Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello From Airway Heights Washington State

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Hello From Airway Heights Washington State

    Just a quick hello ..

    My bike is a 2004, Silverado 1700.

    Been having charging problems. Had a guy test it today, and tells me the stator and rectifier are bad.

    So will be going on a hunt for information within the forum to do the job myself, and also to find a reputable place to order OEM parts from..

    Any way.. Howdy and thanks for letting me join up


  • #2
    Welcome to the clinic from Puyallup Washington. Where is airway heights? check out the Western Washington Riders Meetup group. We are a free local riding group and do group rides weekly in a lot of cool back roads in the area.

    Comment


    • Blackcloud12
      Blackcloud12 commented
      Editing a comment
      Couple minutes west of Spokane- home of Fairchild AFB

  • #3
    From the Oregon Coast

    Comment


    • #4
      from Northern California. It's not uncommon for rectifiers to go bad; whatever you do, stay away from the cheap ones. It's best to go with OEM.

      Our site sponsor is Rock River Powersports, check the link at the bottom of the page. Partzilla and Yamaha Sports Plaza are also good sources.

      Comment


      • #5

        Comment


        • #6
          Representing Scorpion Gulch, Arizona.

          Comment


          • #7

            Comment


            • #8
              From Madera,Ca

              Comment


              • #9
                From Plano Texas.

                Comment


                • #10
                  Originally posted by Shores View Post
                  Welcome to the clinic from Puyallup Washington. Where is airway heights? check out the Western Washington Riders Meetup group. We are a free local riding group and do group rides weekly in a lot of cool back roads in the area.
                  Airway Heights is just West of Spokane on highway 2, still in Spokane county.

                  Comment


                  • #11
                    EL Paso, TX


                    Click image for larger version

Name:	#1.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	43.1 KB
ID:	106385

                    Comment


                    • #12
                      With enough beer you can do anything...D.Pate

                      Comment


                      • #13
                        Welcome from Bay Area California.

                        Comment


                        • #14
                          from Solon, IA. As mentioned earlier, give our site sponsor Rock River a look for the parts. There are some knowledgeable folks here that can help you along the way for doing the installation. If you're replacing both parts you may look to using 05+ parts as the charging system has a higher output.

                          Comment


                          • #15
                            Howdy from the Valley! Your bike looks familiar........hahaha

                            Comment


                            • #16
                              Beautiful bike!

                              from Airlie, Oregon!
                              2000 Roadstar 1600 - BAK, Pumpless, Curt's manifold, Mikuni HSR42 Freedom Combat Pipes Jumbo Strong bags, PPG 'HellFire' Paint.

                              Comment


                              • #17
                                Hey guys and gals... Thank you for the warm welcome !

                                Comment


                                • #18
                                  from Athens, Georgia.
                                  That's a nice scooter you got there,Bubba.
                                  Enjoy the ride !
                                  I love the smell of smoked pork in the morning !

                                  Comment


                                  • #19
                                    Originally posted by Georgei View Post
                                    Just a quick hello ..

                                    My bike is a 2004, Silverado 1700.

                                    Been having charging problems. Had a guy test it today, and tells me the stator and rectifier are bad.

                                    So will be going on a hunt for information within the forum to do the job myself, and also to find a reputable place to order OEM parts from..

                                    Any way.. Howdy and thanks for letting me join up

                                    Order factory OEM parts and make sure you get 2005+ as it's higher capacity. Easy job and there is a great writeup on here. On tip is when you unscrew the three bolts that hold the stator in place they will be in there TIGHT. mine had screw heads and I had to use a micro torch to heat them up good to get them to loosen. Replace with stainless alle head bolts. Make sure to use dielectric grease in the electrical plug/connector when plugging in. Other than that it's a straightforward job.
                                    LET'S RIDE

                                    Comment


                                    • #20
                                      Originally posted by Lug Nut View Post

                                      Order factory OEM parts and make sure you get 2005+ as it's higher capacity. Easy job and there is a great writeup on here. On tip is when you unscrew the three bolts that hold the stator in place they will be in there TIGHT. mine had screw heads and I had to use a micro torch to heat them up good to get them to loosen. Replace with stainless alle head bolts. Make sure to use dielectric grease in the electrical plug/connector when plugging in. Other than that it's a straightforward job.
                                      Thanks for all that Lug Nut .. I called Rock River Powersports and the girl I talked to was not completely sure so she is calling me back tomorrow after she checks with Jodi to be sure about the 05 upgrade..

                                      Any hooo... Thanks for the extra tips, and will let ya know how the replacement job goes.. I am guessing there will be quite a wait due to mailing.. Until then I am riding off battery power and carrying an extra battery with me..

                                      Comment

                                      Latest Posts

                                      Collapse

                                      Topics Statistics Last Post
                                      Started by Lug Nut, 5 days ago
                                      2 responses
                                      166 views
                                      0 likes
                                      Last Post Sharpman66  
                                      Started by mariner3302, 1 day ago
                                      2 responses
                                      120 views
                                      0 likes
                                      Last Post brianmac  
                                      Started by ItBeMe, 4 days ago
                                      9 responses
                                      190 views
                                      3 likes
                                      Last Post brianmac  
                                      Started by Phix, 3 days ago
                                      6 responses
                                      113 views
                                      0 likes
                                      Last Post Sharpman66  
                                      Started by Lug Nut, 3 days ago
                                      3 responses
                                      195 views
                                      0 likes
                                      Last Post Sharpman66  
                                      Started by Jokke75, 5 days ago
                                      16 responses
                                      97 views
                                      1 like
                                      Last Post Sharpman66  
                                      Started by Lucky, 6 days ago
                                      13 responses
                                      221 views
                                      0 likes
                                      Last Post Sharpman66  
                                      Started by lowriderbob, 2 days ago
                                      17 responses
                                      285 views
                                      2 likes
                                      Last Post Sharpman66  
                                      Started by Darkkill57, 2 days ago
                                      15 responses
                                      169 views
                                      0 likes
                                      Last Post lowriderbob  
                                      Started by lowriderbob, 1 day ago
                                      5 responses
                                      148 views
                                      0 likes
                                      Last Post Lug Nut
                                      by Lug Nut
                                       
                                      Started by roadiemort, 08-22-2020, 03:09 AM
                                      215 responses
                                      1,188 views
                                      1 like
                                      Last Post roadiemort  
                                      Started by DEEPHATE, 5 days ago
                                      5 responses
                                      136 views
                                      0 likes
                                      Last Post MikeyC
                                      by MikeyC
                                       
                                      Started by Lug Nut, 1 week ago
                                      18 responses
                                      237 views
                                      1 like
                                      Last Post Lug Nut
                                      by Lug Nut
                                       
                                      Started by dennishiggins, 2 days ago
                                      2 responses
                                      40 views
                                      0 likes
                                      Last Post dennishiggins  
                                      Started by roadiemort, 06-16-2020, 10:30 AM
                                      51 responses
                                      846 views
                                      0 likes
                                      Last Post roadiemort  
                                      Started by Shores, 2 weeks ago
                                      9 responses
                                      183 views
                                      0 likes
                                      Last Post roadiemort  
                                      Started by roadiemort, 2 days ago
                                      3 responses
                                      107 views
                                      0 likes
                                      Last Post Jclevesque  
                                      Started by ItBeMe, 3 days ago
                                      4 responses
                                      100 views
                                      0 likes
                                      Last Post Doc_V
                                      by Doc_V
                                       
                                      Started by Father Pobasturd, 05-24-2019, 02:51 PM
                                      1,023 responses
                                      12,160 views
                                      2 likes
                                      Last Post DEEPHATE  
                                      Started by D-Fresh, 3 days ago
                                      4 responses
                                      73 views
                                      0 likes
                                      Last Post Shores
                                      by Shores
                                       
                                      Working...
                                      X