Garage Pics?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Garage Pics?

Here's one that's probably been done here before, but I haven't seen it: how about sharing your garage pics? After 25 years in our old farmhouse, we finally decided to tear down the old detached, single car garage (and remnants of the summer kitchen from back in the day) and build an attached 3-car garage. The drywall is now done, but nothing else inside. I'm sure folks here have some sweet garage setups in terms of shelving, cabinets, workspace organization, etc. Care to share some pics? I, for one, would enjoy seeing them and maybe get some ideas to boot. Thanks!

Oh, that's so nice! You are very fortunate!!!

I bought a house 17 years ago that had an oversized, over-under, 2-car garage... that is, it has double-wide bays above and below. The cages are in the upper garage, but all the toys... my 3 R*s are in the lower garage below. it's a very fine set-up and one of the prime reasons I wanted to buy this place. As for pics... I'm not too technical, but I can try to get some posted, if it matters.

Comment

After returning to The States, my wife and I got a sweet deal on a house in a small town near where I grew up. No garage. 10’x12’ metal building for storage and my R. This year, it was planned for me to get a shop. We had a baby daughter instead. Hopefully, I will get a scaled down version of the shop I had planned.

Comment

We were blessed enough to get into our forever home early in life (late 20’s) and I couldn’t be happier with the garage situation. We have an attached 3 car where my wife parks. We also park an additional car, 3 motorcycles, a dirt bike, and a quad in there. In addition to that we have a detached 24’x48’ shop that has a tool room and a reloading room inside of it. I also put a 9k lb two post lift inside and wood stove. It also has a lean-to that runs full length along the 48’ side of the shop. Additionally it has a 24' by 12' storage loft.
        Attached Files

Comment

• Ironman
          Ironman commented
          Editing a comment
          Nice pics. I had a bear of a time getting mine posted. They kept showing up with an icon, but no image?? I thought I had to resize them small (like on Craigslist) to get them to post, but yours are full size.

• Brad_G
          Brad_G commented
          Editing a comment
          I like your setup. You've got some pretty cool toys to work on in there.

Lots of little projects i want to do, like insulate the shop, but for now I am very pleased with work and storage space.
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Ironman View Post
          Here's one that's probably been done here before, but I haven't seen it: how about sharing your garage pics? After 25 years in our old farmhouse, we finally decided to tear down the old detached, single car garage (and remnants of the summer kitchen from back in the day) and build an attached 3-car garage. The drywall is now done, but nothing else inside. I'm sure folks here have some sweet garage setups in terms of shelving, cabinets, workspace organization, etc. Care to share some pics? I, for one, would enjoy seeing them and maybe get some ideas to boot. Thanks!
          Your addition is very tastefully done! looks like it belongs there!

Comment

• Ironman
            Ironman commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks!

You're going to want some work benches, i made this over the summer. The best thing about making it yourself is you can customize it how ever you want. This bench is a little taller 'cuz i hate bending over!
          2012 Road Star Silverado S

Comment

• Ironman
            Ironman commented
            Editing a comment
            Absolutely. I have a stout one that was in the old workshop (summer kitchen) that I want to repurpose in the garage. It's pretty ugly, but I'm trying to convince my wife to let me use it. If not, I may have to build a pretty one like yours!

Originally posted by D-Fresh View Post
          You're going to want some work benches, i made this over the summer. The best thing about making it yourself is you can customize it how ever you want. This bench is a little taller 'cuz i hate bending over!
          Having the right height work bench makes ALL the difference. Nice job!

Comment

I like seeing peoples garages. Might sound somewhat creepy but hopefully you know what I mean. Ironman, I agree with Kona, ties in like it's been there all along. Nice job.

Comment

• Ironman
              Ironman commented
              Editing a comment
              Thanks! And I know what you mean. I posted to introduce the topic, but I'm really hoping to see some pics showing workspace, storage, and organization ideas.

No inside pics of mine, you wouldn't like the mess anyway.

The bad part: the incline going to the garage is STEEP. and it's off an alley that's also steep.
            No level surface in front of the garage at all.
            It's steep enough that none of my friends with bikes will park on my driveway. I do but I'm used to it.

The good part: I have a 2.5 car extra deep garage with 2 bikes + my Jeepster Commando in it AND the original 1901 barn to go with the 1901 house is still there.
            It's not huge at 16' x 32' inside but it 2 stories plus another 1/2 story wide story so I have a ton of storage.
            The other half of the top floor is open space so 1/2 the middle floor has a 20 foot ceiling height.
            To find that on a 1/4 acre city lot is pretty rare but to buy it on a Short Sale foreclosure on the cheap is almost unheard of.

Comment

• roadiemort
              roadiemort commented
              Editing a comment
              You could terrace the driveway.

I built my garage in 1998. 22x30 all that I could fit in the space. Storage up stairs, cramped but held 2 cars and 2 bikes. The blue bike is not mine just showing the interior. Your addition looks great!! note this is my garage not my shop.

Comment

I built a couple of simple benches and utilize one that was already there when i moved in. Not fancy but they work!
              Attached Files

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by Father Pobasturd, 13 hours ago
              6 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post davej
              by davej

Started by drumsonly2002, 35 minutes ago
              1 response