No announcement yet.

Voting is Essential

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I’ve been looking into it further, and here are the states (with supporting documentation) that have refused to allow those with concerns about Covid-19 to vote by absentee:

Texas
    (see link in post #75)
    Louisiana
    (see link in post #78)
    Indiana https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.ind...amp/5581806002
    Mississippi
    https://amp.clarionledger.com/amp/3346708001
    South Carolina
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.the...245079790.html
    Tennessee
    https://amp.usatoday.com/amp/3305856001

Comment

That's because Indiana is a state for real men.. We don't care about no China Virus
      LET'S RIDE

Comment

• GreenMachine
        GreenMachine commented
        Editing a comment
        The absentee system has been in place for decades. What’s wrong with using it for voters concerned about Covid?

• Jaybo
        Jaybo commented
        Editing a comment
        GreenMachine, because they are not talking about using the absentee system. They are talking about just allowing to do mail in voting without using the absentee system. California is doing it and not under the absentee system. The idea is to create chaos, and NOT follow the rules of the absentee system. that is the game plan of the democrats is to make it chaos so they can push the election results until after Jan. 20, 2021 where Pelosi will be named President.

• GreenMachine
        GreenMachine commented
        Editing a comment
        Jaybo We are talking about two entirely separate issues. I’m referring to the states that have refused to expand absentee ballots to all voters and the problems that will surely result from that. You are referring to the 5 states that have newly implemented universal mail in voting and the Democratic bid to implement universal balloting nationwide (which everybody knows will not pass). These two issues are entirely separate. I understand your concerns with universal mail in voting, and the risk of ballot harvesting. It is a problem that could occur and It is a point of contention as to how prepared each state is for this potential threat, but it has nothing to do with the threat to public confidence in our democracy that could result from the six states that are undermining the right to vote by their failure to make accommodations to mitigate the complications presented by Covid-19.

It doesn’t take a job title of CEO to recognize that trucks leaving empty reduce efficiency. Likewise, removing working sorting machines from service has clearly reduced the Post Office’s capacity to perform it’s duty. The delays remain a problem to this day, and no one is doing anything to solve the issue. In fact, just the opposite; DeJoy is willfully refusing to rectify the situation by (even temporarily) reversing the changes that have been implemented under his leadership. Meanwhile, election mail is about to start entering the system. Living in the highly impacted city of Tacoma, I am starting to get concerned that I may not even receive my ballot in time to vote.

We continue to move in the direction of a disaster in November. The systematic dismantling of the Post Office must be reversed. There is no reason to believe that the delays will not continue without doing something to fix all of the manufactured chaos.

“Edra Haecherl, an assistant supervisor tractor trailer operator for the Postal Service based in Tacoma, said she has seen the empty trailers firsthand. “Seven tractor trailers come back empty each day” when usually they would have been carrying mail, she said. “This is not normal.”

“In Tacoma, Cheney said only one letter sorting machine was slated to be removed by the Postal Service this summer because of reduced mail volume, which is the reasoning given by the Postal Service for other machine removals in the past. He said his team was informed of the removal in a memo from a Tacoma Plant Manager Charles DiCarlo dated June 6. Cheney said he and other Tacoma postal workers were stunned when four letter-sorting machines, each of which is capable of sorting up to 35,000 pieces of mail in an hour, were removed.

“ ‘Those machines we are throwing away and being sold for scrap metal cost half a million dollars each,’ Brown said. ‘They’re being sold for $300 of scrap metal. It makes no sense.’ “
      Postal union representatives from across the nation said the recent removal of hundreds of postal sorting machines and other directives have exacerbated the slowdown.

Comment

Of course the postal workers union and members are screaming. They are losing their jobs and they are taking out and replacing machinery because first class mail has dropped by 50+ Billion pieces per year from historic highs in the 90's and early 2000's. Post offices have been shrinking and moving to regional processing centers where the mail is ran through the machines and sent to their destinations. A piece of mail that I would send to my neighbor for example would travel 70 miles, be processed and then sent back to my local PO to be delivered. People simply don't use the first class mail system with the advent of social media, Email, text messages etc. We don't mail our bills in, we can do that automatically online. Do you mail your rent our mortgage via email? Your Power, gas or telephone bill with an enclosed check?

I don't know what you do for a living, but has your job modernized and adapted to the workflow and workload? Have they replaced computer systems and server rooms? Technology has changed and the private as well as public has had to change and adapt to these changes. This entire supposed conspiracy over the changes being made are nothing more but a far left electorate and MSM trying to use normal course of evolving to current demand and technology as a manufactured "crisis" and use it to blame Trump trying to silence voters, which is utter bullshit. The Postal unions have a vested interest in supporting this crisis because quite frankly there is no longer a need to have as many postal workers because of the lack of demand. Less workers mean less money coming in to the Union coffers and outdated and unneeded employees are going by the wayside due to technology and demand. It's sad that people are losing their jobs, but that has been happening for centuries as we learn how to modernize and increase efficiencies in our work.

As far as the cost of machines I remember spending nearly $2000 on my very first PC. MS-Dos 3.0 with dual 5.25 floppy drives. What was that PC worth 2 years later? Nothing. I have an old sedan my son used to drive, motor went out in it, The junkyard will give me $100 for it as scrap. That is call obsolescence and what something cost when it was built, has no relation to what it was worth when it was no longer needed. Look at Government auctions online, tens of thousands of examples of pennies on the dollar prices compared to what a Government originally paid for it.

As far as the Fake News about reversing changes, they HAVE came out and they have postponed changes until after the election, but the MSM won't report that.

Here is a link to the 1st class mail quantities over the decades.
        2000 Roadstar 1600 - BAK, Pumpless, Curt's manifold, Mikuni HSR42 Freedom Combat Pipes Jumbo Strong bags, PPG 'HellFire' Paint.

Comment

• GreenMachine
          GreenMachine commented
          Editing a comment
          Actually, the mainstream media has made it crystal clear and has extensively reported that any further planned changes have been postponed until after the election. I don’t know why you would call it fake news that the recently made changes have not been reversed? It is an undisputed fact that DeJoy refuses to reinstate any of the machines that were recently decommissioned.

Your characterization of what is happening to postal workers on the ground doesn’t match any of the reporting that I have seen. Did you read the story I posted? Postal workers are overtaxed with work and can’t possibly get it all done. This is all work they were able to get done on time before the recent changes. That doesn’t sound anything like the scenario you have described with people losing their jobs because of a move to automate. Quite the opposite, actually.

• Jaybo
          Jaybo commented
          Editing a comment
          Because of your quote; " no one is doing anything to solve the issue. In fact, just the opposite; DeJoy is willfully refusing to rectify the situation by (even temporarily) reversing the changes that have been implemented under his leadership. Meanwhile, election mail is about to start entering the system." is FAKE NEWS. Overtaxed with work? Yeah, OK, whatever, I guess if a MSM news outlet says it, it must be true.

• GreenMachine
          GreenMachine commented
          Editing a comment
          What is inaccurate about what I said in that quote? Dejoy is refusing to reverse the changes, the delays to mail service are still a problem, and election mail is about to enter the system. How can you possibly deny any of that? It is clear and undisputed fact.

Do you deny there are delays? Do you deny that DeJoy is refusing to reinstate the sorting machines? Or, do you deny that the election mail is about to hit the system?

Originally posted by Jaybo View Post
        Of course the postal workers union and members are screaming. They are losing their jobs and they are taking out and replacing machinery because first class mail has dropped by 50+ Billion pieces per year from historic highs in the 90's and early 2000's. Post offices have been shrinking and moving to regional processing centers where the mail is ran through the machines and sent to their destinations. A piece of mail that I would send to my neighbor for example would travel 70 miles, be processed and then sent back to my local PO to be delivered. People simply don't use the first class mail system with the advent of social media, Email, text messages etc. We don't mail our bills in, we can do that automatically online. Do you mail your rent our mortgage via email? Your Power, gas or telephone bill with an enclosed check?

I don't know what you do for a living, but has your job modernized and adapted to the workflow and workload? Have they replaced computer systems and server rooms? Technology has changed and the private as well as public has had to change and adapt to these changes. This entire supposed conspiracy over the changes being made are nothing more but a far left electorate and MSM trying to use normal course of evolving to current demand and technology as a manufactured "crisis" and use it to blame Trump trying to silence voters, which is utter bullshit. The Postal unions have a vested interest in supporting this crisis because quite frankly there is no longer a need to have as many postal workers because of the lack of demand. Less workers mean less money coming in to the Union coffers and outdated and unneeded employees are going by the wayside due to technology and demand. It's sad that people are losing their jobs, but that has been happening for centuries as we learn how to modernize and increase efficiencies in our work.

As far as the cost of machines I remember spending nearly $2000 on my very first PC. MS-Dos 3.0 with dual 5.25 floppy drives. What was that PC worth 2 years later? Nothing. I have an old sedan my son used to drive, motor went out in it, The junkyard will give me $100 for it as scrap. That is call obsolescence and what something cost when it was built, has no relation to what it was worth when it was no longer needed. Look at Government auctions online, tens of thousands of examples of pennies on the dollar prices compared to what a Government originally paid for it.

As far as the Fake News about reversing changes, they HAVE came out and they have postponed changes until after the election, but the MSM won't report that.

Here is a link to the 1st class mail quantities over the decades.
        Let me humor you for a moment, and take your assertion that this whole crisis is being manufactured by the Democrats to its logical conclusion. But first, We need to at least agree upon the basic facts. Here are the things (I think?) we can agree upon:

1. USPS has implemented recent changes that have resulted in delays to mail service. These delays continue to persist currently.

2. If delays to the mail service continue through November, they could have a damaging effect on the integrity of this election, regardless of the cause, or the reasoning behind those delays

3. If Democrats are indeed engaged in a covert campaign to leverage current delays in USPS service, with the intent to cast doubt upon the integrity of the upcoming election, it could be as damaging as any real delays.

Given the above facts, there are three possible scenarios that are being discussed as unfolding right now:

1. DeJoy has implemented changes that have had unintended consequences that have led to delays in service that could impact the November election. These changes include the removal of sorting machines, changes to truck scheduling, and the removal of collection boxes in cities. The delays and election implications created by these changes must be rectified before they have a chance to impact our election.

2. DeJoy has intentionally sabotaged USPS in all the ways stated above in scenario 1. Again, the impact upon USPS must be corrected before it can have an impact on the election.

3. The Democrats are covertly working with USPS employees to fabricate a story that the election could be threatened by delays at the post office. They are pointing specifically to decommissioned sorting machines, changes in truck scheduling, and removal of mailboxes that are directly responsible for these delays. The delays that have occurred are just minor setbacks that are a result of easily fixed issues that can be overcome without going back to the way things were before. But, the impression that the Democrats have created must be delt with in a way that will ensure confidence in the election.

When viewed solely through the lens of what is best for our democracy, the solution to the problem at hand in the first two scenarios is clear: go back to the way things were until after the election in order to ensure that the integrity of the vote is upheld. But what is the solution to the problem in scenario 3? If USPS decides to keep things as they currently stand, the Democrats will keep screaming their heads off about the threat to the integrity of the vote, and will in all likelihood contest up and down ballot results all over the country, and point to any postal service delays as justification. It would be a disaster for our democracy. But what happens if USPS reverses course, turns the sorting machines back on, and changes the truck scheduling back to the way it was, just until after the election? Even if these things were not the actual reasons for any delays in service, the Democrats argument would fall apart, and they would not be able to point at USPS service issues to challenge the election results.

If we are to take any of the three scenarios for the very real threat to democracy that each one poses, we must put aside any policy disagreements surrounding the Post Office and focus solely on how to prevent any threat to the functioning of our democracy. In each scenario, who benefits by keeping the machines offline and trucks running the way they are now? In scenario 1, no one benefits. DeJoy makes himself look bad because the delays will persist without any changes, and the election will suffer. Both sides would point the finger at the other and election results would be contested everywhere. It would be chaos. In Scenario 2, DeJoy is able to enact any malicious intent by keeping things as they are. Trump will point to the Democratic challenges that would surely arise from such nefarious acts as proof that they are trying to steal the election, when in reality they are trying to protect it. Election results would be contested everywhere. It would be chaos. In Scenario 3, the Democrats would benefit from the appearance that the machines staying offline and trucks running empty are a threat to our democracy. They could leverage their claims to cast doubt on the election, and will undoubtedly contest the results. It would be chaos. As you can see, the only people that benefit from keeping things as they are now are any nefarious actors. There is no scenario where leaving the sorting machines offline, and allowing trucks to leave for their destination before they have been loaded, is a good thing for our democracy. I would hope that we could all agree that the integrity of our democracy is FAR more important than the budget concerns of the Post Office over the next 2 months.

Comment

I have the answer.... Stop the idea of mail in ballot voting to every person dead or alive that are on the voting roles except the usual absentee ballots and the states that have a system in place that has been proven to be secure. Then no one has to worry about the postal system and Dejoy can continue to do what he was hired to do, fix the broken usps system. Easy solution. If there are a couple states that need a reason for absentee then those states should maybe have a look into a little leniency for this 1 election. But as we all know that is a state by state issue.

Comment

• davej
            davej commented
            Editing a comment
            The only concern about absentee ballots making it on time is because of the mass mail in ballot issue. They may not make it in time if they have to compete with 150 million or more mass mail in ballots. Why is it that the only solution to this election is mass mail in ballots? Never had it before and don't need it now. Panfunkingdemic or not.

• GreenMachine
            GreenMachine commented
            Editing a comment
            I’m confused. You just said allowing absentee ballots for those who want them is a good solution?

• davej
            davej commented
            Editing a comment
            what is it that confuses you about that statement? That is a possible solution requested absentee ballots. Not mass mailing of ballots. That is not a good solution and only brings up drama and other problems from both sides

there is nothing that you or anyone else can say to convince me that mass mail in voting has any purpose other than to cause a bunch of commotion and bullshit in the U.S. I also believe and will always believe that it is just another political narrative created by the dems to give them another lie to blame on Trump because they are a bunch of power hungry losers. with that I'm out of this thread because I see you are also as dug in on your opinion as I am on mine, And I'm not trying to change that.

Comment

• Jaybo
            Jaybo commented
            Editing a comment
            I'm with Dave here, 3.5 years of the Dems trying to find something to take Trump down and nothing sticks. Just another hype show that they can twist the anti Trump agenda. I'm also out, for the same reasons.

• GreenMachine
            GreenMachine commented
            Editing a comment
            davej I was confused above because I thought you were referring to the upcoming surge in absentee ballots, not universal mail in balloting. I am not, and have never been arguing for that to be the solution anywhere in this thread. I am pointing out the problems with the states that are not allowing an expansion of absentee voting; we seem to agree on the solution for that problem. I am also pointing out the threat to our democracy that is presented by allowing the USPS to continue on its current path, regardless of who may or may not be acting in malice.
            I am not trying to change your opinion about the Democrats, I am trying to show you that allowing the postal delays to continue (regardless of the reason for the delays), without turning the sorting machines back on and fixing the truck schedules WILL lead to an absolute disaster for this country no matter who is right about the motives behind what is happening. I don't understand why you would choose to check out of this conversation when faced with that scenario? Our democracy depends on us all coming together to support it in a way that builds confidence in the vote on both sides of the aisle. If we can't do that right now, we are all in for one hellacious ride.

Jaybo & davej I am going to be brutally honest with you. I think I have posed some questions that you can't or don't want to answer. I am as frustrated with that as you are, because our democracy depends on asking and answering those very questions. It's not about changing your beliefs, it's about recognizing what is about to happen.

Comment

• GreenMachine
            GreenMachine commented
            Editing a comment
            Sounds like the right decision was made in this case and thankfully there is still time to rectify the problem. That said this video is propaganda. The commentary in this video is designed to frame the issue from a particular perspective, and illicit an emotional response. I don’t dispute the validity of the judges decision, but there are good arguments on the losing side of the issue that don’t involve fraud. News reports what happened and allows the viewer to decide what to think about it. Propaganda reports what happened, then tells you what to think and feel about it.

• Jaybo
            Jaybo commented
            Editing a comment
            and the main stream media is propaganda! They frame their reporting from a far left slant, Anything trump is 95% negative, Up is down, down is up and on and on. The left doesn't mention that, because they are on the same side. Voter fraud is REAL, and the only way to solve it is with voter ID laws and some sort of technology that can assure HONEST voting.

• SuperG
            SuperG commented
            Editing a comment
            Heh - the mainstream media is "reality" based. If that *seems* to be a leftward slant, it's only because rightwing media is *not*. IOW - rightwing media has no problem telling stories that aren't true.

Mainstream media viewers value accuracy (i.e. truth) - and that's what brings home the bacon. Inaccuracy in public affairs *is* news in the sense of "man bites dog".

Rightwing media values loyalty (over truth) - that's what counts to their owners and their viewership. Inaccuracy in reporting (if it complies with conservative) political goals is encouraged. "Trust us, not your lying eyes!"

There is often some amount of bias present in any reporting. That is why it is important to seek out primary sources of information, and examine supporting evidence. I think I am smart enough to sort through that information, weigh the evidence, and make an informed decision. The problem is that we all think that. When two or more diverging reports about what has happened are present, someone likely isn’t telling the truth. Dismissing reports that contain primary source materials and supporting evidence as “fake” simply because they do not align with one’s beliefs, is not a good way of going about seeking the truth. We all are vulnerable to falling into this trap, and it is easy to fall into when the issues at hand stir up our emotions surrounding our most deeply held beliefs.

Unfortunately, enough of us have fallen into this trap, that our entire system of government is under threat of collapse. Each side believes the other is the one in the trap, but the reality is that when one half is in the trap, there is a very real chance that we are all dragged into it just before the jaws snap shut. We all need to check ourselves, set aside what others are telling us to think about each other for a moment, take a real hard look at what those in positions of power are urging us to believe, and examine what the ACTUAL EVIDENCE is to support those things. This means we must look at that evidence with our own two eyes, not listen to what someone else tells us about it. It is difficult to stay focused on this important task when there are sensationalized images of small groups of people creating chaos being used to make the case that EVERYONE who disagrees with us is a violent, radical threat to our wellbeing. This is a distorted caricature of America and Americans. Don’t believe it.

It brings me great sadness when I see that so many people believe the depiction of “the left” as a singular enemy comprised of radical, violent communists who wish to sow chaos and violence in order to take control of this country. It also brings me great sadness when I see “the right” described as a singular enemy comprised of a mob of racist gun toting nazis that will stop at nothing to take control of this country. There is a very small portion of our society that actually embodies these distorted caricatures. Those that are in power are trying to use these caricatures to keep us fighting one another. This is not who we are. If we all believe these things about each other, than the violence we are concerned about the other inflicting upon us becomes an inevitability. We are all better than that. We all contribute to this society, which affords each of us great benefits that we could not otherwise achieve without one another. We all benefit from one another in ways that we normally take for granted. Our failure to recognize this fact, and our propensity to focus on these charicatures that have been created to divide us is a grave threat to our society.

The vast majority of us want to work hard for an honest living, to send our kids to school, and to live in a peaceful society where we all respect one another despite our differences. Our nation’s survival is counting on our ability and willingness to see through the charicatures that have been set up for us as a mechanism designed to simplify and dismiss the valid concerns of our fellow Americans, and simultaneously cast each side as violent extremists.

There is a rise in violent extremism on both ends of the spectrum because our society is starting to come apart at the seams, but these extremists still represent a very small minority of Americans. Extremism is generally an expression of desperation, and we cannot allow this desperation to define ourselves or each other. To do so will enact a self fulfilling prophecy that will invoke a future filled with hate and destruction. There will always be complex issues that create division and friction in our society. Demonizing those that disagree with us is a path to a future that none of us want. A working society is one where compromise, empathy, and understanding is the norm. We have lost our way, and if we don’t come to our senses, there is much more that we stand to lose.

Comment

Voting is Essential

Now who's off topic, Lmao.

Comment

Originally posted by roadiemort View Post
              Voting is Essential

Now who's of topic, Lmao.
              Actually all of these issues coalesce, and relate back to what will happen if the vote is contested. If we can keep these things in mind if the vote is put into question, we might be able to avoid an absolute catastrophe.

Comment

If people follow this advice, imagine the chaos we will face when counting the vote. Coupled with all of the other things this man is doing to sow doubt around the election, this type of advice should be seen as an intentional assault on the integrity of the vote. At the very least this is incredibly reckless. If you see your vote hasn’t tabulated, don’t just go vote again. You would need to vote a provisional ballot. Not mentioning that very important fact is either extremely negligent or intentionally nefarious. Either way, it is bad for democracy.

Comment

Comment

This man is a LIAR, plain and simple! It is a lie that 20% of mail in ballots are rejected. According to the Elections Assistance Commission, the actual number is 1%. Scroll to pages 10-11 of the Election Administration and Voting Survey, or look at the screen shots I have attached for confirmation.

https://www.eac.gov/sites/default/fi...ive_Report.pdf

The assertion that there were more votes than people in Detroit is also patently false. There were admittedly problems, but no signs of fraud, and certainly not more votes than people.. Calling the problems that did occur “intentional” is a baseless accusation.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.fre...amp/5635528002

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.det...amp/5616629002

If any of what this guy says were true (he provides precisely ZERO accurate and factual evidence), then he should be pounding the table for the obvious, simple, and effective solution: turn the sorting machines back on, and restore the trucking schedules until after the election. The Dems would have nothing to point to as a reason for concern. Problem solved. Why is no one on the right doing this?

I have laid out ample evidence to support a different explanation of what is likely about to happen. One based on things that are actually happening right now. If a schmo off the street like me can produce tangible evidence to support my argument, someone with a show like this certainly has the resources to provide ample documentation to support their theories. All he is presenting here are accusations backed by OBVIOUS LIES. He doesn't even present a theory as to how these things could realistically be accomplished. Where are these “new votes” going to come from? Who would manufacture these fraudulent ballots? How will they be placed into the exact locations where the vote is close, and into USPS secure ballot storage before the results are even known? How will these fraudulent ballots be assigned to voters who have not already voted, when there are still outstanding votes to be counted? There are no good answers to these questions, except for the obvious one: It’s not going to happen because there are safeguards in place to prevent something like this, and it isn’t even a logistical possibility. Also notice how he dismisses the real problems with delays at the post office that are currently ongoing. Why are they irrelevant? No reason given, they just are. Ignore reality at your own peril. The only people “laying the groundwork” for postal service delays to cause problems with the election are the people who are refusing to do what should be the obvious solution: go back to the way things were when there were no delays to insure that there are no problems with ballot delivery and processing.

The results from the election will likely not be determined on election night this year because it takes time to count absentee ballots that have been postmarked by the deadline, but have not been processed by election night. People are allowed to cast their ballots and have them counted according to state laws. Votes cast later in the process, but ahead of the deadline have as much right to be counted as those that are cast earlier. A delay in the final tabulation will undoubtedly occur this year, and should be expected. There is no reason to think that is a sign of foul play.

Comment

If you get a ballot and you don't get it in by the end of the day on November 3rd, it should not count. PERIOD. If you are worried about USPS getting it there on time take it to an official ballot drop off point PERIOD. If you think voter fraud doesn't occur, Oh hell, I'm not going to go here, it's a fact and has been proven time and time again. Whatever, I said I was done and here I am again. If biden wins and it is close, I'm sure there will be recounts just as I am positive there will be if Trump wins by ANY margin there will be screaming and rioting and and "voting fraud will be claimed. Even if he wins by a landslide cities will burn. Hillary has already came out and publicly said that Biden MUST contest the vote regardless of what Margin if Trump does win. It's all part of the game plan to keep the country divided and at each others throats because that is how they are going to push us to complete and total socialism/communism and destroy our Country. Voter ID, tied to a tech system where when you die, your voter ID cannot work, If you came here undocumented you cannot get a voter ID. The current system is rife with abuse and to deny it isn't happening is pure ignorance.
                      2000 Roadstar 1600 - BAK, Pumpless, Curt's manifold, Mikuni HSR42 Freedom Combat Pipes Jumbo Strong bags, PPG 'HellFire' Paint.

Comment

• GreenMachine
                        GreenMachine commented
                        Editing a comment
                        No one is arguing that votes cast after the deadline should count. No one. I agree that using ballot drop boxes is a good option. That’s what I plan to do. But they are not available in every state and location. The Trump administration is even fighting against their use in some areas.

https://www.npr.org/2020/08/11/90106...g-legal-fights

In any case, there will be people who rely on USPS to deliver their ballots. Postal service delays WILL be problematic if they continue until Election Day. It isn’t too much to ask that the postal service do everything it can to deliver absentee ballots without delay, as they have done in every election for over 100 years.

There absolutely are cases of voter fraud. But, all the evidence I have been able to dig up says that it just doesn’t happen that much, and our system does a good job of both preventing it, and catching those that attempt it. I have seen no credible evidence to believe otherwise. If I am wrong about that, please enlighten me. I am open to being convinced otherwise, if you can produce some factual documentation to support the assertion that the system is rife with abuse. As an aside, if we are so worried about voter fraud, let’s just up the penalty to something like a 20 or 30 year minimum sentence. That would certainly make people think twice.

NO ONE who believes in democracy would utter these words. Think long and hard about what you are being asked to do by this president. Vote for him if you feel you must. But if you support him in this obvious move to delegitimize the vote, you will no longer be able to call yourself a champion of the constitution, or a supporter of democracy. In fact, anyone who supports the delegitimization of our vote, would be lying to themselves and to the world every time they called themselves an American. The United States of America does not operate this way, and the day that it does, it will no longer be the country we all claim it to be.

Comment

This is very alarming!

”According to sources in the Republican Party at the state and national levels, the Trump campaign is discussing contingency plans to bypass election results and appoint loyal electors in battleground states where Republicans hold the legislative majority. With a justification based on claims of rampant fraud, Trump would ask state legislators to set aside the popular vote and exercise their power to choose a slate of electors directly.”
                        If the vote is close, Donald Trump could easily throw the election into chaos and subvert the result. Who will stop him?

Comment

The sky has been falling since November 9, 2016. Chicken Little for Prez!

Comment

Originally posted by Shores View Post
                            The sky has been falling since November 9, 2016. Chicken Little for Prez!
                            This is coming from the horses mouth. Looking at the dark clouds forming in the presidents words, we should be prepared for a hail storm like we have never seen before. Why on earth would you dismiss what the president himself is saying? The boy who cried wolf would be a better analogy.

Comment

• I feel sorry for the non retarded dems, their party will never hold power again for a very long time.

Comment

• GreenMachine
                                GreenMachine commented
                                Editing a comment
                                If we continue on our current path, there will be no parties, only the state.

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                            Started by Lug Nut, 5 days ago
                            2 responses
                            0 likes
                            Last Post Sharpman66  
                            Started by mariner3302, 1 day ago
                            2 responses
                            0 likes
                            Last Post brianmac  
                            Started by ItBeMe, 4 days ago