Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

colapsable pushrod tubes

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • colapsable pushrod tubes

    lookimg for pics and opinions. i'm getting ready to order adjustable pushrods and considering colapsable pushrod tubes. i don't
    t see giving $300+ for these. where else should i look? im looking at Pacific Coast Star.

  • #2
    I think davej has them

    Comment


    • #3
      Go right to Patrick Racing. That is where Pacific Coast star gets them. Getting the adjustable pushrods is useless without the collapsible tubes. You will be in there a couple times adjusting them and you don't want to disassemble the top covers to remove the solid tubes to do it. The adjustable end goes on the bottom and the tube slide up to get to the adjusters. With the tube it takes only minutes to do.

      Just curious why are you getting adjustable push rods? If your thought is that it will help adjust the Roadstar valve train noise I'll tell you now that it won't. The noise is from the top end and the valve synchronization/rocker adjustment and not due to the length of the push rod. I have them due to the high lift cams I installed.

      Comment


      • #4
        Dave I don’t think I’m getting enough lifter preload. This isn’t normal roadster noise. It started after I sucked the air cleaner but in the front cylinder. I believe the aftermarket head gasket was thicker or???
        ive checked the rocker syncroadjuster twice. I can’t find anything wrong with the lifter. Remember I didn’t get one pushrods in right the first try and I’ve considered it possibly messed up. I don’t want to throw $500 at this and fail.

        Comment


        • #5
          Air cleaner nut lol
          This noise only happens after its very warm and freewheeling. You can hear a bit of it at idle when warm

          Comment


          • #6
            I hope the pic I posted with my explanation help. If you get the push rods get the tubes. Get them from Patrick Racing and if you have any questions Nigil Patrick can guide you in getting things correct. He is a very helpful and nice guy that will talk to you on the phone if needed. Like I said in the other post, PCS gets their products from Patrick Racing so cut out them as the middle man. Also PCS can't help you at all with any questions, they only sell the products.

            Comment


            • #7
              Why not start with replacing the head gaskets with OEM ones? It seems to me this would be a lot less costly than the route you are taking right now to correct an issue that may not be the problem. I've been following your dilemma but must have missed somewhere that you had used aftermarket gaskets when you put it back together.

              Rod

              Comment


              • #8
                I’m seriously considering pulling the head and starting over and getting over gaskets. We’re remodeling at home and free time is non existent so I’m sort of looking for a quick fix. There is no one around here that I trust to do this nor anyone much that works on metric bikes. The mechanic at the local dealer is a young pimple faced punk. He won’t be working on my stuff

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by AR. Hillbilly View Post
                  I’m seriously considering pulling the head and starting over and getting over gaskets. We’re remodeling at home and free time is non existent so I’m sort of looking for a quick fix. There is no one around here that I trust to do this nor anyone much that works on metric bikes. The mechanic at the local dealer is a young pimple faced punk. He won’t be working on my stuff
                  I just turned 60 last month every young guy is a pimple faced punk, and all the girl's look to young to leer at. This is a dilemma. I'm a lecher, but not a pedophile.

                  Just my $.02, but as noisy as these bikes are, I can't even begin to comprehend a concept where something is a little noisier.

                  You need to be drinking more, worrying less, and taking your girlfriend to dinner everytime you think you need to cure something that may not really be a problem.

                  You'll be happier, and get laid more(if that's an option? You may be getting more then your fair share already).

                  Worst case something will fail, and you'll have to drop $800 on a motor. Best case? Nothing will happen except for a lot of fooling around, good food, and a nice buzz.

                  ...and some remodeling.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Hell I had the jugs off on mine and didn't get laid for it.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by davej View Post
                      Hell I had the jugs off on mine and didn't get laid for it.
                      Are you sure you did it right?


                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by SKWEARpeg View Post

                        I just turned 60 last month every young guy is a pimple faced punk, and all the girl's look to young to leer at. This is a dilemma. I'm a lecher, but not a pedophile.

                        Just my $.02, but as noisy as these bikes are, I can't even begin to comprehend a concept where something is a little noisier.

                        You need to be drinking more, worrying less, and taking your girlfriend to dinner everytime you think you need to cure something that may not really be a problem.

                        You'll be happier, and get laid more(if that's an option? You may be getting more then your fair share already).

                        Worst case something will fail, and you'll have to drop $800 on a motor. Best case? Nothing will happen except for a lot of fooling around, good food, and a nice buzz.

                        ...and some remodeling.
                        But but but if we get far from home and the ole rattle trap blows up and we's stranded and fixin to spend a big coin to get us and Whitey home i wont get laid for 30 years That will put me past my expiration.
                        i

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          It’s been how many miles, since you used the top of the piston for an anvil? If it’s still going strong except for a small noise that sometimes you can’t hear, I think you’ll wear the pencil to a nub, before the motor quits.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by SKWEARpeg View Post

                            Are you sure you did it right?

                            No,I guess I should have stopped with the head like AR did.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by SKWEARpeg View Post
                              It’s been how many miles, since you used the top of the piston for an anvil? If it’s still going strong except for a small noise that sometimes you can’t hear, I think you’ll wear the pencil to a nub, before the motor quits.
                              Yes I figure I put ??? 5000 or so since the mishap..
                              Dave who says I got lucky after I pulled the head off Whitey? All I got out of that was some lifter noise. LOL

                              Comment


                              • #16
                                Originally posted by AR. Hillbilly View Post


                                Dave who says I got lucky after I pulled the head off Whitey? All I got out of that was some lifter noise. LOL


                                Comment


                                • #17
                                  5000 miles and it’s still running strong. People who are unfamiliar with Roadies think they’re about to collapse in a heap at the next stoplight.
                                  Heck. I’ll ride my Springer for a bit(where I hear the wind mostly)and then get on my other bike with the shield, and “That doesn’t sound good “ is my first thought. The warmer it is, the more noise it makes.
                                  Did you make it to the M&G at ES last fall. Did anybody else think there was an issue?
                                  I’m a big fan of spending to boost the economy, but when it comes to lifter/rocker noise, I think I’d want some more opinions from a few guys who were knowledgeable about the racket Roadies make.
                                  The old Forum always had a new Roadie owner from time to time, who was bound and determined to stop a noise that has been typical on bikes with several 100k miles. Some have claimed success.
                                  If you’re sure it’s not right, press on. IMHO, if it’s not there all the time, I’d think it wasn’t really a mechanical issue. I don’t doubt it’d be easy to be concerned after “the nut” issue, but I’d of thought if something was going to let go, it would have by now.

                                  I’ll quit pestering you now. Lol Good luck with it

                                  Comment


                                  • #18
                                    I run wide open exhaust and hear it over that. It’s much noisier than the previous 24000 miles put on that bike. It makes my iron head sportster sound smoothe and several heard it at the meet n greet and were very concerned. I’ve heard a lot of roadies over the years and never heard a rattle like this. On the flip you’re not pestering me and I’m havin a good time with the positivity n the post.

                                    Comment


                                    • #19
                                      HI, AR,
                                      I had an 01 and it rattled like crazy ( the 02 I have doesnt) had the top end down 2 or 3 times times adjusting checking Everything checked out. I road it everywhere mountains 2 up fully loaded. If you have had it apart and v/v clearances are okay , lifters are holding timing is correct then ride it . Good luck

                                      Comment

                                      Latest Posts

                                      Collapse

                                      Topics Statistics Last Post
                                      Started by GNR10, 1 day ago
                                      3 responses
                                      34 views
                                      0 likes
                                      Last Post Bikerron  
                                      Started by brianmac, 2 hours ago
                                      5 responses
                                      24 views
                                      0 likes
                                      Last Post Bikerron  
                                      Started by Pauli466, 18 hours ago
                                      5 responses
                                      52 views
                                      0 likes
                                      Last Post Pauli466  
                                      Started by jjvw, 1 week ago
                                      11 responses
                                      292 views
                                      0 likes
                                      Last Post brianmac  
                                      Started by roadiemort, 7 hours ago
                                      1 response
                                      25 views
                                      1 like
                                      Last Post Chromepony  
                                      Started by ItBeMe, 1 week ago
                                      14 responses
                                      217 views
                                      0 likes
                                      Last Post Bikerron  
                                      Started by Kenkaman, 1 day ago
                                      11 responses
                                      98 views
                                      0 likes
                                      Last Post texasscott1  
                                      Started by Parhamj, 20 hours ago
                                      1 response
                                      40 views
                                      0 likes
                                      Last Post Bikerron  
                                      Started by Ret HPD, 1 day ago
                                      3 responses
                                      45 views
                                      0 likes
                                      Last Post Lug Nut
                                      by Lug Nut
                                       
                                      Started by gold03, 1 week ago
                                      7 responses
                                      177 views
                                      0 likes
                                      Last Post gold03
                                      by gold03
                                       
                                      Started by Lucky, 4 days ago
                                      19 responses
                                      180 views
                                      2 likes
                                      Last Post Lucky
                                      by Lucky
                                       
                                      Started by Father Pobasturd, 1 day ago
                                      2 responses
                                      32 views
                                      0 likes
                                      Last Post Spydr
                                      by Spydr
                                       
                                      Started by cap-tech, 3 weeks ago
                                      11 responses
                                      272 views
                                      2 likes
                                      Last Post Vicious
                                      by Vicious
                                       
                                      Started by Pauli466, 1 week ago
                                      28 responses
                                      334 views
                                      0 likes
                                      Last Post Father Pobasturd  
                                      Started by GNR10, 1 week ago
                                      20 responses
                                      67 views
                                      0 likes
                                      Last Post roadiemort  
                                      Started by Jaybo, 4 days ago
                                      6 responses
                                      105 views
                                      0 likes
                                      Last Post jd750ace  
                                      Started by oldbw, 1 week ago
                                      9 responses
                                      183 views
                                      0 likes
                                      Last Post oldbw
                                      by oldbw
                                       
                                      Started by Pauli466, 5 days ago
                                      7 responses
                                      109 views
                                      0 likes
                                      Last Post ItBeMe
                                      by ItBeMe
                                       
                                      Started by cike, 1 week ago
                                      12 responses
                                      208 views
                                      0 likes
                                      Last Post Lucky
                                      by Lucky
                                       
                                      Started by Ret HPD, 2 weeks ago
                                      14 responses
                                      238 views
                                      0 likes
                                      Last Post Ret HPD
                                      by Ret HPD
                                       
                                      Working...
                                      X