Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MikeyC
    commented on 's reply
    Bummer, but believe it or not, some things are more important than riding.

• Nwrodie
    commented on 's reply
    would love to Mike, but I work on Saturdays....

• 75kona
    replied
    Click image for larger version

Name:	FB_IMG_1548431779420.jpg
Views:	248
Size:	233.0 KB
ID:	55651

We should all get a group picture with the sign! There will be plenty of room. This photo was taken a few years ago on a trip.

Leave a comment:

• MikeyC
    replied
    Aww, going to miss you Randy but our parents are important. I'll be going thru Saint Helens Saturday on a run to have lunch with Steve and his group if you want to come along. Going up to Elma for lunch and then shoot home. Should be going thru St Helens about 9am.

Leave a comment:

• Jaybo
    replied
    You will be missed, Again, Randy. Who knows where we will end up next year You re going to miss out on an epic bucket list road though! I'm so Psyched to do this on a bike! I did it 10 or so years ago pulling a 35' toy hauler and still remember it. A bike will be so much more badass! Did I mention they repaved it? 99 miles of curves in incredibly scenic mountains? Fresh pavement... awesome company... Hotel that caters to bikers... such a tragedy you can't make it

Leave a comment:

• Shores
    replied
    You’re doing the right thing Randy. We’ll miss you. Hopefully you can make it to Astoria or Amboy this summer. I’ll be posting them on the Capital Cruisers meetup.

Leave a comment:

• Nwrodie
    replied
    I have already chatted with Jay, but for the rest of the NW group, I won't be able to make this trip this year either, I'm taking care of my 80 year old mom, and can't be that far away from home. The good new's, for me anyways, I'm getting my bike all setup for two up riding, my wife has decided that it would be a lot more enjoyable to go with me on the bike, rather than stay home with the cat, already have her an ED Pax Seat, next will be a tour trunk, with back rest. Going to get it all set up this year, do some short weekend rides with her, hoping for a big trip here in the near future. Hopefully, 2020 NWSF will be a little closer to the I-5 area.

Leave a comment:

• MikeyC
    replied
    Lol Zing, and really a nice write up LD.

Leave a comment:

• zingpow
    replied
    i plan on drinking heavily and ingesting all the hard drugs i can get my hands on...i get plenty of cardio exercise while running from the authorities either in the act of these endeavors or during the procurement process...my flex instructor, zelda the human snake from barnum & bailey fame is advising me on my riding posture and endurance...if what my wife says is true and i'm "rotten to the core" i can skip that part of the program as a waste of time...zing burp fizz bang pow...

Leave a comment:

• zingpow
    commented on 's reply
    thanks shores, that was one of the first things that ran through my head...driving out and towing the cbr out is also in there...zp...

• highvoltage
    replied
    Excellent writing.

Leave a comment:

• LDofDC
    replied
    Much has been written about preparing a rider’s motorcycle for touring, but relatively little is ever said about preparing a rider’s body for long motorcycle rides. As all serious riders know, it takes much more mental focus and physical stamina to ride a motorcycle all day long than it does to tour in a car.

When a body becomes fatigued, reaction times lengthen, agility suffers, and the ability to make quick decisions in challenging riding situations can be seriously degraded. A physical conditioning regimen can prepare your body for touring, which include many dimensions, but should have at least three main areas of focus: flexibility, endurance, and core strengthening.

Getting and Staying Flexible: Lack of flexibility in the body can result in physical problems and general discomfort. For motorcycle riders, the most important areas to stretch are the back, neck, thighs, and hamstrings to reduce risk of pain or injury. Although numerous books and videos on stretching are available, there are a few important things to keep in mind, particularly if you’re just beginning a stretching program: Warm up with aerobic activity, do not overstretch, be consistent, and stay committed.

Increasing Endurance: Aerobic, cardiovascular exercises are an excellent way of increasing a motorcyclist’s endurance and alertness for a long ride. Some of the best aerobic exercises include: walking, swimming, running, and bicycling.

Gaining and Maintaining Core Body Strength: Many of us equate physical conditioning with the bulging muscles of a body builder. Instead, our main focus should be on building what’s called core body strength. The abdominal muscles originate motion and keep your body stabilized and balanced, which are fundamental to riding a motorcycle. View examples from the Mayo Clinc.

Getting your body in shape to ride long distances not only makes your touring trips more enjoyable, it also makes your everyday life healthier and more pleasurable as well. What are you waiting for?

Leave a comment:

• Shores
    replied
    Originally posted by zingpow View Post
    Looking at options to stay in the game...
    Maybe riding the final leg of the trip with Lyndon (LDofDC) from Nebraska would ease your trip.

Leave a comment:

• Jaybo
    replied
    Originally posted by MikeyC View Post
    That makes me want to leave now. Can't wait to be there.
    especially since it is all newly paved!

Leave a comment:

• MikeyC
    commented on 's reply
    Hoping to see you there, good luck, that is quite a ways to go for a BBQ.

• zingpow
    commented on 's reply
    Looking at options to stay in the game...

• Tykes_Place
    replied
    Here's my ride. Has it been almost 7 years already??

Leave a comment:

• MikeyC
    replied
    That makes me want to leave now. Can't wait to be there.

Leave a comment:

• LDofDC
    replied

Leave a comment:

• MikeyC
    replied
    Aw, come on Zing, 4K is just a week in the life. My wife and I do that 2 up.

Leave a comment:

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
Started by Father Pobasturd, 5 hours ago
13 responses
0 likes
Last Post Bones
by Bones

Started by toms03se, 1 day ago
4 responses
0 likes