X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ctkog
    started a topic Getting your signature pic loaded

Getting your signature pic loaded

Setting up your signature pic is similar to the old forum in the sense that uploading your picture from computer to an online host site is needed. I used Tinypic.com . However there are many host sites out there that will do the trick such as flickr, Imgur, 500px, and others. So work on getting your pic uploaded to your host site first.

The steps to use after uploading your picture from your computer to your host site are these..

1. Go to > User Settings > Account > Visible Post Elements
    2. Click "edit signature"
    3. Click on the A button
    4 Find and Open the Picture/image button
    5. Copy & Paste the URL link from your picture hosting site into the top left URL field and click the URL button on the right hand side.
    6. Resize "width" and "height" by entering 200 into the "height" field ( that keeps your sig pic from being massively huge.)
    7. Click left, center, or right, depending on where you want it to appear on the signature line.
    8. Then hit "ok" and hit "save".

Below is a Snippet from the Tinypic site that I use.

Click image for larger version  Name:	v4y0k8.jpg Views:	3 Size:	44.9 KB ID:	882

Copy and paste it where you see it below. Set up everything just like below and you should be good to go!

Click image for larger version  Name:	161f8r4.jpg Views:	1 Size:	37.0 KB ID:	892

Other Helpful Tips:

If you find the link you used from your host site did not work... try copying & pasting one of the other link options that are available from the host site. One of them should work.

Note: To see the result of any sig pic save, all that is required is to visit ANY of your previous posts. The changes you make and save appear instantly across all your posts in the forum. For this reason there is no need to practice test with new posts which only create redundant postings. Let's keep the forum as clean as possible.

If you are still having trouble with your sig pic feel free to post for help. This is a very friendly site with lots of people willing to help!

Attached Files

• btbeam
    replied
    as all others have done TEST

Leave a comment:

• FDRUCaptain
    commented on 's reply
    You got it.

• shane8813
    replied
    test

Leave a comment:

• Lifeguard
    replied
    1. Test
    Holly crap I figured it out finally.

Leave a comment:

• highvoltage
    replied
    Test test test

Leave a comment:

• Milkman
    replied
    Test

Leave a comment:

• daveto
    replied
    Originally posted by Jaybo View Post

I don't know iPads but if you go to the upper right corner of this page you will see your name and a down arrow. Click on it and select "my profile". another page will pop up and you will see the grey face. tap on it and a little blue box will appear in the lower right corner of that grey face and it says edit avatar I think. tap on it and a box will appear that will have an option to upload your picture it should be pretty self explanatory after that.

Got it to to show up, thanks! I used the upload function, does that waste space here?

Leave a comment:

• daveto
    replied
    Does that let people search thru my photos? Or just view the one selected?

Leave a comment:

• Jaybo
    replied
    Originally posted by daveto View Post
    Help, not computer savvy! I found a pic of my bike on my iPad, I would like to put it as my little picture that is currently grey face. How would I accomplish this? Thank you! I will take current pics of bike this year and post as a sig later.
    I don't know iPads but if you go to the upper right corner of this page you will see your name and a down arrow. Click on it and select "my profile". another page will pop up and you will see the grey face. tap on it and a little blue box will appear in the lower right corner of that grey face and it says edit avatar I think. tap on it and a box will appear that will have an option to upload your picture it should be pretty self explanatory after that.

Leave a comment:

• daveto
    replied
    Help, not computer savvy! I found a pic of my bike on my iPad, I would like to put it as my little picture that is currently grey face. How would I accomplish this? Thank you! I will take current pics of bike this year and post as a sig later.

Leave a comment:

• Silkentek
    commented on 's reply
    I put the pic in a 'shared' folder on my google pics, if it still isn't visible, then I can do shore's FB fix. please let me know if it is visible to you guys, it has always been visible to me.

• Motorcycler
    commented on 's reply
    Just got the "boot from tinypic' email, FB swap was easy-peasy
    Thanks Shores!
    right click, copy address, -- back to RSC swap TP address to the FB address in
    "My Profile" hit the Save" button and voila!...smooth using the laptop

• tapeit59
    replied
    One more try Nope

Leave a comment:

• Shores
    replied
    Here’s the trick! I had a hell of a time figuring it out. Finally had to hire a research company to do it.
    1. Put your photo into your FaceBook account.
    2. Open the “Photos” section of your FB photo. Don’t just try to open the photo from the main page.
    3. Right click or hold your finger on the photo to “Copy” it. Don’t use “Save Image”.
    4. Then go into “My Profile” on this site and follow the second half of the instructions above.
    5. Forget about using other photo hosting sites as mentioned in this thread. Just use FaceBook.

Leave a comment:

• RonZee
    replied
    Will someone please come here to East Texas and do this for me?? Seriously, I live in a house where they don't know how to put a CD in the record player.

Holy boogers,,, I did it!!

Leave a comment:

• Jaybo
    commented on 's reply
    Yeah I don't see it either. just a minus symbol in a circle.

• Jaybo
    commented on 's reply
    what is the address your pic is hosted at?

• pinks
    commented on 's reply
    British Columbia, Canada,

• tapeit59
    replied
    Let's try this one more time Nope

Leave a comment:

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
Started by roadiemort, 03-05-2018, 07:01 PM
1,677 responses