• Show
Clear All

• Click image for larger version

Name:	Road Star Frankfort Mural.jpg
Views:	113
Size:	1.25 MB
ID:	146190

Comment

• I can't believe this thread is over 3 years old. That's gotta be some kind of record.

Comment

• MidnightRide
      MidnightRide commented
      Editing a comment
      The life blood of this thread is the love of riding our bikes to begin with, especially now in good weather! Gives us an excuse to jump on and head out for a short (or LONG) ride, when we otherwise might not have. Good thread!

• Brad_G
      Brad_G commented
      Editing a comment
      Not sure about a record,, but I love to see it continue. It gives us a chance to converse a bit when we're not asking how to fix/modify something. It's almost like a meet -n- greet without the face to face interaction.

• Next up: in honor of Father Pobasturd and his 3 year old thread: your bike with something/someone 3 years old. Grandchild, pet, beard...

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
      Mr. Miyagi commented
      Editing a comment
      I have an idea but I have to figure out how to take the picture.

• MidnightRide
      MidnightRide commented
      Editing a comment
      Like a fine wine....

• Photo of my wearing 2019 T-shirt and sitting on bike and then better photo of T-shirt. That didn't exactly do what I wanted it to do. Oh well, does this work?
    Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_7394.jpg Views:	0 Size:	3.09 MB ID:	146226
    Attached Files

Comment

• Ironman
      Ironman commented
      Editing a comment
      That'll do. What's next?

• MikeyC
      MikeyC commented
      Editing a comment
      Lol. Good job

• What about a photo in front of a small coffee shop that is not a chain. That should be easy enough. I don't want to cause someone to have to burn too much of that expensive gasoline!

Comment

• Brad_G
      Brad_G commented
      Editing a comment
      It's too bad we can't give a "like" to comments. I'd give one to Kmartcivic.

• MidnightRide
      MidnightRide commented
      Editing a comment
      Coffee shop, as in go in and sit down, or does a drive-thru count? :-)

Cool shirt, BTW!

• Mr. Miyagi
      Mr. Miyagi commented
      Editing a comment
      thanks, yes let's limit it to sit down shops.

• I have a several little coffee shops scoped out within a tank of fuel distance. I think it might be harder than I thought and the wrong kind of weather to be drinking coffee. I like a cup of cappuccino double expresso. Nice smooth taste with a little kick. Surely someone likes a cup of coffee?

Comment

• Brad_G
      Brad_G commented
      Editing a comment
      These things often have a couple targets completed in a short span and then drop off for a while. I think it's a good target. I was out riding a bit yesterday and to be honest I'd forgotten what the challenge was. I go by one on my way to work that I'm almost certain isn't a chain. I'll try to remember to stop by after work and get a pic.

Name:	IMG_7428.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	4.06 MB
ID:	146488
    I went to a large coffee shop over an hour away from home this morning. I don't think it would qualify because it's not a small shop. I took a photo anyway since I was there. I figured I had better get out of town before I messed up more. I tried to park around the corner but there is a fire hydrant there so I rode around the corner where there was a camera and signs saying that you had to pay with an app to park. So I took the photo and left only to realize it was a one way street and I was going the wrong way, thank God it's not a busy street. It's Rhino Coffee in Shreveport, LA

Comment

• I too had forgotten to look, I'll be looking now
      It's not that life is so short, it's just that you're dead for so long.---unknown.

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi thanks for the reminder of the target. This used to be someones house several years ago. It had been remodeled as a commercial storefront and this coffee shop moved in a couple years ago. Didn't know if it would make it there but it's always busy. Helps it's the only one around outside the Starbucks inside the grocery store where I was parked.

If this completes the challenge. Since we're approaching fall and football season. You're bike in front of a football stadium/filed. Bonus points if the goal posts are in the pic as well.

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
          Mr. Miyagi commented
          Editing a comment
          There's actually a coffee shop close to where I live that is similar. It's an old house that has been remodeled to be a coffee shop. It makes a good cappuccino. There was an old woman who lived there many years ago who was a world traveler. She was known to collect things from all over the world and bring them back to this little one horse town.

• That looks good to me. So now in front of a football stadium you say. Filled with people?

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
          Mr. Miyagi commented
          Editing a comment
          I am trying to make sure I have Brad's challenge correct.

• Brad_G
          Brad_G commented
          Editing a comment
          Mr. Miyagi people aren't necessary (although that would be a double bonus!).

• MikeyC
          MikeyC commented
          Editing a comment
          I see. It was suppose to say “ stadium/field “ the “e” slipped

Name:	8798EBA7-6ED0-439A-8AFE-1B22D1FA3EB0.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	123.2 KB
ID:	146583 How is this? The stands back there say Heath Stadium.
        It's not that life is so short, it's just that you're dead for so long.---unknown.

Comment

• Brad_G
          Brad_G commented
          Editing a comment
          Nice work MikeyC, good to see you back in the scavenger hunt! What's next?

• Mr. Miyagi
          Mr. Miyagi commented
          Editing a comment
          Noice and it has the goal post included. What is the next challenge?

• Right side up for you.

Comment

• MikeyC
          MikeyC commented
          Editing a comment
          lol, thank you yeah, mine always turn sideways when I post them. Can't figure out how to rotate them back.

• roadiemort
          roadiemort commented
          Editing a comment
          Turn your phone vertical for the shot is all.

• MikeyC
          MikeyC commented
          Editing a comment
          That is vertical. Maybe i need to lay it sideways for the shot

• For next challenge How bout your bike with a piece of big farm equipment. A combine or one of those giant tractors. Not like my little Mitsubishi or Massy Fergason

Comment

• MidnightRide
          MidnightRide commented
          Editing a comment
          Ha! Our hometown's in the center of wheat country, but we're up at the cabin in Metaline Falls! Does this mean I have to ride home just to shoot this? And we DO have GIANT pieces of machinery.

I think one of the Midwest guys will have this one.

Congrats, and good challenge!

• Brad_G
          Brad_G commented
          Editing a comment
          Well that would be pretty easy for me being in corn country. Question, should this be out in the field or on a farm? I can drive by the implement dealer and park next to the biggest one they have. But that seems a bit like I'm cheating.

• The biggest one they have might be cool. I think the dealer would be fine

Comment

• We have some corn here also but I was out at the store trying to walk behind a shopping cart and wondering if I was going to make it back out of the store today. Just trying to get my leg stronger...

Comment

• MikeyC
            MikeyC commented
            Editing a comment
            Keep working at it Mr Miyagi. It gets better. I’m nursing a hurt foot from an oops a couple weeks ago but its fine to ride just hard to walk

• Mr. Miyagi
            Mr. Miyagi commented
            Editing a comment
            That's where I am at, my leg has not been straight for 7 months and I lost a lot of muscle mass. The hardest thing to do is putting the kickstand down at the end of the ride. It's easier to ride than to drive the standard transmission in my Ranger.I push a toolbox around at work and I think pushing a shopping cart will help me build up usable muscle. I am just thankful I can walk right now.

• So I was on my way home from the cabin so I could work on and pick up my Jeep....

I was literally riding and there it was, so I pulled off to get a pic. Got off my bike, looked behind me, and in pulls this farmer, probably wondering what the hell I was doing! Didn't even pull my helmet off, pulled out my phone, took the pic, and off I went. I'm sure the guy in the truck, now behind the tractor, was thinking, "Damned city folk!"

As I got closer to home, off in the fields were some combines, actually harvesting wheat. Too far off for a good pic but it would have 'qualified'.

Maybe later--

Next challenge? Find a 50's style diner or burger joint. Extra points if you can set a burger on top of your seat!

Click image for larger version

Name:	20220806_161321.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	2.02 MB
ID:	146773

Comment

• Have we already done a 50's diner? If so, LMK and I'll come up with something else! I came up with that idea because we have a 50's burger joint that I roll past as I come into town.

Comment

• MikeyC
              MikeyC commented
              Editing a comment
              Hey, sounds like a good challenge! It's really hard to find something we haven't done Looking for a 50's diner!

• Originally posted by MidnightRide View Post
            Have we already done a 50's diner? If so, LMK and I'll come up with something else! I came up with that idea because we have a 50's burger joint that I roll past as I come into town.
            So what are you hoping to see? When I think of that I think of those old chrome like buildings that look like an oversized Airstream trailer. I know where one is in Fargo but that's 9 hrs away. Might be able to find an old Mom & Pop type joint but just figured I'd ask. Sounds like a good challenge though.

Comment

• That is what I think of also, but I think the closest one I have seen in the last 10 years is about 5 hours away.

Comment

• I know this target has already been found, but I just wanted to get a couple up close pics for perspective for MikeyC

Comment

• MidnightRide
                  MidnightRide commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Yeah that's more along the lines of BIG stuff! Like we have rolling around in the fields right now around town.

• MikeyC
                  MikeyC commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Thats big. They sure look big coming toward you on the back roads

• Brad_G
                  Brad_G commented
                  Editing a comment
                  MikeyC yeah meeting them on the road is an adventure. They take up 2/3 of the average road. Some smaller back roads they barely fit.

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by Twinkles, 5 days ago
              19 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post Twinkles  
              Started by JHouse, 5 days ago
              17 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post dbtk44
              by dbtk44