Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Attn: Anyone in the Phoenix area - stolen vehicle

Attn: Anyone in the Phoenix area.

My brother's truck and trailer was stolen from a hotel parking lot last night. He was in town from California picking up a 1941 Ford truck that he had just bought from our uncle.

His truck is a 2001 Ford F350 Crew Cab, 7.3L diesel, white, lifted. CA plate. Not sure of the tag.
    The trailer is a dual-axle flat bed. Calif plate 1CR9926
    The 1941 Ford truck was on the trailer. It's orange/red. I don't think it has a plate.

I know it's a long shot posting this here but I'm hoping that anyone in the Phoenix area can keep an eye open.

If you see either of the vehicles or the trailer can you please message me, or call the police? He filed a report with the Phx police dept.

Click image for larger version  Name:	17854878_10211120585803649_3618514364200275966_o.jpg Views:	1 Size:	32.3 KB ID:	15079
    Click image for larger version  Name:	468710_3870794981482_2089859617_o.jpg Views:	1 Size:	199.5 KB ID:	15080
    Click image for larger version  Name:	229496_1044044474486_1087_n.jpg Views:	1 Size:	24.9 KB ID:	15078
    Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_20180410-174207_Photos.jpg Views:	1 Size:	95.5 KB ID:	15081
    Click image for larger version  Name:	49B40E18-DFD9-4B37-A66E-4903C8177229-2000.jpg Views:	1 Size:	81.6 KB ID:	15082
    Last edited by Tykes_Place; 4 weeks ago.
    Manuals, Roadwing, other stuff
    PGR
    PGT MT

This happens way to often, bastards.

Comment

Darrel, that just sucks! Hope it all is found and the thieves are hung!

“The West is the Best" - Jim Morrison

Comment

• Silkentek
        Silkentek commented
        Editing a comment
        I agree, where I live we have been having lots of break-ins, like our volunteer fire departments being broken into, our small local schools, local churches and community centers. I mean we had 4 of our very rural fire departments hit within one week, and the gear and equipment stolen is very specialized. How the hell is that stuff disappearing without a trace?
        I commented on one of our local facebook discussion groups that if this country had the kind of penalties for thievery that other countries have, it would either happen a LOT less, or our thieves would be a lot smarter. There was a time, even in THIS country, where if you were caught stealing, first offense, you lost a finger, second offense, you lost a hand, third offense, both hands and 4th you were hung.
        I hate the fact that the only type of stealing that really gets punished is if you are caught embezzling from a major corporation.
        There were a couple of replies to my comment that I was too brutal minded to be an American and if we had such penalties for thievery, it would be time to leave the country. I asked the one fella, what was he objecting for? unless of course he himself was a thief ;P

HotRod
      Roadstarterry
      PGR
      PGT MT

Comment

I passed this along to my Zonie friends on FB.

2000 Roadstar 1600 - BAK, Pumpless, Curt's manifold, Mikuni HSR42 Freedom Combat Pipes Jumbo Strong bags, PPG 'HellFire' Paint.

Comment

I'm out here...I'll look for it.

Comment

Update. The police found the trailer and the '41 intact on the Gila River Indian Reservation. The white Ford truck is still missing.
            PGR
            PGT MT

Comment

Originally posted by Tykes_Place View Post
              Update. The police found the trailer and the '41 intact on the Gila River Indian Reservation. The white Ford truck is still missing.
              Good news! Keep it coming.

“The West is the Best" - Jim Morrison

Comment

Great news about the '41, but the I would guess the f350 is in Mexico by now!
                2005 Silverado Midnight Star

Comment

I hate thieves. Hope they find the truck and those responsible.
                  Curious, Darrel, do you know any details on how they found the trailer and '41 on the reservation? Were they following up on some leads, or doing regular patrol there and stumbled upon it, or did they know where to possible go looking and sure enough there it was????

Comment

I don’t have any details. My brother only texted me that they found the trailer on the res.
                    PGR
                    PGT MT

Comment

At least the trailer and 41 were found. I would imagine insurance on the PU will help with the truck itself.

I think as a society, we are far to lenient on thieves. I blame the insurance mindset on that, when it comes to determining punitive considerations where thieves are concerned.
                      They use to hang horse thieves, and we still had people willing to try it. Nowadays most car thieves get a slap on the wrist, in comparison. Insurance tends to create the impression of a victimless crime, but we pay through the nose with our premiums.

Comment

IIRC, in Texas, rustling cattle is still a hanging offence, but is rarely carried out. One of my co-workers lost a F250 w/ a welding rig and brand-new-in-the-box dishwasher in the parking lot of a Christian bookstore a number of years ago... never recovered.

Comment

Originally posted by SKWEARpeg View Post
                          At least the trailer and 41 were found. I would imagine insurance on the PU will help with the truck itself.

I think as a society, we are far to lenient on thieves. I blame the insurance mindset on that, when it comes to determining punitive considerations where thieves are concerned.
                          They use to hang horse thieves, and we still had people willing to try it. Nowadays most car thieves get a slap on the wrist, in comparison. Insurance tends to create the impression of a victimless crime, but we pay through the nose with our premiums.
                          Here in Oregon they do nothing about car theft, and it is rampant most everywhere. They have figured out how to clone key fobs, and hack the OBD ports, etc. Cops don't do anything other than have the cars towed leaving the owners with huge impound fees to come up with.

2000 Roadstar 1600 - BAK, Pumpless, Curt's manifold, Mikuni HSR42 Freedom Combat Pipes Jumbo Strong bags, PPG 'HellFire' Paint.

Comment

The F250 is gone. Might find the carcass in the desert in a few months. Most likely was stolen and taken across the border. A lot of times they use these to "run" 15 to 20 illegal border crossers through the desert, beating the shit out of the truck, then abandon it when the job is done. Glad the 41 was recovered.

Rod

Comment

My brother told me earlier this week that they found his truck. Also on the Res.

I was mistaken on the trailer. The '41 was actually in a Haulmark box trailer. He thinks that the thieves broke into the trailer's man-door first then saw the '41. They probably decided to steal the whole rig at that point. But they couldn't get the trailer open. It had two heavy duty padlocks on the back doors. They beat at the locks but couldn't get it open. So the abandoned the trailer and left with the truck.

They found his truck a few miles away from the trailer, somewhere off the highway. The thieves had broke out the driver's door handle to get in, then busted open the steering column to turn the ignition. They generally rifled through everything. Glove box, center console, etc. All dumped and scattered. Broke the lid on the center column. And the tailgate was gone. The truck is at a dealer now waiting for his insurance claim to come through. So he's getting everything back.

Here's the cool part. My uncle is 1/2 Indian, from his mother's side I think. His family is from Phoenix and goes a ways back with the tribe. He had a reputation as a thug and brawler when he was younger, in the early 60's. I've heard stories that he and his friends would meet at the dump or wherever and have bare knuckle fights with whoever would show up. Apparently he wasn't one you would screw with. That all changed when he met my aunt, found Jesus, moved to California and settled down to raise two daughters.

When the truck was stolen he put the word out to tribal members and his friends, asking that if anyone knew anything to please report it or return it and no harm done. We think that may have led to an anonymous call to the police when they figured who the truck belonged to. We can't confirm that of course, but that fact that everything was just abandoned on the res makes sense.

So all's well in the end. Some of the damage they identified in the report was actuality from him. He thinks that after they fix the truck it will be in even better shape than before it was stolen.
                              PGR
                              PGT MT

Comment

Glad they found it. Figured the truck was a goner at this point
                                my Wallet is Getting dangerously close to spontaneous combustion

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by hendog, 7 hours ago
                                7 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post Shores
                                by Shores

Started by oldschoolchopper, 1 week ago
                                38 responses
                                0 likes