Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spydr
    commented on 's reply
    Nothing like getting arrested for assault & battery because some idiot tried to Kill you. Gotta Love our legal systen!

• Deerkiller
    replied

Let it go is usually the best option. Gets you home and on with your life with nothing but a story.

Still doesn’t hurt to carry a gun and know how to use it in case you actually need to defend yourself against someone who is trying to do you harm. Shooting someone isn’t like in the movies though. All kids of legal headaches...

Punching someone in the face (or whatever) isn’t like the movies either. Good way to break your hand and then how are you going to go to work, ride the bike, etc?

Leave a comment:

• Lug Nut
    replied
    Gun. Not a club. Not a whip. Sure as fuck not pepper spray. Gun. Period. Or don't carry anything at all. I carry daily and am 6ft 2in 245 lbs and strong and relatively trained in self defense....but in would never do anything overly aggressive to a car....they killed us on accident by texting....sure don't want a 3000lb-8000lb vehicle all pissed off at you...especially considering that most new cars/trucks are as fast or faster than out bikes. Just let it go until you get to a stop and then do something....but never while riding. Sucks to be on a bike because it's almost impossible to follow a car, get the plate number, video an altercation call the police all while riding....just isn't going to happen.

just learn to let it go and realize you can't control what other people do on how they think. You CAN follow them and flatten all their tires and beat the shit out of them (if no cameras/witnesses).

Leave a comment:

• J89k
    commented on 's reply
    You've mentioned living in Tucson. I do too, this happened on Speedway. I was wearing a helmet while I was on the road. I've never pepper sprayed anyone before, but I think I can figure out which way is forward.

• Lucky
    replied
    Pepper spray? What if it goes in your eyes?

Leave a comment:

• J89k
    started a topic Road Rage

Road Rage

I was on the receiving end of a road rage incident for the first time yesterday while I was on the bike. I was on a three lane road near the edge of town riding in the middle lane. The speed limit was 35. I was going probably 47-50 miles per hour. I had probably half a block of open road in front of me before a red light. A man in a Camry pulled out into my lane and slammed on his brakes in an attempt to brake check me. I braked hard and briefly locked the rear tire. There was some fishtailing but I managed to maintain control of the bike and stay upright. I then attempted to go around the car in the right lane, the driver of the car cut me off a second time (at much lower speed). I then attempted to go around the car in the bike lane and the driver drove into the bike lane to stop me from going around him. At this point the driver of the car had me in a position where I was completely stopped and had to back up the bike to go around him on the left. He then exited his vehicle and was screaming at me that I deserved to die for driving like a jack ass (speeding) and was trying to fight me.

After backing the bike up I did what, after some reflection, I probably shouldnt have done, and kicked out his left rear taillight as I took off... I took a right and sped off to my destination that was probably only three blocks away (the grocery store). At first I didn't see the driver was following me, but a minute or two after parking my bike, there he was in the parking lot. He again exited his car and screamed at me for what felt like 5-7 minutes. I was being kind of a smartass back and telling him to move along. I briefly considered walking away and going in to the store, but then I didnt want to leave my bike to get thrashed by this man who obviously has anger issues. He went to drive off and I watched him as he was driving away. He pulled a U turn and came back because "I was staring him down." Really, i was just watching to make sure he was actually leaving. Upon his return he screamed for another 5 minutes or so.

At this point we have spectators pulling out cell phones to video tape. I myself had left my cell at home for this grocery run so I didn't have a phone on me to call the cops. Once others started taping him he finally decided to leave.

i stayed on my bike in the parking lot for about 10 minutes (to ensure he wasnt coming back a third time). I then proceeded to buy my groceries for the Monday Night Football game.

This whole ordeal took between 15-20 minutes. It is the first time I've ever been on the receiving end of anyones road rage (in a car or on a bike). I never really thought anyone would purposefully attempt to injure me with their car. I now know this to be untrue.

I've been replaying the incident in my head over and over to consider what I could have done to avoid the incident. I suppose slow down is one of those things (though I was probably only going about 5 mph faster than the flow of traffic). I also obviously shouldnt have kicked out dude's tail light (though it is some consolation that that asshole needs to spend a few bucks to replace his plastic). I also learned that the bike lane is not a very good emergency escape path.

I don't carry any weapons on me or the bike. I'm considering getting some pepper spray. I think a nice shot of pepper spray would have ended the altercation when the man exited his car the first time (in the middle of the road). What do you guys think? Is this a bad idea? Have you ever experienced someone else's road rage? Particularly on the bike.

Stay safe out there. People are nuts.

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
Started by JD64k, 03-27-2018, 06:39 PM
165 responses
3 likes
Last Post Lucky
by Lucky

Started by Knutselsmurf, 1 day ago
19 responses
0 likes