responses
              1 like
              Last Post Lug Nut
              by Lug Nut

Started by MikeyC, 8 hours ago
              6 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post davej