Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EnergyGuy
    commented on 's reply
    I changed to a Victory 2 piece riser with my 12's. The bolt is slightly smaller on the Victory (I figured about 1mm), so I just wrapped it a couple of times with black tape. It snugged it up enough that between it and being pinched inside the bushing sleeve, it shouldn't ever wear out..

• Blackbeard
    replied
    I have Roadhouse Duals on it.

Leave a comment:

• Blackcloud12
    commented on 's reply
    Whose duals do you have on there?

• Blackbeard
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks. Mine is a 2004. I liked the color combo too. It's funny, I had a 1998 Honda Shadow Spirit 1100 before this and I loved that bike, but I didn't feel like there was much to do to it. I wanted a bike that I could modify and play with. I feel like I have done a ton to this one in a few years. She isn't perfect, but I'm enjoying getting to know her better every day. I'm starting to accumulate quite a few parts as I do it though. Ha! I'm really loving your LED swap.

• Hank1988
    commented on 's reply
    Sweet ride! I like the color combo what year is your bike? I bought my 14s on meancycles loving the no sales tax... it slipped my mind to check them out to see what they have. Thanks

• Blackbeard
    replied
    I commented in the field above, but could find a way to attach a photo. Here is the dual tourer and the Frisco Bars. Click image for larger version

Name:	20181230_115939[1].jpg
Views:	196
Size:	5.64 MB
ID:	116052

Leave a comment:

• Blackbeard
    commented on 's reply
    I'm using a Dual Tourer with the removable backrest. I prefer my solo seat, but the dual tourer tends to stay on the bike so my kids can ride with me. There are companies out there, like Mean City Cycles, who can modify your seat for a fraction of the cost of a new seat. They have all sorts of packages available. There were some other places listed on some other posts that looked pretty awesome too.

I failed to mention that I installed 16" Frisco Bars on the bike and it already had pull-back risers, so the combo is equivalent to an 18" bar. That gives me more room too.

• Hank1988
    commented on 's reply
    I'm completely fine with the factory bushings also. Just picking peoples brains. If anything the factory rubber bushings should absorb some of the vibration.

• coreys1982
    commented on 's reply
    I have 18" bars on mine did not change the bushings still factory I have a little play but not to bad.

• Hank1988
    replied
    For you guys that has installed apes on your bikes. What bushing did you use or did you keep the factory bushings. I installed my 14s and I'm currently using the factory ones. Not a big deal but I almost feel like I could snap my bars with the play.

Leave a comment:

• Hank1988
    commented on 's reply
    I'll definitely have to do some research on seats. Because I don't want to shell out 6-700 on a seat and be in the same boat.

• roadiemort
    replied
    Originally posted by Blackcloud12 View Post
    The Corbin Solo seat isn't around anymore.They only have the Stinger and Dual Tour.
    I recently did the whole seat swap on mine. You're right on the Mustang- it's cramped. I tried the Big Ed Tour seat and the Big Ed standard seat back to back. I much preferred the feel of the original; I didn't feel that the lack of feel was worth the .75" of room I gained. That said- I appear to be in the minority on that opinion.
    It is not so much the 3/4" but the ability to change position ON the seat vs sitting in the saddle so to speak for me anyway, all asses are not created equal and is why seats are a personal item.Have no clue what my ass will tell me now since my wreck as it got wrecked lol.

Leave a comment:

• Blackcloud12
    replied
    The Corbin Solo seat isn't around anymore.They only have the Stinger and Dual Tour.
    I recently did the whole seat swap on mine. You're right on the Mustang- it's cramped. I tried the Big Ed Tour seat and the Big Ed standard seat back to back. I much preferred the feel of the original; I didn't feel that the lack of feel was worth the .75" of room I gained. That said- I appear to be in the minority on that opinion.

Leave a comment:

• Hank1988
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks I'll do some research on the Corbin seat. What model is it?

• Blackbeard
    replied
    Welcome to the clinic. I have a Corbin seat and it fits well. I'm 6'2" and I feel like I have good room on the bike. I'm diggin' the led lights!

Leave a comment:

• Hank1988
    commented on 's reply
    Yeah I've installed a engine guard also installed some nice highway pegs. The highway pegs allow me to stretch out but I'm more in the market of possible seat that will give me a little extra room. The mustang seat is very comfortable but it pushes me closer to the tank.

• Brad_G
    commented on 's reply
    Depending on whether you have an engine guard, another option my be to move the floorboards forward. There have been some threads here in the past of guys doing that as an option.

• Hank1988
    replied
    Anyone have any recommendations on seats for tall guys. I'm 6'4 and i bought a mustang seat but I feel a little cramped. I've heard ed big touring is a great seat for tall guys. Whats some recommendations you guys have?

Leave a comment:

• Hank1988
    commented on 's reply
    They are a game changer for real.

• JBones
    replied
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/B013HJ1A4A...ing=UTF8&psc=1

Heres another link for the gauege bulbs. These fit with no mods. The R* uses T3 nano LEDs.

Leave a comment:

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
Started by MikeyC, 01-11-2021, 12:44 PM
13 responses
1 like
Last Post YamaDave  
Started by Roadstarkazoo, 2 days ago
5 responses
0 likes
Last Post mlharper