Announcement

Collapse

Flagging spam

if you see a spam post, don't reply or comment on it. Just flag it. We get those flag reports and take action. That action is pretty simple. If the post is obviously spam we delete and then check few boxes to delete all other posts by that user and ban them permanently. If the post is questionable as spam then we can suspend the user and then send them a message to work it out.
So when it doubt - Flag The Post
See more
See less

Brakes on??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brakes on??

Got up early yesterday morning to get a little ride in and play Scavenger Hunt before the oppressive heat reared it's ugly head. Monsoon season is underway here, and, with it, High humidity, flash floods and freaky wind conditions, haboobs, raining mudballs, all kinds of trippy shit. And friggin' tumbleweeds everywhere! Anyway, so, I'm riding along and, for some reason, every time I let off the throttle it feels like someone put the brakes on just a little. No strange noises or anything just this sensation of slowing faster than usual, like regenerative braking. When I stopped for my photo shoot, I checked my brakes, and there was no excessive heat in those areas. So, I turned around to go back home, and poof! It's gone! Relieved as I was, I still couldn't figure out what was going on. Then, I encountered a big truck coming the opposite direction, and that's when I figured out what it was. It was my new windshield. On the way to the fruit stand I was bucking a headwind, and when I let off the throttle the wind force on the windshield was slowing the bike in a way I'm not used to. Then, when I turned around and it quit doing it, I'm like, OK, it quit, that's cool. Soon as I got the wind blast off the truck I realized it was the same thing, albeit artificially generated by the truck but the feeling was the same pretty much. Ever since my clutch started slipping a little I'm paranoid about my bike's fragile condition, though I could probably ride it another year or two with as little as I get to ride, but I'm a spoiled brat and I wanna be able to grab a handfull of throttle anytime I want, and I know if I do it with the clutch slipping it's just gonna cost me more, As of now it's only slipped twice and I have backed out of if as soon as I felt it slip, so I'm thinkin' I an still get by with just a new EBC spring. It's not like I continually flog the thing, but every now and then, that rush of power puts a big smile on my face and does wonders to adjust a shitty attitude. So September I'll have the funds to fix it, still on the fence on attempting it myself, I wouldn't turn away any offers of help, but I'm not gonna beg for it , I still have a little dignity left. I may have enough cash to just take it somewhere and get 'er done, we will see. I'm hoping.

[/URL] [URL=https://www.use.com/949853ccd3c3a769b01c][/URL][/CENTER]" class="bbcode-attachment align_center" alt="" />

It is very easy, especially if you're just doing the EBC, just watch the rotation of the clutch shaft as you pull the cover off and it makes more sense when you go to put the cover back on. Have something to set the cover on, I have not unplugged that wire as I couldn't find the plug so I just set the cover on a box next to the bike. Also, a box lid with a diagram to put the bolts on so you know which bolts go where. But you've probably read it all on here dozen times before.
    Life is tough, it's even tougher if your stupid----John Wayne

Comment

Exact same problem with me. Slipping clutch.. highway, windshield and wind. I have to use lower gears and build RPM sometimes. Passing cars is not fun anymore due to the slipping clutch. On a good note it has tamed me down, I am learning to ride slower.

Comment

• MikeyC
        MikeyC commented
        Editing a comment
        That's no fun. I'm taming down too.

Different note, I slipped my Barnett clutch the other day. Loping up a slight hill about 55 or 60, wife on the back, geared up with a week's worth of stuff in the pouring rain. Got a clear spot and just cranked the throttle and spun the clutch, had to back off until I felt it catch then rolled into it pretty hard and it worked.
      Life is tough, it's even tougher if your stupid----John Wayne

Comment

• Deerkiller
        Deerkiller commented
        Editing a comment
        You sure it wasn’t tire slipping in the rain?

• MikeyC
        MikeyC commented
        Editing a comment
        Didn't seem to get squirrely.

you guys know enuf not to use automotive oils right......?

Comment

• MikeyC
        MikeyC commented
        Editing a comment
        Yeppers, Mobil 1 v twin 20-50

Doubt you slipped the Barnett clutch IF you have good OEM clutch plates.

Comment

• Smokescreens
        Smokescreens commented
        Editing a comment
        if its properly adjusted at least

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by Overkill jones, 6 days ago
    32 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post davej