No announcement yet.

Scavenger Hunt Time!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Next. Your bike in front of a dairy. No. Scratch that. To hard. Your bike in front of your favorite ice cream shop. Even not your favorite ice cream shop
    It's not that life is so short, it's just that you're dead for so long.---unknown.

Comment

• MikeyC
      MikeyC commented
      Editing a comment
      My wife and I do gravel all the time. Not that we like it, just that it's everywhere

• MidnightRide
      MidnightRide commented
      Editing a comment
      Hmmm. But dairy with black and white cow is still OK, I assume. Trying to figure out where the closest one is. Ice cream's on the next block, and down the road...too easy! Someone else needs to jump on that one! Dairy is half way home, on the way over what we've dubbed 'Dairy Pass', of all things. Starfest NW guys will remember the Day 1 ride (other than MikeyC who got a flat) where we went toward the ferry from the first gas stop. We turned right on the country road but going straight puts you on a number of dairies.

Do I have time today? Nah. Maybe the weekend though! Ice cream sounds good right now!

• MikeyC
      MikeyC commented
      Editing a comment
      Darn flat tires

• I was out this morning and didn't even think about ice cream, wasted opportunity!

Comment

• MikeyC
      MikeyC commented
      Editing a comment
      How could you ride on a hot day and not think about ice cream!

• Mr. Miyagi
      Mr. Miyagi commented
      Editing a comment
      It was actually 80 degrees here in Texas with rain. The rain stopped and I got out and didn't remember ice cream. Then I got out and parked in front of the ice cream place without my phone. Then went back with the phone. All that for a simple photo...

• Mission accomplished:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7600.jpg
Views:	106
Size:	2.38 MB
ID:	147591

Comment

• Brad_G
      Brad_G commented
      Editing a comment
      Nice work! What's the next target? I need to get back out on the bike.

• MikeyC
      MikeyC commented
      Editing a comment
      Good job

• MikeyC
      MikeyC commented
      Editing a comment
      I put smilies and thumbs up on that last post and they didn’t come thru

• I was thinking, what about a picture of your bike in front of a business with "Star" in the name.

Comment

• MidnightRide
      MidnightRide commented
      Editing a comment
      STARbucks qualify, or not? Should be Star Bucks, right? Just curious for the city dwellers...

• Mr. Miyagi
      Mr. Miyagi commented
      Editing a comment
      I would think Starbucks would qualify if there isn't anything else in your part of the world.

• MidnightRide
      MidnightRide commented
      Editing a comment
      Actually there's a bar/restaurant combo just down the street in the next town, literally a mile away, called the Western Star. Completely forgot about it until I Googled 'Star' and a local town and it came up. We'll see how the day goes. I literally just knocked off and it's just after midnight.

• Still looking for a business with "Star" in the name. I'm just posting a photo of a non-chain local ice cream place that's a little more interesting.

Name:	Igloo.jpg
Views:	119
Size:	720.5 KB
ID:	147648

Comment

• MidnightRide
      MidnightRide commented
      Editing a comment
      Just about could have used that in the 50's diner challenge as well!

• MikeyC
      MikeyC commented
      Editing a comment
      That’s nice. Thanks for sharing. Where is this place? By the way. I stopping in Ringling MT next week to see where Jimmy Buffet signed the bar

• Ironman
      Ironman commented
      Editing a comment
      Lafayette, IN
      https://igloofrozencustard.com/our-story

• I know where there is one in the neighboring town if it last that long. Star pump service
    It's not that life is so short, it's just that you're dead for so long.---unknown.

Comment

• MidnightRide
      MidnightRide commented
      Editing a comment
      I'll be sleeping in so you'll have that, if nothing else... The Western Star is just down the road, "Where Bigfoot comes to drink". :-D

• MikeyC
      MikeyC commented
      Editing a comment
      Get a pic of bigfoot while you’re there

• MidnightRide
      MidnightRide commented
      Editing a comment
      I went down and took the pic and forgot to take a shot of the Bigfoot sign. I'll have to go back now!

• OK guys, now you made me do it. It was dusk-esque but I figured I'd bear the bugs and take the ride 1 mile along the river into the next town, called Metaline, and get a shot of the place. Woman came out to greet me, for some odd reason, as I was parking, helmet on, and she was telling me she was closed and only feeding firefighters right now. Told her I was just there for a pic, LOL. She was like, 'Huh?', and just walked back inside.

So glad I decided to take the ride, as short as it was. After this I cruised the small town a bit, along the riverfront, and then back to the house before darkness fell. Just getting out to ride, for any reason, is a good thing. I just don't get enough riding in. I kept this one simple, literally a minute from the driveway, and so nice just to roll the throttle on as I entered the open highway while climbing the curving hill away from the river bridge leaving town. Starfest NW guys remember the bridge.

Click image for larger version  Name:	20220820_193225 (2).jpg Views:	0 Size:	1,005.0 KB ID:	147747

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
      Mr. Miyagi commented
      Editing a comment
      Nice "star" photo. I was out running the roads doing M.O. stuffs and just made it home. I left a meeting just north of Houston and had a couple of hours of dark wet roads to slow me down. It's nice to make it home to a warm dry bed!

• Next challenge?

In honor of hot weather and summertime, a woman in a skimpy bikini actually TOUCHING your bike. Must be of adult age.

A woman is defined as the female of the breed, having two ovaries and comprised of X chromosomes rather than Y.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Bikini Bike 2.jpg Views:	1 Size:	46.8 KB ID:	147749

Click image for larger version  Name:	Bikini Bike 3.jpg Views:	1 Size:	36.4 KB ID:	147750

Click image for larger version  Name:	Bikini Bike.jpg Views:	1 Size:	88.2 KB ID:	147751

Name:	Bikini Stand Bike.gif
Views:	113
Size:	980.9 KB
ID:	147754

Click image for larger version  Name:	sexy-bikini-bike-wash-girl-fail.gif Views:	1 Size:	2.93 MB ID:	147752

Comment

• MidnightRide
      MidnightRide commented
      Editing a comment
      In the last one, If it's your bike, are you more concerned about the girl or the bike?

• Father Pobasturd
      Father Pobasturd commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm sure she meant well.

• I would be more concerned about the girl. That looks like it hurt

Comment

• MidnightRide
      MidnightRide commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah you kind of want to see the aftermath. But if I just dropped in for a random charity-benefit bike wash or something, and saw that happen to my bike, well...

Check the girl, then check the bike. Then check the insurance policy of the organizers!

• That second chick is dog ugly! At least a single bagger if not two!

Comment

• MikeyC
      MikeyC commented
      Editing a comment
      Lmao!

• Mr. Miyagi
      Mr. Miyagi commented
      Editing a comment
      I am glad that he didn't make the challenge a beautiful woman in a bikini touching your bike, she might have been only beautiful on the inside or something.

• MikeyC
      MikeyC commented
      Editing a comment
      Hmmm? Would there be extra points depending on “how” or “where” she touched your bike? (Devil horns)

• I been riding and looking, but I haven't seen a woman in a bikini to even ask if she would allow me to take a photo of her touching my bike.

Comment

• I’ve seen a few. Just not able to hit them up at the time

Comment

• roadiemort
        roadiemort commented
        Editing a comment
        Go to the strip club, $20 get you a picture.

• MikeyC
        MikeyC commented
        Editing a comment
        Lol. We were by a lake yesterday. My wife was not amused. I may have to wait to get this one on my own

• Originally posted by Mr. Miyagi View Post
      I been riding and looking, but I haven't seen a woman in a bikini to even ask if she would allow me to take a photo of her touching my bike.
      You guys need to think beach, water, lake, river, neighborhood swimming pool, or a friend you can coax into doing the pic with you. Anywhere someone may be cooling down, or even a radio station promo going on somewhere, or one of those bikini car washes, or a bikini coffee shop.

Where else do people sun bathe?

LOL that people are riding around looking for random women in bikini's!

Comment

• Originally posted by MidnightRide View Post

You guys need to think beach, water, lake, river, neighborhood swimming pool, or a friend you can coax into doing the pic with you. Anywhere someone may be cooling down, or even a radio station promo going on somewhere, or one of those bikini car washes, or a bikini coffee shop.

Where else do people sun bathe?

LOL that people are riding around looking for random women in bikini's!

OK this is going to run through the weekend, and then we'll modify the challenge since it's starting to get into the 30's at night around here.

Hell, in my neighborhood, I could knock on one of my neighbor's doors and ask them to suit-up for the pic, and they'd laugh every bit of the way! Some of them aren't much to look at, however...

Comment

• Been keeping my eye out I’ll be in a car all week end though

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
            Mr. Miyagi commented
            Editing a comment
            I have been keeping my eye out also but I have not seen anything. I don't want to get too distracted while riding and I am a long way from the Gulf coast and the pretty lakes in Arkansas are around a 100 miles away. I just don't frequent places with women swimming or laying out in bikinis.

• MidnightRide
            MidnightRide commented
            Editing a comment
            Keeping your eye out for women in bikini's more than you NORMALLY keep your eye out, or something special on this one? Hehehehehe...

• OK I was heading home from the cabin last night and remembered it was time to cancel the bikini challenge and save it for next summer...

New challenge, one of those lighted or neon beer signs that you see hanging in front of a bar or pool hall. Can't be in your man cave! ANYTHING BUT BUDWEISER (too common). The more unique the better. Extra points for several in the pic rather than just a single.

This should be an easy one and trigger a race to a local establishment!

Comment

• Hey! I like it. I did end up on the bike all week end but it was cool and no bikinis i road around a couple of cold mountain lakes and down the coast

Comment

• I was out on the bike this past weekend, Southeast Oklahoma and Northeast Texas all the way over into Dallas and didn't see anything in any kind of a swimsuit.

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeyC View Post
                Hey! I like it. I did end up on the bike all week end but it was cool and no bikinis i road around a couple of cold mountain lakes and down the coast
                I was going to make that Lolo Canyon ride in Idaho on Sunday and Monday, but canceled due to a wildfire threatening my brother's town near Index, WA, west of me. (Bolt Creek Fire). The winds have changed so they're safe for now, but I'm glad I waited on the ride because I would have hit rain on the way home, completely non-forecasted by the weather experts... We've got fires all around us near the Starfest motel site and rides right now.

LOL I could have won this challenge with the pic I used for the 'Star' sign challenge above.​

Comment

• Time for a little bump just in case some missed the update (check above).

At least I didn't do a woman in a bikini touching your bike in front of some beer signs!

Comment

• Brad_G
                    Brad_G commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Thanks for the reminder! I have a spot planned that I think should work on my way home.

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by Twinkles, 5 days ago
                19 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post Twinkles  
                Started by JHouse, 5 days ago
                17 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post dbtk44
                by dbtk44