X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2008 for $3500

Schmokin deal!

https://seattle.craigslist.org/see/m...053085956.html

Stock 33k mile Road Star with leather bags...._worth about $2500. The market is crazy low right now for metrics....I've seen more Road Stars for under $2k-$3k asking price than I ever would have thought possible. Great deals are out there for cars/trucks/boats/bikes....just picked up a one owner low mileage cream puff Cadillac Deville DHS perfect no accidents/paint work full service history at Cadilac dealership new Michelin tires...pretty much like brand new condition for dirt cheap. Seems like everyone is broke and has to sell OR are buying brand new and have to sell...I plan on buying more Road Stars in the future and seriously doubt in would ever spend more than $2k on one again

maybe the economy is strong enough people are upgrading to newer stuff? Not sure but it is definitely a buyers market.
    LET'S RIDE

Comment

Dealer seller so not bad price, seller with terms can ask for more. Some of his other stuff. https://seattle.craigslist.org/searc...serid=41135014

Comment

• roadiemort
        roadiemort commented
        Editing a comment
        The windshield chrome looks suspect.

Originally posted by Lug Nut View Post
      Stock 33k mile Road Star with leather bags...._worth about $2500. The market is crazy low right now for metrics....I've seen more Road Stars for under $2k-$3k asking price than I ever would have thought possible. Great deals are out there for cars/trucks/boats/bikes....just picked up a one owner low mileage cream puff Cadillac Deville DHS perfect no accidents/paint work full service history at Cadilac dealership new Michelin tires...pretty much like brand new condition for dirt cheap. Seems like everyone is broke and has to sell OR are buying brand new and have to sell...I plan on buying more Road Stars in the future and seriously doubt in would ever spend more than $2k on one again

maybe the economy is strong enough people are upgrading to newer stuff? Not sure but it is definitely a buyers market.
      Not in the PNW. Prices and economy are high. Great price for a fuelie. I doubt you’ve seen many fuelies for under $3K.

Comment

I've come across 3 2008+ Road Stars past couple months with 15k-25k miles...asking $3k - $4k ange and after talking to them got them down as far as $2500. Winter is the time to buy. I'm glad I like my bikes because I sure couldn't get much for 3 old Yamahas anymore!
        LET'S RIDE

Comment

Typically the F.I. bikes do seem to hold better, but right now Roadstar resale is totally in the toilet. No one wants them, except the people who frequent these pages. Average retail $3710 on NADA.

Comment

Damn good looking bike. I would not sale mine for that, with that being said. I would like to know why our bikes suck on resale? Is it because of the marketing on the H brand? American Made? You know i never buy anything to resale it's not in my mindset but really, here's a question. How does the Consumer see our bike, like a piece of Japanese shit? My bike has never let me down. I will never sale my bike! All i know is my son will get my R when i cannot ride anymore

Comment

• Spydr
              Spydr commented
              Editing a comment
              Despite reliably, our Japanese bikes are not given the credibility that HD has. Mostly due to the mindset of HD owners. Many former members Here have sold their Roadstars to "Trade Up" to a HD. I don't understand that mindset... But then, I don't Have to. Do I?

I do wish I had more free cash, I'd love to snag a low mile 08+ R*
            2000 Roadstar 1600 - BAK, Pumpless, Curt's manifold, Mikuni HSR42 Freedom Combat Pipes Jumbo Strong bags, PPG 'HellFire' Paint.

Comment

My best bud just grabbed an all-stock '14 Silverado with under 10k miles at a local dealer... They were asking $9k. He bought it for $7,500. But, he wanted as late and low-mileage an example as he could find. He just recently retired, and he believes it'll be his "last" bike. I was there with him to look it all over... Yami really had changed and upgraded an awful lot on them by the end of the model run. Shame they didn't sell any better than they did. Perhaps I should have mentioned... It had been sitting there in their used inventory for a year and a half! (asking $9k, is that any wonder???) I'd have loved a truly late model one... Had they gone back to the early, classic, two-toned paint schemes! I love my '99 red and ivory tins I put on my '01.

Comment

• roadiemort
                roadiemort commented
                Editing a comment
                https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q4X45S65biI

• Questcap
                Questcap commented
                Editing a comment
                Whoa! Looks exactly like that one! Same color and everything! This even looks as good as that one, as we were not able to find so much as a scratch or dent to indicate it wasn't like new... other than the 9,741 miles on the odometer. They'd even put new rubber on it. Anyway, I still wouldn't have paid $7,500 for it, but he was willing... that's all that mattered, right?

Maybe $4k-5k for a 10k mile perfect 2014. Maybe. They just have no resale at all. If he likes it and will keep it and use it for 10 years then that's fine. As long as he realizes he couldn't sell if for much when the time comes
              LET'S RIDE

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by Pauli466, 1 hour ago
              5 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post Tropicalrs  
              Started by Tsilk87, 1 hour ago
              1 response
              0 likes