• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• roadiemort
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Shores
    commented on 's reply
    Do you mean Sally, not Sandy? Please be safe! Have you evacuated in the past?

• Herrindude
    replied
    hurricane sandy is 85 miles due south of my house and is moving my way at 2 miles an hour right now. i have already got 4 inches of rain this morning with a potential of 12 to 20 inches more. I wish i could send this rain to the west to help them out. Pensacola florida has already go 1 foot of rain with alot more to come, but they will miss the eyewall, but not us. Lord Jesus watch over us.

Leave a comment:

• Shores
    replied
    https://nypost.com/2020/09/14/sorry-...fornias-fires/

Leave a comment:

• Blackcloud12
    replied
    Yeah- East of the mountains. Spokane.
    Good friend of mine had to evacuate during the Sumner fire. Scary stuff.

Leave a comment:

• Shores
    replied
    Originally posted by Blackcloud12 View Post
    Was that the fire right there by Sumner/Bonney Lake?
    No, it was not the Sumner Grade fire that burned some homes. It was at the west end of 167 near Puyallup.

Leave a comment:

• Blackcloud12
    commented on 's reply
    Was that the fire right there by Sumner/Bonney Lake?

• Brad_G
    commented on 's reply
    Saw on the news last night that there was a chance up in your neck of the woods. I haven't been outside to see if it's noticeable here.

• DEEPHATE
    replied
    I think we're seeing smoke in Iowa now....

Leave a comment:

• D-Fresh
    commented on 's reply
    Agreed! Ridiculous lemming practice... SMH

• roadiemort
    replied

Leave a comment:

• GreenMachine
    replied
    This is such dishonest reporting. It takes four distinct crimes and criminals, lumps them together as though they were somehow connected, and then implies there is a correlation to the fact that one of the suspects has caused trouble at BLM protests, as though that should tell you something about everyone who is protesting, or that the fires were set by the protesters as a whole. You could just as easily correlate any of these criminal’s actions to the type of car one of them drives, and by extension demonize everyone that drives that make and model. You could use this kind of logical leap to demonize anything you could possibly desire.

I have been to many protests over the last five years, all of them peaceful. I have also witnessed passionate and caring members of my community come together to support the families of fallen police officers. No matter what side of this divide you find yourself on, we all have way more in common than not. We all just want to live in a world where people love, respect, and take care of one another. The people who are causing trouble on both ends of the spectrum do not represent the vast majority of Americans of any political persuasion. We would all do well to not lump each other into radical categories that we do not belong in.

And the BS about climate change not having anything to do with these fires? Climate change doesn’t necessarily start fires. It does create the hot, dry conditions that allow any fires that do get sparked (whether by man or mother nature) to burn quickly out of control.

As a a significant side note, did you notice that the editors chose to use the picture of the only brown suspect, even though she is’t the one linked to either the worst fire or the protests? Care to wager a guess why that might be?

These fires are horrible tragedies. The criminals whose actions have contributed to them, deserve to be held fully accountable. But so do the people who write divisive stories like this one. To point the finger at large groups of people who had nothing to do with this tragedy is wrong, destructive, and the exact opposite of what we need to be doing right now. We need to be coming together to support one another in our moments of need. We need to be working together to find solutions to our biggest problems. We need to stop dividing ourselves and start recognizing the things that bind us all together. We need to break the cycle of labeling each other as the enemy. Recognizing when news reports encourage us to demonize each other would be a good starting point.

Leave a comment:

• Shores
    replied
    https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...es-in-seattle/

Leave a comment:

• Doc_V
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks D-Fresh. I'm safe from the current fires, we're about 75 miles away. But the smoke is messing with people who have breathing issues. When it was Orange, surprisingly the air at ground level was clear, aside from all the ash raining down, but now it's not as orange and the smoke has dropped to ground level. It's smoky just looking across the street. The smoke is inconvenient, but that's nothing compared to those who are losing everything. I'm just grateful my family and I all safe.

• D-Fresh
    replied
    Doc & Coach, hope you'll stay safe in this crazy time.

Leave a comment:

• Shores
    replied
    This was 1/2 mile from my house. The vid and idiot gets interesting at about the 28 minute mark. His verbal diarrhea is characteristic of a liar. The guy was released on $1,000 bail and then immediately rearrested for burglary at a gas station near the PD.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=zCcq8tOiBWs

http://www.protesterprivilege.com/20...aming-himself/

https://thepostmillennial.com/antifa...-in-washington

Leave a comment:

• Doc_V
    replied
    Coach, I've heard there's another fire going on in your area right now; I hope you and you and yours are safe. I had family in Paradise who lost everything in the Camp fire and moved to AZ after that.
    Last edited by Doc_V; 09-11-2020, 02:23 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Coach
    replied
    I’m right there with you Doc. I live in paradise ca

Leave a comment:

• roadiemort
    replied
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Doc_V
    replied
    So this was SF yesterday afternoon; somehow it was worse there than here. There was no filter, FX or other altering of this video, it's 100% real. The music just adds to it.

Leave a comment:

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
Started by roadiemort, 15 hours ago
1 response
0 likes
Last Post roadiemort  
Started by reddog3979, 08-27-2018, 08:04 AM
22 responses
0 likes
Last Post brianmac