Found it!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Deerkiller View Post
    Bring it down to the Smokies this year my man. Looks like Grant and I will be at the campground but others will still be at Lloyd’s. You know we know how to ride and party and ride and party...
    Much better at the party part!

Comment

Originally posted by Doc_V View Post
      That is a beaut! I'm with D-Fresh, definitely a would-be Indian owner here. I didn't know they had TPSMs, that's actually a really nice thing to have on a bike. And the PCVX, that's seriously cool right there. So do you automatically get the updates when you buy one, or do you have to pay extra for them? Dig the license plate too!
      Depends on where you get it from. Fuelmoto has some presets from testing they have already done. If you make a change you email them and they send you a new map. However the unit regardless of where you buy it from gets paired to the bike and you have to pay for a separate license to use it on another bike. Now with fuel moto if you get above things they have tested for an extra 125 they will take reading from you bike and custom make you a map going back and forth till it's right for around 20 days.

Comment

• Doc_V
        Doc_V commented
        Editing a comment
        I read a post on the Indian forum and the guy said [Criag?] remapped his bike from scratch in about 20 mins, on a weekend. Gotta love that kind of service. So how would you compare it to your R* with the new mapping? I rode the Chieftain Classic last summer, and while I was smooth and pulled good in the upper range, it wasn't as snappy as my R*. Would be nice to know if all you need is a new map to resolve that.

Yeah Doc its a bit snappier then stock. I think the Roadstar still has a tad more jump from a standstill but the torque band on the Indian hits at higher RPM's so while you might notice more jump at a light even the stock map was much stronger at high speeds. As an example on my way home from picking it up in Atlanta I passed a tractor trailer, I never linger around them because of the chance of a tire blowing out on them. As I gunned it in 6th gear at 70 the pull was much much stronger then the Roadstar in 5th. I havent had it on the highway with the new load yet because Mother nature has been on crack around here lately and riding time has been limited.

As for things like the TPMS yeah thats a huge deal I never though would be. You can change the display on the dash to show a handful of different things and I leave mine displaying the TPMS, the gear im in, my Ipod info (song and artist), and DTE. You can change it to display battery info and a few other things but I have it set with what I think is the most useful. Other things on the bike I real dig that I didnt think would be so cool. The windscreen. The fact that it can be raised and lowered I thought was a gimmick. However on my ride home picking it up I ran into a little rain. I wear eye glasses and have a half helmet with a drop down visor. When it rains I will ride until my visor is full of water then push it up and ride until I cant see well out of my glasses then will pull over. Well as soon as it started to rain I raised the windshield all the way up and with it being a re-curve I didnt get a drop of rain on my helmet visor. Also on the interstate having it all the way up really reduces helmet buffeting to almost none. I also never thought cruise control on a bike was worth it, man I was wrong. It was so nice to be able to turn the cruise on and give my right hand a little time hanging. the keyfob entry I am a little torn on because mine fell out of my pocket after having the bike a few months and it cost me a total of about $150.00 to get it replaced and reprogrammed. The bike has a pin code in it though so you can start it without the fob. However the locking bags from the keyfod is awesome.

Comment

How about accessories? The prices *Indian* charges for simple stuff is absolutely *outrageous*. Like 3-5 times the normal cost for things. I know the
        R* has it's issues with availability of aftermarket items compared to HD, but Indian is in a league of their own. Please tell me there are reasonably priced aftermarket options.

These are pretty much a given upgrades for most any bike:
        $500 for an air cleaner?????
        $900 for slip-ons??? ($700 for the actual muffler and **$200** for tips????!!!)
        $545 for a rider's back rest?????
        $970 for sissybar with pad and luggage rack??????????
        $290 for passenger floorboards.

Comment

• YZ18
          YZ18 commented
          Editing a comment
          I wonder how those parts and prices compare for the new Venture/ Eluder?

• Doc_V
          Doc_V commented
          Editing a comment
          Good question.

Originally posted by Doc_V View Post
        How about accessories? The prices *Indian* charges for simple stuff is absolutely *outrageous*. Like 3-5 times the normal cost for things. I know the
        R* has it's issues with availability of aftermarket items compared to HD, but Indian is in a league of their own. Please tell me there are reasonably priced aftermarket options.

These are pretty much a given upgrades for most any bike:
        $500 for an air cleaner?????
        $900 for slip-ons??? ($700 for the actual muffler and **$200** for tips????!!!)
        $545 for a rider's back rest?????
        $970 for sissybar with pad and luggage rack??????????
        $290 for passenger floorboards.
        There are some aftermarket but most of those are high end aftermarket. Very little knock offs out there right now. For the same style parts you are pretty close to those from Kuryakyn, and the other aftermarket co.s. I got my backrest from Grasshopper for $125. Pipes are pipes and many of the same common companies make them for the same prices as other brands $400-$600 for slipons. I am considering American Customs for pipes they redo the stock pipes for $199.00. Whimmer has the best aircleaner prices at $350. But yeah just like HD the branded stuff is priced dumb.

Comment

Well hopefully when I buy my used 2019+ in a few years, I'll find one with all the goodies already on. That's the nice thing about buying used.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by Blackbeard, 11 hours ago
          2 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post Blackbeard  
          Started by estrom, 4 days ago
          4 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post Baxter85