No announcement yet.

Greetings from a potential Road Star Newbie

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congrats!! Looking forward to hearing your review after a few miles in the saddle. Share some pics and especially as you transform it into your own.

Comment

Congratulations. You are officially an owner of a great motorcycle. Enjoy, be safe and ride safe.

Comment

From Plano Texas.

Comment

Did you get that "02 you were talking about? Did you come out and work on the house? I haven't been up to Dewey in about 7 years I bet it's grown since I was there. There was a pretty decent little hole-in-the-wall Chinese restaurant on the right as you go into Prescott Valley, best one I found down there. There is / was a place called Kendell's World Famous Hamburgers on the courthouse square in downtown Prescott. Someone told me it wasn't there anymore but I can't confirm that. If it is there, it's a pretty good hamburger and they have an old fashioned soda fountain / ice cream parlor inside, kinda cool. Of course, if you haven't already, you'll want to see Sedona, one of the most awesome places on Earth in my opinion. The ghost town of Jarrell isn't far from there, for a ghost town there's sure a lot of people there. It's an artsy-fartsy tourist trap with the town built into the side of the mountain. Check out The Sliding Jail (yes, it slid down the mountain) and grab lunch at The Haunted Hamburger. Sit on the balcony and enjoy an unobstructed view of the entire Verde Valley. There's so much to see and do here, you'll love it.

Sedona

Comment

• LeLimoMan
            LeLimoMan commented
            Editing a comment
            The deal is done! I bought the bike on Wednesday and went out on a three hour “get acquainted” ride on Saturday morning. Very happy and just what I wanted. All the good comments are warranted. Damn thing is a torque monster. Twisted the throttle hard coming onto RT89 and was closing in on 100 MPH before I knew it. Thank God for the backrest. It helped me to hang onto the beast while the horses did their thing.

Didn’t get any painting done, but were busy nonetheless. Also bought a car to keep at the house. Tired of renting every time we go out. It adds up fast. Right now our trips out are more focused on working on the house, but we did take a ride out to Cherry and beyond, which is behind my house. There are fire roads all over the place and they provide some pretty spectacular scenery.

• Father Pobasturd
            Father Pobasturd commented
            Editing a comment
            I've been to Cherry. Sounds like you live in my old neighborhood. If there's a place out there where a guy has a foam pit set up in his yard for practicing tricks on a dirt bike, that's the place. I rode a lot of those fire roads. I had a 1999 Triumph Tiger 900 Dual Sport bike specifically for that purpose. Watch it going on 69 from I-17 to Dewey through Mayer. That road is heavily patrolled, especially from Mayer To Prescott Valley. Go up to 169 and it's not so bad. I found my old address in Dewey. It's 17575 Old Cherry Road. Big Doublewide on a few acres up on a hill with a really nice 2 car garage out back. The old couple we rented from were nudists, and were very open about it. Had to be careful making unannounced visits there.

from Arkansas. I did like you and found this place before I bought mi Roadstar. A little time on here and my mind was made up.
          looking at the pics that FP posted that looks like an awesome area.
          I worked in Safford for a couple weeks in August. It was so dry they were spraying our job site down with water trucks all day long every day.
          on the way home we went through salt river canyon. It was awesome.

Comment

• Father Pobasturd
            Father Pobasturd commented
            Editing a comment
            Safford in August must have been at least 115 out there. Salt river canyon on motorcycle is one sweet ride. I got to do it on my Triumph Trophy 1200.

• AR. Hillbilly
            AR. Hillbilly commented
            Editing a comment
            It was very hot. I felt like all my skin was gonna fall off. I’d love to see that canyon on a motorcycle and I’d love to take dirt or sand toys to Safford. We saw some badass buggies out there. I really want to ride ATVsin the desert.

I'm not 35 miles from Boston... you're giving me an itch to leave! BUT, we've 6 children, 5 g'kids, and 2 more of those on the way... and they all live right here! The wife won't leave 'em!!! Will I leave the wife?!?!?!? No way, not on your life, or anyone else's!!!!

Comment

• LeLimoMan
            LeLimoMan commented
            Editing a comment
            Smart man! My wife wouldn’t consider a move as long as her parents were alive. They’ve been gone two years now. She still has brothers here, but we all have to live our lives they way that makes us happy. I have a 29 year old son who lives in Webster and he is NOT happy about our move. (We are very close). Told him the move isn’t about him, it’s about what’s best for us. We have offered/suggested he move out with us. We have plenty of room for him to stay with us until he gets on his own feet. He’d love the area, the lifestyle and there is plenty of work available to meet his
            talents. But he’s whipped by his psycho GF. He’ll learn eventually.

from the Arklatex

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by midnitmike, 5 hours ago
          3 responses
          1 like
          Last Post Lug Nut
          by Lug Nut

Started by JoeBloShmo, 3 hours ago
          3 responses