No announcement yet.

Voting is Essential

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In today’s hearing, DeJoy stated under oath that he has never discussed the Post Office with the president other than when President Trump congratulated him. The two of them reportedly had a meeting on August 3rd. Why would the Postmaster General and the president meet and NOT discuss what is happening at the post office? Did they just talk about the weather?
    President Donald Trump met with United States Postmaster General Louis DeJoy at the White House last week amid his ongoing attacks on mail-in voting and ahead of DeJoy's meeting with House Speaker Nancy Pelosi and Senate Democratic Leader Chuck Schumer.

Comment

• GreenMachine
      GreenMachine commented
      Editing a comment
      If you don’t trust CNN, call your member of Congress and ask them to ask DeJoy about this on Monday, when he is scheduled to testify before the house. We need to hear the answer to this question from the horses mouth. This is too important to just remain on the sidelines watching. We all have a vested interest in this.

Comment

Here is the rest of his testimony as far as DeJoy and Trump trying to use the USPS to affect the outcome of the election https://thefederalist.com/2020/08/21...enate-hearing/

The issue is not with the USPS as far as mail in voting, We do that here in Oregon, but all of the individual states setting it up to be counted in a timely manner. This is not something Government can do either quickly, efficiently or accurately with less than 90 days to completely overhaul and change the way that voting is done. There are 9 states that currently do that, Although California is doing it for the very first time and have no track record. They are planning to mass mail these ballots, without cleaning the voting lists of people no longer living, those that have moved, etc. Absentee voting is fine, 34 states allow you to vote absentee for any reason. Only 7 states require a valid reason (and Covid is not one of them at this time) to vote absentee. Regardless of who you want to vote for this is SURE to create massive chaos in the system, and this is neither the time nor place to introduce a radical change in the way America votes with so little time to plan, implement and test for problems/accuracy issues. It is my personal belief that the push for this using Covid as the excuse, is in the game plan of the left doing anything they can to subvert or create chaos in our 244 year old voting method for no other reason than to attempt to get Trump out of office as a way to hedge their bets with the Biden/Harris ticket.

The polls need to be open and if you want to vote absentee, then you need to file for an absentee ballot so that it can be counted on Election Day.

2000 Roadstar 1600 - BAK, Pumpless, Curt's manifold, Mikuni HSR42 Freedom Combat Pipes Jumbo Strong bags, PPG 'HellFire' Paint.

Comment

• GreenMachine
        GreenMachine commented
        Editing a comment
        One thing is for sure, we are in for one hell of a ride. I'm not keen to be on this ride. The 7 states you referenced will be the contested election battlegrounds for the dems if Trump wins. If he loses, the whole country is a potential battle ground. We are in BIG BIG trouble right now.

If there is one post you read in this thread, let it be this one.

This is long, but our democracy may depend on you reading and considering everything I have to say below. Read it like your own freedom depends on it, because it very well might. I will lay out the two scenarios which I believe will likely play out. If it turns out I am wrong, I invite you all to come back to this thread and give me a ribbing of a lifetime. You can roast me like a bald tire burnout, and I will laugh right along with you, because i will be so relieved. I believe so strongly that one of these two scenarios is about to happen, that I have put every penny I have in my retirement savings into gold, which typically fares well in times of political chaos.

Before we can delve into these two scenarios, we need to establish how it will be argued that the right to vote is being limited by the pressure that is being put on the states through the president’s rhetoric designed to discourage expanding existing absentee ballot laws to all registered voters during the pandemic. It would be a common sense solution to do this. According to Jaybo, 7 have not. I will address why it makes so much sense that all states do this in the paragraphs to come. First, I need to address how the president's strategy of casting doubt on this solution by claiming it is susceptible to fraud is a two pronged strategy that will have the effect of delegitimizing the vote no matter who wins in a way that can favor the president no matter what. If you believe that all the ballots cast through the mail system are questionable, you are vulnerable to being manipulated into standing by this president if he loses, and he can call upon you to defend him so that he can attempt to stay in power illegitimately. This is the first prong: casting doubt and asking for support if the election results don’t go his way. The second prong of this attack on our democracy is to put pressure on states to limit the universal absentee ballot option (more on why that is needed below), which would be beneficial to the president, and bolster his chances of winning through the vote itself. The president himself has said he believes allowing universal absentee ballots will lower his chances of winning in November, and every political analyst out there worth their salt will agree that the more people who vote in the election, the less likely President Trump is to win re-election. So, the two pronged strategy looks like this: Gain an advantage in the election by restricting the right to vote, while at the same time casting doubt on the legitimacy of that vote in the case that he loses. If he loses, he will be calling on you to back him up, and you will need to be prepared to make an informed decision if that happens. It is a win win situation for someone who wants desperately to stay in power indefinitely. He tells us all on a regular basis that he wants to stay in power beyond the two terms he would be allowed. This should be an ominous foreshadowing of what the future might look like under this president, and a clue as to what he is trying to do right now.

Before you jump down my throat about how susceptible the vote is to fraud, there is simple solution to settle this issue: Look up your state’s absentee voting laws and procedures for yourself. It’s easy, doesn’t take that long, and it will arm you with valuable information that will aid you in your course of action if you are asked to make decisions that could be existential in determining our country’s future. Plus it has the added benefit of allowing you the opportunity to advocate for the correction of any flaws you may find in the system. It is also key to maintaining the integrity of the vote. We all must know what specific protections are being implemented and be satisfied that they are sufficient. If we believe that there are no protections, or that the protections that are in place are not adequate, the vote becomes meaningless, and our entire system of government will fail. It is key that we all know what is being done to safeguard the vote, and that the policies are sufficient to protect its integrity. There is no easier way to do this than to go straight to the source, and see what your state policy is on their government website. Do it now. If you don’t know the specifics of how your state protects the vote, you don’t know if they are doing enough, and you also leave yourself vulnerable to being manipulated into believing the vote is not secure when it very well may be. When the president makes claims of a system fraught with potential security breaches, it is your responsibility to know how the system functions and if it is indeed secure in practice. It is imperative to the future of our democracy that you know if he is telling the truth, because if he is lying to you, you very well might follow him down a path that leads to a country that you would not recognize today. The only way to do that is to educate yourself. Go look at what your state’s absentee policy is and ask yourself how it specifically might be flawed, and why it could’t safely be applied to all registered voters. If you do this, you will be able to see who is telling you the truth, and who is manipulating you. I keep harping on this, because if I am right about what I am about lay out for you, the future of our democracy depends on you doing this, and asking everyone you know to do it as well. Do it RIGHT NOW, and then come back and finish reading this post.

Let's analyze how the president’s successful pressure to refrain from offering an absentee ballot option to all registered voters will effect the electorate in states that have not implemented this option. I find that looking at two very specific voter demographics can reveal the insidious nature of this pressure. The first group is people who are infected with Covid-19 and are aware of it. If they have no mail-in option they cannot vote without putting everyone they come in contact at risk. If I had Covid-19 and lived in a state where I had to vote in person, I don’t know what I would do. I think this election is so important that I would be tempted to go vote anyway. My choices would be to not vote, or to endanger everyone I came into contact with at the polls. This is a clear case where my right to vote has been obliterated. The other group would be someone who is at high risk of complications if they contract the disease. Let’s take an example of someone, who actually represents a fair number of people in this country. Let’s take the case of an overweight man, in his late 70’s, with diabetes, and high blood pressure. He lives in a district where he must vote in person and he typically has to wait in line for 2-3 hours to vote. He has no idea if the people around him at the polling location would choose to follow guidelines that would mitigate his risk. He is scared to death to go out of the house for obvious reasons, and he has been relying on others to help him acquire the things he needs to live comfortably. This man should not be expected to risk his health and life in order to exercise his constitutional mandated right to vote. I think there is a large number of Americans that fall into this same category of risk factors. Many of them will vote in person, and some of them will undoubtedly die as a direct result of that decision. No American should die as a direct result of their decision to exercise their right to vote, when there is an easily accessible solution that can avoid the circumstances that will inevitably lead to American deaths. It is absolutely unconscionable that we have been put in a situation where this is GOING TO HAPPEN! The right to vote is not free and fair when some people will die as a direct result of their choice to exercise it. Allowing this to happen also has the side effect of suppressing turn out in high risk demographics, which is almost equally unconscionable. And let’s not forget that, while rare, the virus can kill younger people as well.

Now let’s talk about how the attack on the Post Office is potentially a win-win situation for Trump. If the post office is hampered in its ability to process ballots by the actions that have been taken recently, it will benefit him by reducing the number of votes counted in the places that have been hurt by the move to dismantle machines, reduce staff hours, and remove mailboxes. It would be very interesting to collect a comprehensive map of where these strategies have been implemented. I have my suspicions of where that might be…If the Post Office is given the resources they need to successfully facilitate the election, the seed of doubt in their ability to competently achieve this goal has already been sown, and Trump can leverage that doubt in conjunction with the doubt he has cast over the security of mail-in ballots to provide an argument as to why the election results are invalid in the case he loses. This strategy both gives him a leg up in the vote, and a place to assign blame if he loses.

I have laid out how the vote is being restricted and undermined by doubt. I have laid out who that affects. And I have laid out how the things that are playing out right now at USPS result in scenarios that benefit Trump, no matter how things break. Now, let’s delve into the two likely scenarios that are about to play out.

Scenario 1:

Debate continues to rage over the legitimacy of the vote. The president continues to cast doubt on the election. USPS may or may not remain hobbled by administration policy (more than likely will). If there is even the perception of any problems with the Post Office’s performance in facilitating our elections there will be chaos. In this scenario we will assume Trump loses the election. The results of the election will be contested all over the country on the basis that any problems with voting by mail cast doubt on the results. Both parties will be contesting results in down ballot races due to both doubt and the issues I laid out above. Trump will leverage all of the doubt about security he has cast over the election, as well as the doubt he has manufactured through his attack on the post office. He will point to all the contested elections and he will claim loudly and proudly that the election was a farce, and call upon his supporters to back him up in a plan to remain in power. You need to know what to do when this happens, so educate yourself on all the things the president is doing and claiming now, so that you can make an informed decision about who to trust and what to do if this happens.

Scenario 2:

Debate continues to rage over the legitimacy of the vote. The president continues to cast doubt on the election. USPS may or may not remain hobbled by administration policy (more than likely will). If there is even the perception of any problems with the Post Office’s performance in facilitating our elections there will be chaos. In this scenario, we will assume Trump wins the election. The Dems will contest elections all over the country claiming the vote is invalid because so many voters were denied the right to vote for the reasons I have explained above. They will likewise point to any problems with USPS as grounds for contesting the results. Again, you need to know what to do when this happens, so educate yourself on all the things the president is doing and claiming now, so that you can make an informed decision about who to trust and what to do if this happens.

This my friends, is the direction we are currently careening toward, and it isn’t good for our democracy no matter which of these scenarios comes to pass. Arm yourself now with as much PRIMARY SOURCE information as you can get your hands on. Be sure you know without a doubt how secure the vote truly is, because the future of this nation depends on you arming yourself with that knowledge and passing on that knowledge to everyone you know. That knowledge is key to the future of this nation, and is thankfully right at your fingertips. If you haven’t done it by now, GO LOOK UP YOUR STATES ABSENTEE BALLOT SECURITY PROTOCOLS. Your nation is depending on it!

Comment

• GreenMachine
        GreenMachine commented
        Editing a comment
        The link you provided distills Dejoy’s 2 hour testimony down to a single comment that is not reassuring AT ALL given all the reasons there are not to believe him.

• Jaybo
        Jaybo commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes, but its a key point, the supposed contraversy is that they are conspiring to make it a problem, which is not the case. The case is the USPS has lost billions and billions of dollars every single year for decades. If no one is using a drop box for days on end, why pay someone to check that box twice a day? People simply do not mail letters anymore. They have already said they will not remove any more until after the election, yet the left is still screaming. There are machines that don't get used anymore but there are union employees manning them. Why? ANY organization needs to modernize and adapt to demand. No one, including Trump is talking about crippling the post office. This is a manufactured crisis that has ZERO basis in reality. As far as not believing him, he has already stated there are NO changes coming until after the election and that they have POSTPONED them. Covid has affected EVERYONE including the USPS so yes, mail has slowed due to all of the requirements surrounding Covid mandates. Again, if you want to vote absentee that option is there, but you need to also allow the polling stations to be open. by encouraging absentee AND polling places being open there is no issue with voter suppression. Instituting mail in only, with polling places closed and NOT using the absentee system is guaranteed to create chaos this late in the game. regardless of your hatred of the current sitting President what the left is proposing is absolute insanity and those against him know this, and it is the end game, again, to do whatever they can to keep him from being elected by questioning the validity of the election results by trying to do something that is not proven and tested like the current absentee and polling station system.

• GreenMachine
        GreenMachine commented
        Editing a comment
        Jaybo, I want to thank you for spurring me to research more about every state's electoral response to the pandemic. For those of you that are interested, Jaybo is absolutely correct that there are 7 states where absentee or mail in ballots are not accessible to every registered voter. Those states are Arizona, Texas, Florida, Louisiana, Wyoming, Kansas, and Maine.

https://ballotpedia.org/Absentee/mail-in_voting

Of those states, depending on who you ask, Arizona, Florida, Maine, and possibly Texas are states that are considered in play for both parties.

https://www.270towin.com
        https://electoralvotemap.com/2020-battleground-states/

If the vote is indeed close in these four states, it will leave 82 electoral votes open to legitimate voter suppression claims by the Democrats. That is a lot!!!! Enough that we all should be concerned about how the election will play out in these states. The fact that a full 30% of the electoral votes required to win the presidency are going to be legitimately in question before a single ballot is even cast should make every single American citizen’s blood boil! It is a stain on our democracy that any state has allowed this to happen.

I am fully aware that operating the Post Office costs the taxpayers billions of dollars every year. It is a public service paid for with tax revenue. I am all for making cuts proportional to demand that will not affect the Post Office’s ability to perform their duties. But that is absolutely not what we are talking about here, and your characterization that there are sorting machines sitting idle while union operators sit there bilking the taxpayers is not an accurate assessment of the situation. How do I know this? Because if that were true, dismantling the sorting machines, and cutting employee hours would not have effected the Post Office’s ability to deliver the same level of service as before the cuts. Everyone around the country is seeing delays in mail service right now. The actions that have been taken go FAR beyond decreasing services to align with a decrease in demand. And they were planning to do more before they had the whistle blown on them. Don’t get me wrong, I am glad they have postponed these actions, but they need to reinstate the machines that they already mothballed before any ballots hit the system. The Post Office is clearly already overstressed by this move.

In the heavily democratic Seattle-Tacoma area where I live 40% of the sorting machines were removed. I don’t know how you can possibly come to the logical conclusion that this is a run of the mill cost saving action. It is a targeted kneecapping of the mail in only system in my state right where it will hurt the most with a clear impact that is being felt already, even before a single ballot has inundated the already stressed system.

https://www.kuow.org/stories/nearly-...ady-dismantled

I have many other concerns as well that run counter to your narrative that this crisis has zero basis in reality:

Why did USPS spokesperson Dave Partenheimer say “The Postal Service routinely moves equipment around its network as necessary to match changing mail and package volumes” when initially asked about the machines that were being dismantled? This statement is especially concerning considering the fact that internal documents show there was a plan in the works to scrap the machines since at least May. http://laborpress.org/post-offices-r...s-falls-apart/ https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/p...e-mail-sorting

Why did Dejoy state under oath today that he never discussed the Post Office with the president, when there are reports that the two of them met on August 3rd, right before DeJoy met with democratic leaders on August 5th? I want to know if that meeting happened and if so what was discussed. https://www.cnn.com/2020/08/14/polit...joy/index.html

Let’s say you are right and there is no intentional sabotage of the Post Office going on whatsoever. I am still very concerned with DeJoys job performance and the ability of the post office to make good on his promises under his leadership. He is a man that has never worked at the post office before who came in and immediately fired top executives from key posts and reshuffled more than two dozen other officials and operational managers. It is very concerning to me to see that the top people with experience running the show are not there to guide this man who didn’t make his way up through the ranks, giving him the experience to know the ins and outs of how the post office operates.This is especially concerning when seeing that his actions thus for have led to a significant reduction of the Post Office’s ability to function as we have come to expect.

I am VERY concerned by the fact that he has refused to reinstate the dismantled machines before the election, given the Post Office’s current ability to deliver the mail as normally expected.

Why did USPS send out an internal email stating: “Please message out to your respective Maintenance Managers tonight. They are not to reconnect / reinstall machines that have previously been disconnected without approval from HQ Maintenance, no matter what direction they are getting from their plant manager?” If plant managers want to turn on the machines, it’s probably because they need them to run their normal operations, don’t you think? https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/x...-general-dejoy

As you can see, I have several perfectly rational reasons, based entirely on reality that support the conclusion that something fishy is going on. This is absolutely not a manufactured crisis with zero basis in reality. The questions are valid. The answers might be too, but so far, there are none.

I think I have already made a very good case as to why your concerns with sending out universal ballots are baseless in post #8 of this thread, so I won’t go over it again except to say that there are already safeguards in place that do a very good job of preventing fraud. There are five states that are implementing automatic universal ballots: California, Nevada, Montana, New Jersey, and Vermont. https://ballotpedia.org/Absentee/mail-in_voting I suggest you read my argument in post #8 of this thread and look up how each of these states protects against voter fraud before you go saying that it would be so easy for an election to be stolen by fraudulently returning the ballots of dead people. In reality, that is the only possible way that anyone could exploit the automatic universal balloting system that could not be exploited with the absentee balloting system. Your assertion that the automatic universal balloting used by these states is new and untested is frankly bunk. The only difference between automatic universal balloting and the absentee ballot system that has been used for years is that the ballots are sent out automatically to every registered voter. All of the same time tested security protocols to validate the ballots are in place with both systems. That said, the difference in volume of the mail in vote this year will be significantly greater than ever before, and delays in the results should be an expected natural consequence.

I'm in Maryland and I just submitted my request on line for a mail in ballot. They will be sent out 30-45 days prior to the election. I suggest others do the same, if your state allows, and not wait for the system to be inundated with requests. In the county where I work, polling places have security on site 24/7 during early voting and on election day. The Sheriff's department was recently on site for the days a ballot drop box was placed there because the facility was closed. Hopefully these ballot drop boxes are able to be widely available as another option to submit your vote.

Comment

I am not scared regardless of this election... I got guns and gas. I live in a small town. I have friends who farm and raise livestock and have two refrigerators and a deep freezer. Ready for anything.
        LET'S RIDE

Comment

• GreenMachine
          GreenMachine commented
          Editing a comment
          Better to fight for what we have now, while we still got it, no?

If anyone here does come across a specific potential security flaw in their state’s absentee balloting system, please report it back here. I don’t have time to research all 50 states, and I want to know if there are valid arguments that could be made to support the case for voter fraud in the absentee systems. So far every argument I’ve seen is against the 5 states doing automatic universal balloting, and those argument do not carry water when logically scrutinized.

Comment

Watch this and explain about no chance for corruption with mail in voting
          https://www.facebook.com/watch/?ref=...in+voting+scam

Comment

• GreenMachine
            GreenMachine commented
            Editing a comment
            Dave, I’ve had some time to think about how this flaw could be exploited and while I think it is unlikely someone would risk it, here ie how I see that happening: A postal worker with a desire to cheat the election who also happens to be assigned to picking up mail from USPS collection boxes could easily pick up a few of their likeminded friends in the back of the USPS truck before they made their run. While the postal worker collected the mail from the drop boxes, their friends could be sorting any ballots by party registration and destroying the votes of their opponent. This would be hard to do without being caught as there would be records of who drove what route, and if people who dropped their ballots in those boxes made mass complaints about their ballots going missing there would likely be an investigation. All of that said, this is an unnecessary risk with an easy fix, and a few bad actors could potentially cause a lot of damage.

I am going to call the Washington State Secretary of State Office on Monday to ask if this coding system is still used, and if it is, press them hard to change it. Thank you for bringing this to my attention. I had no idea they used an easily identifiable system to denote party registration.

The above referred video gives food for thought. I am a maintenance employee at a USPS distribution center. My facility is supposed to be for processing packages, with equipment designed to sort and distribute said articles. However, I have seen so many letters and similar -sized mail come through, and , since they are going through a system designed for large and sometimes bulky packages, quite a few pieces of letter mail are lost in gaps between conveyor belts and other places., so , of course, some priority and first-class mail is not sent out promptly, until they are discovered during maintenance or repairs. I have been working in this facility for almost two decades, and , for whatever reason, the mail processing management has continued to sort mail on equipment not optimal for sorting what is put through it (think using a snow shovel to dig up a weed). Around election time, management starts harping on how the 'political mail must get processed without delay', yet they continue to send the mail through the same machinery. Because of the potential of ballots being lost in machinery (or destroyed by the same machinery) I, for one, would rather vote in person, with the belief that my vote will actually be counted. Too many times, while I was in the Navy, I was unable to get absentee ballots for state and national elections, so now, I intend to vote when I can, because "...if you don't vote and the politicians do something you don't like,you should just shut the f*** up, because you have no dog in this fight!"

Comment

Originally posted by davej View Post
            That is a Washington State ballot (where I live). Like I’ve been saying there are protocols in place to protect against this type of fraud.

”All vote-by-mail ballots (also known as absentee) are kept in secure storage while not being processed. Processing includes the verification of signatures and postmarks, removing the inner envelope from the outer envelope and removing the ballot from the inner envelope. Ballots are typically secured with numbered seals and a log is kept of the seal numbers to detect any inappropriate access.“

https://www.sos.wa.gov/elections/faq_vote_by_mail.aspx

Comment

• GreenMachine
              GreenMachine commented
              Editing a comment
              I suppose you are right that a rogue letter carrier could destroy targeted ballots if they were left in home mailboxes, but I don’t know anyone in their right mind who leaves sensitive mail in their mailbox for pickup. You are right though that this use of an easily recognizable code provides a minute opportunity for bad actors if people are extremely careless with their ballots, so it should be changed. When I get my ballot I will be interested to see if they still use this code. It is also worth mentioning that everyone can check if their ballot is received and counted online.

• davej
              davej commented
              Editing a comment
              and what is the recourse if it wasn't rec'd and counted?Answer is that there is "Nothing" you can do about it.

• GreenMachine
              GreenMachine commented
              Editing a comment
              If you catch it in time you can receive a provisional ballot. I’m not too worried about that though. I always drop my ballot at a drop box or in a USPS mailbox. This year I’m not going anywhere near the USPS mailbox, though. I would make an educated guess that almost no one uses unsecured mailboxes to turn in their ballots.

The Democrats are actually very focused on the possible outcome of trump winning the election and how they can make that not happen lol they have all these doomsday scenarios of trump staying in office and saying this and saying that. I think that is absolutely hilarious. Democrats should be focused on having a good solid candidate that represents the American people because they do not have that with Biden and Harris. They should focus on getting back in touch with regular people who vote not The Fringe few who cause trouble. To be so focused on doomsday predictions about Trump refusing to leave the White House if he doesn't win the election shows me a lot of the psychology the DNC.
            LET'S RIDE

Comment

• davej
              davej commented
              Editing a comment
              They are all still Butt hurt that Hillary didn't win and will stop at nothing including more criminal actions to beat Trump. They don't have a solid candidate so they have to try something else.

Originally posted by Lug Nut View Post
            The Democrats are actually very focused on the possible outcome of trump winning the election and how they can make that not happen lol they have all these doomsday scenarios of trump staying in office and saying this and saying that. I think that is absolutely hilarious. Democrats should be focused on having a good solid candidate that represents the American people because they do not have that with Biden and Harris. They should focus on getting back in touch with regular people who vote not The Fringe few who cause trouble. To be so focused on doomsday predictions about Trump refusing to leave the White House if he doesn't win the election shows me a lot of the psychology the DNC.
            I find it alarming that you don’t take it seriously when the president says he wants to, or should be in power beyond the designated term limit. Why doesn’t that freak you out? And why aren’t you alarmed by his undermining of the confidence in the vote itself, despite the fact that when you really look into it, there are ample electoral security protocols in place? This man is undermining many of the foundational institutions that support our democracy; there is ample reason to be worried about a doomsday scenario. Why are you not worried when faced with a president who is doing all sorts of things that are only done by autocrats? I really want to understand how you think about this because it hurts my brain. I am befuddled by this phenomenon.

Comment

• Weezil51 (Weezil)
              Weezil51 (Weezil) commented
              Editing a comment
              Where did you get the idea that we actually have adequate security measures in place for voting, particularly by injecting non Postal employees into the private collection and counting process?! Secure if we listen to that lying, worthless, evil filthy, nasty, back stabbing, perpetrator of a totally fabricated proven hoax of a US PresidentIial impeachment ..... has absolutely NO adequate degree of any type of adequate security measures built in. PERIOD!!!

• GreenMachine
              GreenMachine commented
              Editing a comment
              Go look up your states security measures and get back to me when you have a specific flaw in the system. Have you even looked at what they are doing before making a serious accusation like this?

The Post Office DOES NOT NEED A NICKEL for voting or anything!!! As a recently interviewed postal worker stated, "If we can handle the large Christmas rush of so many pieces of mail and packages in a timely fashion every year.... what makes you think we couldn't handle that volume of mail-in ballets?" ( not exact quote). Rand Paul just mentioned 2 days ago that the post office spends 80% of it's income on payroll, while UPS only spends 50% on payroll, and FedEx only spends 36% on payroll. And last year the USPS lost 87 BILLION again, as the generally do every year... because of their 'healthy' pension plan. So, should they recieve 10 to 11 billion (let alone the 25 billion pelosi wants to give them, it would all automatically go right into the USPS pension fund, since they are cable of handleing the voter mail-in ballots on the average weekly payroll as they would anyway. Give them 0$.

Comment

The Post Office DOES NOT NEED A NICKEL for voting or anything!!! As a recently interviewed postal worker stated, "If we can handle the large Christmas rush of so many pieces of mail and packages in a timely fashion every year.... what makes you think we couldn't handle that volume of mail-in ballets?" ( not exact quote). Rand Paul just mentioned 2 days ago that the post office spends 80% of it's income on payroll, while UPS only spends 50% on payroll, and FedEx only spends 36% on payroll. And last year the USPS lost 87 BILLION again, as the generally do every year... because of their 'healthy' pension plan. So, should they recieve 10 to 11 billion (let alone the 25 billion pelosi wants to give them, it would all automatically go right into the USPS pension fund, since they are cable of handleing the voter mail-in ballots on the average weekly payroll as they would anyway. Give them 0$.

Comment

• GreenMachine
                GreenMachine commented
                Editing a comment
                I have no idea where you are getting your facts?

Net loss last year was 8.8 billion.

“Controllable loss for the year was $3.4 billion, an increase of $1.5 billion compared to the prior year. The net loss for the year was $8.8 billion, an increase in net loss of $4.9 billion compared to 2018. Approximately $3.4 billion of this increase in net loss was the non-cash impact of discount rate changes on actuarial calculations affecting workers' compensation expense.”

https://about.usps.com/newsroom/nati...19-results.htm

Payroll for USPS last year was 58% at $47.519 billion
                Retirement benefits were 15% at $10.671 billion

Scroll to page 15 of their financial report for the real statistics.
                https://about.usps.com/what/financia...rts/fy2019.pdf

Originally posted by GreenMachine View Post

I find it alarming that you don’t take it seriously when the president says he wants to, or should be in power beyond the designated term limit. Why doesn’t that freak you out? And why aren’t you alarmed by his undermining of the confidence in the vote itself, despite the fact that when you really look into it, there are ample electoral security protocols in place? This man is undermining many of the foundational institutions that support our democracy; there is ample reason to be worried about a doomsday scenario. Why are you not worried when faced with a president who is doing all sorts of things that are only done by autocrats? I really want to understand how you think about this because it hurts my brain. I am befuddled by this phenomenon.
              Because he is a man who says anything that comes to mind. I don't so much support Trump... I am firmly against all prigressive/Democrat/liberal/communjst/maexist/socialist platforms. I am not worried about what Trump says because he acts rashly and others have to put him in check. I don't fear he will "stay in office" and longer than he is allowed to by law I do not think Trump supporters will take to the streets with gunS or any other doomsday scenario. I am going off data, past experience, gut level feeling, and 25 years experience as a Psychologist

I hope he wins because it is the lesser of two evils. I don't care one bit about many of the democratic/progressive complaints or ideals. I care about the economy and taxes and personal safety. I care s about my freedom to express my views without being arrested fined or fired. I don't care about climate change in the way liberals seem to understand it. I don't care about BLM or any other hot button issues.
              LET'S RIDE

Comment

• GreenMachine
                GreenMachine commented
                Editing a comment
                Thank you so much for sharing. I am glad to hear that you don’t think his supporters will support him in a third term. Let me ask you, though, how do you think they would react if he asked lawmakers to make it a law that the president can serve 3 terms, and they did it. Would that worry people? What if he did it again for a fourth, or fifth, or sixth term? Now are we worried?

Are you worried about him trying to stay in office if the vote goes to Biden? If not, how would you personally react in that situation?

I’m not worried about civilian Trump supporters taking to the streets with guns. I’m worried about special secret unidentifiable police forces. We are already seeing that being tested on the streets of our cities.

• GreenMachine
                GreenMachine commented
                Editing a comment
                Why doesn’t it worry you that others have to put him in check, as he continues to fire the people that do, and surround himself with yes men?

Holy crap! I would not let those two,try to balance my checkbook much less run a country. LMAO. I don't have to mention names most know who I am referring to. If you think they would be good for the country, you have a problem!

Comment

We don't live in a democracy, we have a Representative Republic. If you think congress can't get anything done image we ALL voted on ALL the congressional stuff? In a democracy all the citizens vote on the issues.

Comment

• Bikerron
                  Bikerron commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Implementing term limits on some of those old fossils in the house and senate would be nice.

Originally posted by davej View Post
                Apparently this coding system is only used in the primaries, which makes me feel a whole lot better, but still worth asking some questions.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.wus...b-edc50dc2c4de

Comment

This hour long discussion will air tonight on Life, Liberty & Levin on Fox News. It will repeat a few hours later.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/von...electioneering

Comment

Originally posted by Shores View Post
                    This hour long discussion will air tonight on Life, Liberty & Levin on Fox News. It will repeat a few hours later.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/von...electioneering
                    I don’t have cable, so I can’t watch this. I can imagine what the argument will be, though. I think most everyone would be on board with making door-to-door solicitation against the law. No one likes it, anyway.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by roadiemort, 08-22-2020, 04:09 AM
                    277 responses
                    1 like
                    Last Post roadiemort  
                    Started by brianmac, 1 week ago
                    67 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post brianmac