promises made, promises kept!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• promises made, promises kept!

everyone criticized Trump for saying a covid-19 vaccine would be it out around the 15th.

https://youtu.be/i1Lkp6pj1-k

wonder if treasonous Joe will claim he did it from his basement
    my Wallet is Getting dangerously close to spontaneous combustion

Okay you guys know me as a fellow gearhead but mostly I get advice from y'all, but this is my area of expertise science specifically laboratory science immunology. This drug is not really a vaccine that is used to prevent people from ever getting covid 19. This is an antibody that was produced synthetically (think synthetic oil), it was copied from antibodies derived from some of the first patients that came ill with the disease and and recuperated. Here is the description of the medicine. Bamlanivimab (LY-CoV555, also known as LY3819253), is a synthetic monoclonal antibody (mAb) derived from one of the first blood samples taken in the United States from a patient who recovered from COVID-19.1,2 Bamlanivimab is a neutralizing IgG1 mAb directed against the SARS-CoV-2 spike (S) protein, which is described to block viral entry into humanhumans.
    It's it's not designed to keep people from getting the virus, although it can be used for that it would be ridiculously expensive to give that to everybody. Monoclonal just means that it's one cell line of special lymphocytes that create the antibody.

​​​​ A true vaccine, mimics the real virus in its chemical composition, and stimulates the human to make antibodies against it.
    That that is why we effectively have eliminated measles mumps rubella and polio with exceptions.
    This is called active immunization. We use the patient to make the antibodies to prevent infection. Once the virus is introduced to a vaccinated person, their antibodies immediately respond and kill the virus before it has a chance to cause disease.

This new drug is a passive immunization, where the antibody was made synthetically and injected into humans.
    And please note that the FDA has given emergency use authorization. Or eua for this drug due to the pandemic.

I wish Trump got elected too but I still think that an active vaccine should be available by the end of the year or certainly January or February.

Comment

Emergency use authorization from the FDA doesn't mean it is a cure all either, it could just be a promising new drug that helps a lot of people at a certain stage of the disease. A true ACTIVE vaccine will work for 99.99% of the time. , By stimulating humans to make their own antibodies prior to being exposed.

Comment

hey, its something aimed directly at covid. im not jumping in line myself, i will wait a few years to make sure there is no long term effects.
        my Wallet is Getting dangerously close to spontaneous combustion

Comment

• davej
          davej commented
          Editing a comment
          He will try to take credit for it. We all know that. That is if he ends up winning the election. Still a long way to go. The only one that has said he is pres elect is the Media. It is not for them to decide.

• BubbaKahuna
          BubbaKahuna commented
          Editing a comment
          He's been 'promising' a vaccine every 2 weeks for the past 9 months "any day now".
          He was bound to be right eventually. LOL

These new medicines are innocuous inoculations. There's a troubling belief that circulates in this country that immunizations are dangerous. More worrisome is that some people think they cause autism. So we have a small percentage of the people that refuse to take vaccinations for their family, and we'll get an outbreak in a certain area. Not so Long gone are the days when vaccines could cause allergic reactions, and flu like symptoms. I had this kind of ration in 2010 to a flu shot. I had to leave early from work felt like crap the whole day I woke up the next morning and I felt fine. They used to use egg-based stuff and they use fungus based vaccinations. The science of immunology for the treatment of viral diseases and even cancer now is just totally amazing and growing and burgeoning. The days were like Star trek they would hold a sensor on your left arm to determine what was wrong, flick a switch and hold it to your right arm for the cure or getting closer and closer. I really laud president Trump for putting all the laboratories in the United States together for one cause, overcoming the obstacles of trade secrets for the betterment of mankind. Likewise with the vaccine companies and the drug manufacturers, it's times like these one the government absolutely needs to break into the corporate arena.

Comment

• Flashback
          Flashback commented
          Editing a comment
          Those days aren't quite gone, my flu shot slammed me this year ..............

Thank you Brian for the useful information everyone can use.

Comment

It is gut wrenching to see what is arguably some of the best news any of us could hope for twisted into something that divides us. This is fantastic news for us all. Let’s act like it.

Comment

• Horsehammerr
            Horsehammerr commented
            Editing a comment
            Sounds like a " Maybe " to me .

• GreenMachine
            GreenMachine commented
            Editing a comment
            If labeling me in a way that dehumanizes me allows you to ignore any truth there might be in my words, so be it. You are only hurting yourself.

On Aug 11, Russia announced the launch of Sputnik V, its home brewed adenovirus-based vaccine candidate against COVID-19

Comment

They also make the URAL? A sorry excuse for a motorcycle, yeah they're cool looking yeah they're probably fun to own but they've had their share of difficulties with the crankshafts splitting in half. They only do like 70 mph, they're kind of like a really old design that they received in reparations for the Hitler's abominations. So the vaccine is like oh yeah it's a vaccine, but is it going to work, there are a lot of variables involved in getting a vaccine to work properly.

Comment

Originally posted by Smokescreens View Post
              hey, its something aimed directly at covid. im not jumping in line myself, i will wait a few years to make sure there is no long term effects.
              If you're allowed to wait a few years. My concern is mother government or your employer will require it for you to return to work (that is if you work, maybe retired?).
              2012 Road Star Silverado S

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by EnergyGuy, 2 hours ago
              0 responses
              1 view
              0 likes
              Last Post EnergyGuy  
              Started by Rick Fortner, 18 hours ago
              4 responses