No sense of humor those guys.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No sense of humor those guys.

So, I joined this Honda Ridgeline worship group since I bought one. I made a statement on here that I was gonna go see how long it would take for me to piss someone off over there, or something to that effect. I was joking when I said that, but, apparently, those guys over there have no sense of humor at all. All I did was ask a legit question about how to operate the dual climate zone bullshit, and some smug shitbird pops off about how I could find what I needed if I used the search engine and "dug around" a little bit. So, I politely explained I was new to the site and unfamiliar with all it's features yet. Once again he comes back with the "dig around" comment(s). All I said then was something like how his Mom asked me to do the same thing, but I couldn't find what I was looking for there either, I dunno, something along those lines. Anyway, later, I get a poison pen e-mail from one of the mods, admonishing my behavior. I'm thinking, what? That was conservative. The guy was needling me, he pushed, I pushed back. I wasn't violent or vulgar, just a bit more cleaver than he was. It shut him up, but now I have 1 strike against me there, and I still don't know how to work the dual climate control. I see the same old questions asked here a hundred times, and seldom does anyone bitch about it. I guess that's what separates the RSC from all the rest.

I know the feeling. I posted a question on a Harley forum about a 120 ci non Harley engine in a Harley Softail. Wrote a rant, a short story about ripping around on a bike in my usual good-natured fun story way of describing an adventure. I thought they would be amused by a zany fun story. Those guys must eat glass for breakfast. A bunch of whiney really negative, self-righteous condescending pricks. They were on me like a bad smell in an outhouse. How dare I put a non-Harley part in a Harley and defile the sacred beast!

The fact I mentioned I rode a Yamaha Road Star did not help... I think. Nonetheless... a year passes and I find another Harley with an Ultima engine and ask a question. I got flamed faster than a hot dog at a BBQ at a weight watchers convention. Some guys mentioned I was the same guy asking questions the year prior and could not try harder to make me feel unwelcomed. They seem to self troll themselves and enjoy disrespect. or they get drunk and post not understanding what they just read.

I find in forums.. for the most part, people hate anything different outside their box. if you ain't got what they got or say it the way they want it said, basic manners go out the door. I lost my desire to write any stories or experiences due to being put down unnecessarily. I'll stick to the technical stuff and keep it simple. Going on a forum is like the wild west where anything goes, but always someone who wants to take a shot at you.

Comment

MODS, FPB above has hurt my widdle feewings and I want him censured!!! I LOVE this place, and most of you guys!

Comment

• Father Pobasturd
        Father Pobasturd commented
        Editing a comment
        Don't start on me Q.C., I love you man. I know you are needling me.

• Questcap
        Questcap commented
        Editing a comment
        Who... Me???

I have to say thank you for answering my same old questions. I have old eyes and reading this print is not easy. Searching through pages of text I can't do. so thanks. I don't have facebook or any of that stuff for that reason. You can't hear the tone of their voice see the face so it is easy to misjudge what is being said. Sarcasm dosn't work well on these platforms if you can't see them.

Comment

I don't do Facebook either Brian or any other "social media". This is as close as I get to that. I grew up reading "MAD" magazine, so I excel in printed sarcasm. I have been here 6+ years now, and seen dozens of FNG's ask what oil to use, and they always get answers, they don't get drummed down for not using the search engine. We all know the search engine is the epitome of ambiguity anyway. It's pure luck if you ever find what your'e searching for. Key words unlock a million different doors, it's just the nature of the beast. A search engine will never replace good old fashioned humanity, and that's what you find on the RSC.

Comment

All I said then was something like how his Mom asked me to do the same thing, but I couldn't find what I was looking for there either, I dunno, something along those lines.

I gotta laugh..FPB. I know the whole world has gone PC crazy lately, but his Mom? You got stones Brother.

Comment

• Brad_G
            Brad_G commented
            Editing a comment
            I too about spit my coffee out when I read that. But being FPB, I kind of figured it was just how he rolls.

You know, I have never went "there" here on the RSC, never felt the need to. The guy was going out of his way to try to make me sound stupid, and I just can't abide that. I can't remember how many fights I ended up in school from doing that. Lost a good bit of them too. Something about going after a guy's Mom that really pisses them off sometimes.

Comment

LMAO. You are a funny man FP.

Comment

What was your climate control question, maybe we can help?

Comment

2009 model.

The automatic climate control
                system in your vehicle picks the
                proper combination of air
                conditioning, heating, and ventilation
                to maintain the interior temperature
                you select. The system also adjusts
                the fan speed and airflow levels.
                Press the Auto button on the front
                control panel. You will see AUTO
                in the system display.
                Adjust the temperature for the
                driver’s and passenger’s side
                separately, using the desired
                temperature control dial.
                The passenger’s side temperature
                setting does not synchronize to the
                driver’s side at any time except when
                the system is in the defroster mode.

Bookmark

Comment

• roadiemort
                  roadiemort commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Hope my search is helpful.

• Father Pobasturd
                  Editing a comment
                  Thank you Mort, I got all that, but somehow there's a way to toggle from controlling the left side temperature from the right side temperature. Right now it's on the right (passenger) side and I can't get it to go over to the driver's side. There's a little arrow that points to which side it's controlling, that and the fact that the numbers are changing on that side. BTW it's a 2006 RTS if that makes any difference. I think the "S" is for special, like Special Ed, which is how I feel trying to figure this damn thing out. There's only 1 temp control dial, so it's not a matter of using the desired dial, it's a matter of getting the dial to indicate it's controlling the other side. I guess I shouldn't bitch, if you just hit Auto it works great, it's just my wife likes it warmer on her side. We went out this past weekend and did some light 4 -wheeling, and I do mean light 'cause my wife freaks out at the slightest little lean angle or steep grade. It was her idea, she had never really done it and I guess some people she works with have a Jeep or some shit and go 4 wheeling all the time. I had a Suzuki Samurai a long time ago, it was beat to shit and would only go about 60 mph, but it was one tough little bastard I gotta give it that. Bought it for $500 and pounded it a couple years, then sold it on Ebay for $800, guy came all the way from Cali to drag it home. Good times.

This was a funny story PB.

The first line, I went onto a forum.....I too said to myself Oh boy, this is going to be good, are they ready for him? And in classic PB style the answer is a resounding NOPE!

You have a way of saying things I would never say, let alone even think to say.

Comment

• Father Pobasturd
                  Editing a comment
                  Why thank you TWTH. I is college edjumucated juss fo diss.

Here is your owners manual.http://techinfo.honda.com/rjanisis/p...u/jc0606om.pdf

Comment

• roadiemort
                  roadiemort commented
                  Editing a comment
                  There are manuals for what ever was ever made online, your welcome.

• midnitmike
                  midnitmike commented
                  Editing a comment
                  So, is there one dial or two? I'm confused.

• Father Pobasturd
                  Editing a comment
                  There's 2 dials

I'm stunned FB. Your the last person I would have thought would have a problem on other forums.

Comment

• Father Pobasturd
                  Editing a comment
                  Yea, me too, I'm , like, Mr. fucking amiable over here, y'know. What gives? Amiable and convivial. Some people don't know a real gem even when it bites them in the ass.

• midnitmike
                  midnitmike commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Hey, when I first came on here FPB was still kicking ass and taking names...unlike his prior experience at school. I think he's just mellowed out a little bit cause he knows nothing he says will surprise us any more.

• Father Pobasturd
                  Editing a comment
                  Oh, you missed my first couple years Mike...that was the prime stuff. Once I got ordained I mellowed considerably.

When they give you flak like that, just post up the OG honda ad.Click image for larger version

Name:	honda ad 2.jpg
Views:	128
Size:	50.3 KB
ID:	81774

Comment

• Father Pobasturd
                  Editing a comment
                  I had one of those. Bought it dead and never got it going. Guy I got it from was a real asshole too.

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by roadiemort, 2 hours ago
              0 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post roadiemort  
              Started by ItBeMe, 6 days ago
              14 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post Bikerron  
              Started by Kenkaman, 21 hours ago