Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EP Roadie
    replied
    My carry is also an MP Shield 9 in an IWB Alien Gear Holster and it's been great out of the box. Wouldn't mind my 1911 Colt Gold Cup National Match, S&W 1911 ( 45's ) or my 45 Long Colt for knockdown power but my Shield works for me and is easier to wear than a " hog leg "

Leave a comment:

• Smokescreens
    replied
    i have 3 shields, great carry guns. i have the 45 performance center, my wife has the 9mm and we also have a 380ez. my wife has horrible carpal tunnel si when we go to the range she takes the 380. i started to load my own after the last big gun and ammo shortage back in 08 if i remember right. i have the stuff to load a few thousand of almost anything i shoot a lot of. and a few hundred of the stuff i dont shoot a lot of.

as for the 1.0 vs 2.0 i think for a carry you did right. the aggressive grip texture of the 2.0 will try to sand away your skin if you carry i side the wasteband. i had to put a hogue rubber sleeve over mine.

Leave a comment:

• Brian Schenk
    replied
    Back about 46 years ago I went and got myself a Remington XP 100. Of all the guns I have had and got rid of that is the one I wish I had kept. Not a carry but way fun. They say it is the gun that killed Kennedy. ?

Leave a comment:

• NCB
    replied
    M&P 40 Shield! Never had a issue!

Leave a comment:

• JoeBloShmo
    replied
    I have the shield in a .40mm. Love it. I also have the full size M&P .40mm. Enjoy!

Leave a comment:

• MikeyC
    commented on 's reply
    Yeah. Usually carry compact 45. But feel my 357 snub is more reliable. That said i have had no problems with the 45 but that could change in a panic situation

• Shores
    replied
    I've also been shooting my dad's 1942 Walthers world war II p38 9 mm German SS trooper pistol with holster. He said he got it off of a German soldier who didn't need it anymore. It's smooth as hell with very little recoil and fun to shoot.

Leave a comment:

• Shores
    commented on 's reply
    I got two boxes of 50 today at sportco. $13 per box, limit two boxes, 115 grain.

• Chromepony
    replied
    Originally posted by Shores View Post
    Bought a 1.0 today for $369 plus tax. Saved $80 over the 2.0 which just has an inconceivable difference in feel of the trigger and a different grip texture. I get it on the 28th unless I get an early release. My first conceal. I was lucky to find a local store with one. 9mm ammo is a unicorn around here. CPL expected about Sept. 4th.
    Got 3 boxes of 9MM ammo from "Cheaper than dirt" today.

Leave a comment:

• Ahodge75
    commented on 's reply
    Everyone I’ve talked to loves their Hellcat I just haven’t shot one yet

• boomerA
    replied
    My brother bought a M&P Shield and it malfunctioned within the first magazine of ammo. He took it back to Cabela's, where they tried to fix it....no good, so they gave him a whole new M&P Shield to replace it. AFAIK , this one works like it's supposed to. Personally, I prefer my Kimbers or my Walther PPQs in .45 ACP. I do have some 9mm pistols, but have found that the pricier makes/models are too ammo sensitive. I had some Remington Range Bucket ammo that my SARs and Tarus 409,and Beretta PX4 subcompact functioned perfectly. My HK P320 and my SIG VP( both failed to lock back after the last round and often stove-piped.

Leave a comment:

• Horsehammerr
    replied
    357mag , EAA 6 revolver , non left behind .

Leave a comment:

• FDRUCaptain
    commented on 's reply
    The Hellcat is great. I’ve been carrying mine for about 3 months now. I got the OSP model so that if in the future I want to, I can add the sight.

• FDRUCaptain
    replied
    The Shields are great guns. My wife has a Shield in 9mm with the laser on the front. She loves it. I carried an M&P compact in .40 for awhile and have been carrying the new Hellcat lately. It’s also in 9mm. All great guns.

Leave a comment:

• Lug Nut
    replied
    I've been carrying my KIMBER Micro 9 Crimson Trace in DeSantis super fly front pocket holster for a while when riding. Had it on me at all times on my starfest trip. Doesn't print in pocket, easy to pull out, stays put, light enough to carry full time. Love my full size KIMBER 1911 but need shoulder holster forbthat and I prefer front pocket carry (sometimes hammerless. 357 snubbie or micro 9 Taurus)...

Leave a comment:

• Ahodge75
    replied
    Duke, Its true little heavier I agree but my springfield xdm isn't much heavier than my 9mm....granted I prefer full frame models now my wife wants the kimber micro 9 which is perfect for her. However I'm a huge Springfield Armory fan and have multiple of them. I'm wanting to get the new Hellcat and I'm really really looking hard at the Range Officer Elite 10mm....

Leave a comment:

• Duke
    commented on 's reply
    To heavy for me on long carries.
    Just be quicker and accurate when doing so.

• Ahodge75
    replied
    45acp only conceal I carry....they go down and don't get back up.....have several 9mm and like them alot but I prefer the the 45 for conceal....

Leave a comment:

• Lug Nut
    replied
    I have been waiting on 1000 rds 9mm from Rural King for months now... I hate spending the $ in a box of 20 or 50

Leave a comment:

• Shores
    started a topic M&P Shield 9mm

M&P Shield 9mm

Bought a 1.0 today for $369 plus tax. Saved $80 over the 2.0 which just has an inconceivable difference in feel of the trigger and a different grip texture. I get it on the 28th unless I get an early release. My first conceal. I was lucky to find a local store with one. 9mm ammo is a unicorn around here. CPL expected about Sept. 4th.

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
Started by tovarman2, 17 hours ago
8 responses
0 likes
Last Post Kmartcivic  
Started by roadiemort, 06-16-2020, 10:30 AM
54 responses
0 likes
Last Post roadiemort  
Started by tovarman2, 1 day ago