Big Day in Canada.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big Day in Canada.

Canada legalized weed today. Also, it is the one year anniversary of the passing of Gord Downie, lead singer for Tragically Hip(and a huge supporter of legalizing Cannabis). An immensely popular Canadian rock band. Today is also Ziggy Marley's 50th birthday. Guessing our PM had all this in mind when picking the date for legalization.

Congratulations, and enjoy!

Comment

I think its the right move man. I dont smoke it myself but im a huge supporter for legalization. In my home country of Uruguay its been legal for a while now and things drug related improved vastly, like drug related crime and petty arrests.

Comment

Tina Best-Winsor Vondale Best Paula Best Stacey Wanda Best Wendy Best Clinton Green Irene Kean

Comment

• Doc_V
          Doc_V commented
          Editing a comment
          What the hell you smokin Mort?

• roadiemort
          roadiemort commented
          Editing a comment
          Nothing, give all my vices up years ago lol, I can see clearly now but that is a stereotypical Newfoundlander humor.

https://www.bloombergquint.com/onweb...u-s#gs.gWjY0zI

Comment

Grew it and smoked it back in the day. Several folks in the area grow some decent weed. A guy down the hill from me grows and if the wind is right you would swear a skunk was in the area!

Comment

I wonder if they had been "partaking"???
            2012 Road Star Silverado S

Comment

Not my thing at all but Michigan has a proposal on the upcoming November ballot to legalize it for rec use. Restrictions on how much you can have and all that of course.

I think it should be legal but I damn sure don’t want to be working with anyone who has it in their system. I’ve seen it over and over again over the years. Gives guys a hard case of the stupids who use it on a regular basis.

Comment

• Smokescreens
                Smokescreens commented
                Editing a comment
                lol. i have consumed alcohol and smoked canibis on a regular basis many years ago. i found i was way less useless high than drunk lol. and no hangover is pretty cool too, lol.

still, i never worked while impaired as i take my work seriously. but i think anyone who drinks or gets high all the time will end up with the stupids

LOL BS they are stupid any way. Alcohol makes you stupid

Comment

• TimB
                TimB commented
                Editing a comment
                LOL It was brought up because drinking is somehow socially acceptable, but by god don't bring up that evil weed.

• Deerkiller
                Deerkiller commented
                Editing a comment
                Understood. Like I said, my observations only. I also said I think it should be legal and treated similar to alcohol. I wouldn’t want to work with guys drinking the same way I wouldn’t want to work with guys smoking weed.

• TimB
                TimB commented
                Editing a comment
                I agree.

I have no problem with *responsible* use but some people seem to think of it like coffee or tobacco. Pot must be treated just like alcohol. If you wouldn't or shouldn't drink in that situation, then DON"T smoke pot in that situation. And if you "need" to smoke, like some people "need" to drink just to get through their day, you have a problem and *need* to get help.

OK, rant over, I'll get off my soapbox now...

Comment

I agree it should be treated just like alcohol when it comes to driving and working. But drunk people really irritate me and high people are awesome to talk to, most of the time.
                the myth that it turns you into a stupid person isnt fair. If you smoke a ball a day it builds up into your system. Same with alcohol. Theres so much alcohol your liver can filter per hour. Its the same with weed. You need time to eliminate it.
                i have several friends that smoke a bit everyday and hold management positions and have families and very succesful lives.
                Moderation is the key

Comment

There are consequences to just about everything. Some good, some bad. There’s been a lot of pressure from a lot of different directions to decriminalize weed here in the states. Lots of money making it happen, and lots of money being generated. Lots of people trading on decriminalizing it for political moxie. Lots of people who were already going nowhere fast, seeing this as a chance to get nowhere even faster.
                  In the “head” long rush to make this happen, there’s been a lot of information swept under the rug.

I’d be happier about this, if there weren’t a whole cadre of people out there, trying to take the hurt out of being “stupid”.

Comment

• TimB
                    TimB commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Odd, been smoking daily for 45 yrs & no one ever carried my load. What a weird thing to say. Think I'll have a bong now.

• SKWEARpeg
                    SKWEARpeg commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Well, Tim. If it ain’t about you, stop trying to squeeze your foot in the slipper.

• TimB
                    TimB commented
                    Editing a comment
                    No idea what that means & you don't know what you're talking about, but continue talking.

At my workplace we have random drug testing because we work in a DOT covered industry. Currently the policy is zero tolerance, if you test positive you're gone. I wonder how that will work if weed becomes legal? As you all know you can test positive for weed long after the effects have worn off. Seems like a big court case in the making.

Comment

The stupidness has already started, lmao
                    The days of busting citizens for smoking weed may come to an end with federal legalization on October 17, but it doesn’t look like the Toronto Police Service (TPS) will be taking a lenient approach when it comes to marijuana use by its own officers. In an internal police video leaked to a Toronto radio …

Comment

Originally posted by BigPainRing View Post
                      At my workplace we have random drug testing because we work in a DOT covered industry. Currently the policy is zero tolerance, if you test positive you're gone. I wonder how that will work if weed becomes legal? As you all know you can test positive for weed long after the effects have worn off. Seems like a big court case in the making.
                      Regardless if a substance is legal, a workplace can not allow the substance. I think I read about that happening in states legalized recreational use of weed. Hospitals and such still had the policy of not having a positive piss test and it was up to the employer to hold their employees accountable. Just like if you are a delivery driver, you can’t blow a positive alcohol test. Even if it is legalized, many employers won’t want the liability of their employees having a drug in their system if an accident occurs

Comment

Originally posted by BigPainRing View Post

Right. This has come up as a topic of discussion where I work also. Small business where everyone drives a company truck though (light duty trucks-not heavy trucks).

Hospitals can refuse to hire people who have nicotine in their system. Promedica has a no tobacco policy around here (probably everywhere). If that’s legit, then I think that businesses can have a no marijuana policy also. Although I’m surprised a big lawsuit hasn’t come about for that yet either. At least not that I’ve heard of.

In America, it’s still currently illegal on a Federal level. Interesting gray area when states legalize it but the Feds could still bust you in one of those states if they want to.

I have several customers who grow it here in MI (medical has been legal for awhile now). Creates a lot of heat and they need A/C even in winter to control temps in the grow room. I’ve talked to them at length about the subject. Interesting facts on all sides. Most don’t get covered (much like any political subject).

Comment

• SKWEARpeg
                          SKWEARpeg commented
                          Editing a comment
                          An employee on a job site, steps off of something high, and falls to his or her death. Everybody shows up. OSHA. Insurance. The people who hired the Contractor to do the work.
                          Who loses, beside the loser who is fertilizing daisy’s and feeding worms?
                          The contractor ends up with the dirty end of the stick.

Problem with weed testing is there is no way to tell if a positive test is because you just had some, or you had some a month ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Carpetbagger View Post
                          Problem with weed testing is there is no way to tell if a positive test is because you just had some, or you had some a month ago.
                          The point of the test is to see if a person uses the drug. It does not matter when he/she used it. No different than committing a crime. Makes no difference when it was committed. Still a crime.

Comment

• Carpetbagger
                            Carpetbagger commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Not if it's not illegal.

I think some of you guys watched Reefer Madness and took it to heart. Now days, it's considered a comedy. Of course weed's not good for you. Alcohol is damn sure not good for you. Aspirin's not good for you. Breathing the air in Downtown Phoenix is not good for you. And riding a motorcycle can be very harmful to you. See where I'm going with this?

Comment

• SKWEARpeg
                            SKWEARpeg commented
                            Editing a comment
                            I can see you don’t have a clue what I think and know.

• TimB
                            TimB commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Some think they KNOW what's best for everyone, but ……………….

• TimB
                            TimB commented
                            Editing a comment
                            & yes, the movie was a hoot!

Originally posted by Father Pobasturd View Post
                          I think some of you guys watched Reefer Madness and took it to heart. Now days, it's considered a comedy. Of course weed's not good for you. Alcohol is damn sure not good for you. Aspirin's not good for you. Breathing the air in Downtown Phoenix is not good for you. And riding a motorcycle can be very harmful to you. See where I'm going with this?

Marijuana helps a lot of people in many ways. It's being used as medicine to treat a long list of different issues. During my time in Bosnia I took a bullet to my shoulder. It never healed 100%, I still have pains now and then. Doc's used to give me strong painkillers, but I got hooked to those and started using weed instead. I don't smoke it I take it other ways, and it helps a lot. Lots of things are harmful to us, we just need to pick the ones that harm us the least.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                          Started by brianmac, 3 days ago
                          3 responses
                          0 likes
                          Last Post Spydr
                          by Spydr

Started by D-Fresh, 4 days ago
                          9 responses
                          0 likes