Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spydr
    commented on 's reply
    Nope. Not what I'm talking about. Are you saying you get NO wind coming Over your tank & Up into your face?

• brianmac
    replied
    You know having a motorcycle is also about self-expression and everybody is different. Lately I've been getting old stickers I'm putting them all over my saddle bags, amsoil,Indian,Ducati oil STP Ron Jon gorilla on a motorcycle easy Rider I'm going to fill them up with stickers yeah I'm crazy I might even a queen and polish it someday

Leave a comment:

• brianmac
    replied
    I used to be six foot I'm 5-11 now I have never even bother with the lower insert on the OEM Shields I never see air coming underneath as a problem down here in Florida I'm only keeping my head and face my glasses out of the wind I do have a set of lowers that I rarely use if I remember that small piece of thin polycarbonate at the bottom you could move it up and down to keep air from coming underneath I just throw them in a pile in my garage

Leave a comment:

• Father Pobasturd
    commented on 's reply
    Well, like I said, Old School. And, as Alice Cooper said, School's out forever.

• Horsehammerr
    replied
    Well my '01 Midnight has a Trunk , rear Fender Rack , TourClassic Leather Bags , NO passenger anythings , STOCK OEM SEAT , 4" Pro-One Tach Risers , 12" Bagger Apes , Short OEM Windshield w/Two Bags behind the shield and a 108000 miles . KOOOL enough for me !!! Oh yeah ! Forgot , Engine Guard w/Highway Pegs and Shores design Lowers on Windshield . Did it myself Roadwing w/ RAP on Flip and Grind Relay for 2" lowering , RaceTech springs and Gold Emulators in Front . Floorboards moved forward 3" and UP 1 1/2" , Wolo Big Bad Boy horn , Victory grips KOOL Did I say BUB JUG HUGGER exhaust ? How 'bout DIY Bags lowered 3" !

Leave a comment:

• Father Pobasturd
    replied
    The Old School rule of thumb is, if you have a windshield, or bags, or a fairing, or any combination thereof, you have a cop bike, otherwise referred to as a garbage scow. This places you in the un-cool category. If you have ape hangers and little else, then you are in the cool category, and never the twain shall meet.

Leave a comment:

• Spydr
    commented on 's reply
    It's far more hassle than it's worth to post pics lately.

• Horsehammerr
    replied
    I guess you too are picture posting challenged .

Leave a comment:

• Spydr
    commented on 's reply
    BTW... How Tall are you, Brian?

• Spydr
    replied
    Sounds like you found a good solution, Brian.
    But what about that wind that goes *below* the windshield, *over your tank and blows *UP* into your face?

I never completely solved That problem, even with the stock windshield configuration. It seems that if you push the windshield 2" forward, you make a bigger wind tunnel.

Did your mod lessen that updraft somehow?

Leave a comment:

• brianmac
    started a topic Ape hangers with Windshield solution

Ape hangers with Windshield solution

There are those that's say ape hangers with a windshield is Goofy. But as somebody that rides daily over 55 miles an hour I wouldn't leave home without it and the ape hangers solved my numbness in the fingers plus they look pretty cool and give you more leverage for slow turns. But that's besides the point I had the stock windshield tilt it up because ape hangers tilt forward. This created turbulencea buffetting issues as well as contributed to the overall instability or squirrely factor at speed. I needed to move the bottom part of the windscreen forward a few inches. I'm not a machinist so I looked at all my brackets buckets couldn't find anything That would work. What I wound up doing was piggybacking two sets OEM windshield bracket a short o e m windshield Yamaha, drill two holes on each side bracket to hold them together giving me laika a little bit of Lyft and a little bit of 2in forward which puts the wind Shields at the perfect angle. I tested it at 65 and it's good. I had to jigsaw off some of the lower part of windshield to clear passing lamps but it is good to go. And it allows more space Florida windshield mounted sunglass/odds and ends pack.winwin ifn your like me you have two or three windshields laying around

​​​

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
Started by J89k, 15 hours ago
11 responses
0 likes
Last Post Lug Nut
by Lug Nut

Started by Kevin Di, 16 hours ago
10 responses
0 likes