Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This may get heated like a politics thread....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Remington files for bankruptcy! This is horse shit!

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/03/25...ankruptcy.html

Comment

Wow. Didnt see that coming but then again the only Remingtons i own are the 870 shotguns
      my Wallet is Getting dangerously close to spontaneous combustion

Comment

Apparently, it is the pencil's fault, when I misspell a word.
        Spoons really do make people fat.

If I was a car manufacturer, I'd be very concerned about this. Makes me wonder how the whole headless car thing will play out. Unless like Tesla selling electric cars to millionaires and getting government money for doing so, selfdriving cars by electric car makers are deemed to be "Good", by the "thoughtful and nuanced".

If I was Home Depot, I'd stop renting trucks to Muslims.

Will Lowes and Home Depot stop selling things that twisted individuals can use to make bombs?

It's the way the left has been fighting its battles for the last few decades. Drag em into court, and beat them into submissive poverty so they'll go away. Find a Judge who agrees with your bias, and use his findings or agreements between the two parties when one decides to settle(instead of throwing even more money down a rathole), as a precedent.
        Once you accomplish that, who needs Congress. "Legislation from the Bench". I predict this one will be taken all the way to the SC. Millions of dollars later, the SC will say what we already know. The manufacturer can not predict what the purchaser will do with their product, and is therefore not liable.

I wonder what this will do to the Marvel Comics characters like "The Punisher"?
        Will Marvel be named as a co-conspirator in the lawsuit against Remington. Marvel most certainly tailors their violence and products to children.
        How about all of those in Follywood, who have made millions glorifying the use of guns and violence for decades?
        What about the people who make video games? Adam Lanza was reported to be a recluse of sorts. An introvert who spent his waking hours playing video games.....except when his mother dragged him to the gun range, hoping he'd be more normal. I would think if Remington is seen as culpable, then those who produced any violent video games Mr. Lanza had, should be first in line for a beating. This kid had issues, and everybody mentioned it at the time. Nobody wants to blame Mom. It's so anti apple pie and hotdogs.
        Shouldn't Mrs. Lanza, be blamed with conspiracy to commit murder? At the very least Manslaughter, for encouraging her child, by buying guns and taking him shooting? I know she was murdered by her own son to gain access to the guns he used to commit murder, but think of the headlines. "Mom, found guilty of being a mother, in absentia".

The entire lawsuit, is as ludicrous as blaming the NRA for what happened in Florida(or anytime there is a shooting, and the NRA and the 2nd amendment are tossed into the ring as the usual suspects).

How about the Contractors who built the school, and gave the administrators and teachers the false sense of security, nothing could happen inside it's doors. I heard one of those involved saying something about how safe the building was supposed to be.

I think Remingtons real struggle is/was market driven, although I'm sure the lawsuit isn't helping anything. They've been circling the drain for years. The article said they were purchased by somebody who absorbed(wrote off) 200+ million dollars in debt. Blaming the lawsuit, is mostly drama. Its about headlines that bleed.

I never did price Remingtons newer style AR types. I know it was a very competitive market. I haven't shopped for a Remington anything since I was a teenager. We had 3 Remingtons in the hjouse at the time. Disposable income is a premium for many who can only afford one or two firearms. Higher end stuff is out of the average guys reach, unless he or she just has to have a Remington. I think Remington was late to the game with the AR stuff anyway, but I may be wrong. A late uncle of mine, had a Remington semi auto in .308, as well as about a half dozen Remington shotguns in various sized bores at the time also. He had an 20 guage 1100 semi auto, that was his go to Dove gun.
        It took Ruger a lot of years to get out of the 5 round magazine mode. They focused on dumbing down their Mini14 and Mini30's, to make sales in California possible, and appease the tyrants who were fine with wood furniture, and "Hunting profiles" but got all jumpy with folding stocks and "military style" weapons. Heck. I still think of wood furniture when I think of hunting rifles, although composites and laminates are considered far superior as far as durability goes.

Remington and Winchester were the names in the Sporting industry, especially around the campfire for many years.
        I know when I was young, hunting was pretty affordable. At the very least, reasonable. Then again, all I had to do was drive ten or fifteen miles and I'd be in the middle of nowhere. A Remington 870 was the first firearm I ever purchased. I think it was under $130 out the door in the early 70's. My older brother had to accompany me, as I was underage at the time. I think 18 was the limit, and I was 14 or 15. Today, the entrance fees and cost of being actively involved in hunting, are much higher unless you can step out your backdoor, and have acres of your own ground already.

Comment

Things to ponder re: the mass shootings: 1.) most were committed by students or recent graduates/students 2.) most perpetrators had been reported to authorities, who did nothing. 3.) most of these school shootings started after social media sites like facebook and Twitter took over the social experience of face-to-face ( things are said and 'shared' on these sites that would never be said to the victims face... how's that for courage?)4.) the media frenzy seems to fan the flames and inspire other misfits to emulate the killers, yet it's all the NRA's fault! (I'm a Lifetime member). I'm sure there are other curious factoids in regards to this subject that I am missing here, but then again, I had a more traditional American family upbringing. It wasn't until later that both parents had to work, leaving me to supervise my six siblings.
          Re: the comments in the video where these kids couldn't describe what an assault weapon was : The majority of my rifles are military-like weapons because they are! WWII battlerifles. In all the years I've owned them, they haven't killed or shot anyone! They are like the tools in my toolbox... they COULD be used to hurt or kill someone, but they are not alive and cannot do anything on their own...it would take a human to even pick them up (much like our Roadies, which , as we all know, can't run off on their own!)

Comment

California State Senator Leland Yee is a perfect example. He authored (and got passed) so many "gun control" laws. He is now in prison for ilegally selling "asault weapons" to gangs. So why did he want gun control laws? To drive up the price he could get for the ilegal ones. Ahhh, government at its finest.
            Gerry

Comment

Originally posted by G_Conway View Post
              California State Senator Leland Yee is a perfect example. He authored (and got passed) so many "gun control" laws. He is now in prison for ilegally selling "asault weapons" to gangs. So why did he want gun control laws? To drive up the price he could get for the ilegal ones. Ahhh, government at its finest.
              WOW!!!!! What a piece of dog crap. I hope he rots in jail. This is what is infuriating, the Main Street media will not report on something like this with the enthusiasm they report fake news.
              I will not apologize for being white, being straight or for loving this country.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	
Views:	0
Size:	52.2 KB
ID:	12301http://www.breitbart.com/big-governm...kill-you-back/

Comment

https://www.dailywire.com/news/29119...-ryan-saavedra
                  1972? Honda SL70 (dead)
                  1978? Yamaha YZ80 (sold)
                  1982 Yamaha 400? street bike (sold)
                  2002 RoadStar (sold after 90,000 miles)
                  2007 Stratoliner

Some pictures here: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/fd9w68l93ngp8hd/GW6rxSmfza

Comment

The world is going insane I tell ya, insane!

https://www.dailywire.com/news/29224...weep-paul-bois

Comment

What was that I said before, that they were trying to outlaw sharp knives in the UK...only butter knives would be legal? I guess they'll be outlawing forks and spoons..lowering the British to eating with their hands and biting off gobbets of meat or tearing off chunks of bread, like they did in medieval times!

Comment

Amen!

https://www.dailywire.com/news/29390...ing-frank-camp

Comment

When my son was in grade school they school called me one day and asked that I come to the school ASAP! My son had a weapon. When I got there they said he had a rubber band with a paperclip and they considered that a weapon. And it was going on his personal record! I asked for a hearing with the School Board, they gave me one. I stood up and showed them where I still have pencil lead in the palm of my hand from a kid sticking me with it when I was in grade school. I then asked them to remove all pencils, rubber band and paperclips from the school. They removed this BS from my Son's school record! never heard another thing about it! No Common Sense what so ever!!

Comment

• Assocracer
                            Assocracer commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Though I don't agree with the school's assessment of it being called a weapon, I have a friend from grade school who ended up losing an eye because some other kid flipped a paperclip at him with a rubber band and it ruptured his eye. I don't think younger kids can really grasp the fact that a paperclip and a rubber band can be pretty freakin dangerous. I know when I was flipping paperclips and other kids with a rubber band, I certainly didn't think I could send a kid to the hospital and injure him for life with it.

Originally posted by NCB View Post
                          When my son was in grade school they school called me one day and asked that I come to the school ASAP! My son had a weapon. When I got there they said he had a rubber band with a paperclip and they considered that a weapon. And it was going on his personal record! I asked for a hearing with the School Board, they gave me one. I stood up and showed them where I still have pencil lead in the palm of my hand from a kid sticking me with it when I was in grade school. I then asked them to remove all pencils, rubber band and paperclips from the school. They removed this BS from my Son's school record! never heard another thing about it! No Common Sense what so ever!!
                          We were holy terrors in junior high with rubber bands, paper lips and spit wads. I could put a welt on your leg with a rubber band and spit wad. Those were the days!

Comment

I was watching an article on tv about shootings in London and apparently London has overtaken New York ! England had very low rates of murder by guns but I think now that the Muslim numbers are so high this has had an effect

Comment

Originally posted by Aussie John View Post
                              I was watching an article on tv about shootings in London and apparently London has overtaken New York ! England had very low rates of murder by guns but I think now that the Muslim numbers are so high this has had an effect
                              The murders are largely associated with knives now. From some of the stuff I’ve read regarding the UK, almost 80% of the murders involve people with names that don’t have the same sound as what might be considered a typical English type of name. Knives seem to be the weapon of choice
                              I’m not saying the murder rate by guns isn’t going up, but death by immigration seems to be the biggest single factor in the increase of homicides, in the UK. It’s just not popular to admit, that when you import cultures, you bring all the byproducts of those cultures, as well.

Comment

Comment

• Assocracer
                                  Assocracer commented
                                  Editing a comment
                                  I love the tribuchete for physics

Another good story!

http://www.breitbart.com/big-governm...oots-him-dead/

Comment

This is a hoot!

https://www.dailywire.com/news/30116...g-hank-berrien

Comment

Seems the writers of the article don't know the difference between cocking a shotgun and closing the action. And the snowflakes complaining about the ad are the ones most likely to take selfies at an accident than assist the victims.(in other words, useless!)

Comment

Can you believe this bull shit!

https://www.dailywire.com/news/30495...ans-frank-camp

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                                      Started by Lug Nut, 5 days ago
                                      16 responses
                                      1 like
                                      Last Post Agpilot
                                      by Agpilot

Started by lowriderbob, 4 hours ago
                                      2 responses
                                      0 likes
                                      Last Post Doc_V
                                      by Doc_V

Started by mariner3302, 2 hours ago
                                      0 responses
                                      0 likes
                                      Last Post mariner3302  
                                      Started by dennishiggins, 7 hours ago
                                      1 response
                                      0 likes
                                      Last Post dennishiggins  
                                      Started by roadiemort, 06-16-2020, 10:30 AM
                                      51 responses
                                      0 likes
                                      Last Post roadiemort  
                                      Started by Shores, 2 weeks ago
                                      9 responses
                                      0 likes
                                      Last Post roadiemort  
                                      Started by lowriderbob, 1 day ago
                                      10 responses
                                      1 like
                                      Last Post Father Pobasturd  
                                      Started by roadiemort, 23 hours ago
                                      3 responses
                                      0 likes
                                      Last Post Jclevesque  
                                      Started by Darkkill57, 1 day ago
                                      14 responses
                                      0 likes
                                      Last Post LUV4RS
                                      by LUV4RS

Started by Phix, 1 day ago
                                      4 responses
                                      0 likes
                                      Last Post Shores
                                      by Shores

Started by ItBeMe, 1 day ago
                                      4 responses
                                      0 likes
                                      Last Post Doc_V
                                      by Doc_V

Started by Lug Nut, 2 days ago
                                      1 response
                                      0 likes
                                      Last Post DEEPHATE  
                                      Started by Father Pobasturd, 05-24-2019, 02:51 PM
                                      1,022 responses
                                      2 likes
                                      Last Post DEEPHATE  
                                      Started by Jokke75, 4 days ago
                                      14 responses
                                      0 likes
                                      Last Post EP Roadie  
                                      Started by ItBeMe, 3 days ago
                                      6 responses
                                      2 likes
                                      Last Post ItBeMe
                                      by ItBeMe