Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So what'd do on your bike today?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • So what'd do on your bike today?

    Could be an interesting topic, so I'll start

    Been plugging away on getting the little do-dads done, spending some time to get a winters worth of grunge scrubbed off of the bike. Did some chrome polishing, the new rear disc mounted along with new brake pads got the old stock carb taken off, and the new HSR42 lined up, but will need cables for sure, the +6 braided ones won't fit in the receiver on the carb. Got my engine breather mounted too, off the lower horn mount. Also got my Freedom Combat series pipes bolted up too. The heat shield mounting was a PITA! Having fat fingers sucks at least outside of the bedroom... Anyway, some pics are in order...

    Click image for larger version  Name:	20180310_161754.jpg Views:	4 Size:	132.3 KB ID:	7083
    Click image for larger version  Name:	20180310_161828.jpg Views:	2 Size:	162.1 KB ID:	7085
    Click image for larger version  Name:	20180310_161844.jpg Views:	2 Size:	200.7 KB ID:	7087
    Click image for larger version  Name:	20180310_161711.jpg Views:	2 Size:	170.7 KB ID:	7089
    Click image for larger version  Name:	20180310_161722.jpg Views:	2 Size:	146.7 KB ID:	7091

    How about you?
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Jaybo; 03-10-2018, 07:42 PM. Reason: Tags

    2000 Roadstar 1600 - BAK, Pumpless, Curt's manifold, Mikuni HSR42 Freedom Combat Pipes Jumbo Strong bags, PPG 'HellFire' Paint.

  • #2
    Dog gone, Jaybo. You've been busy...doin' a fine job, too !
    Rainin' cats & dogs in Georgia today. Fired mine up & just listened to it idle.
    I love the smell of smoked pork in the morning !

    Comment


    • #3
      Jay, those pipes are bitchin! Cleaned mine today for a ride tomorrow with 22 riders. A couple riders are hosting us all for lunch at their place on Fox Island, WA.

      “The West is the Best" - Jim Morrison

      Comment


      • #4
        I got the tires off of my wheels, replacing old bridestones with Avon cobras.
        will clean and repack wheel bearings.
        will be replacing rear pads.
        pulled the forks off to at least replace the oil.
        pulled the steering head, to clean and repack bearings.
        After all of this, will be installing a trunk.
        2005 Silverado Midnight Star

        Comment


        • #5
          I bought a bunch of stock 2002 midnight Roadstar parts and some aftermarket parts cheap locally

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Shores View Post
            Jay, those pipes are bitchin! Cleaned mine today for a ride tomorrow with 22 riders. A couple riders are hosting us all for lunch at their place on Fox Island, WA.
            Yeah, I saw a bunch of riders out this morning on my way over to my painter guys shop. Was a great day for a ride and tomorrow is supposed to be even nicer tomorrow. Be safe tomorrow!

            2000 Roadstar 1600 - BAK, Pumpless, Curt's manifold, Mikuni HSR42 Freedom Combat Pipes Jumbo Strong bags, PPG 'HellFire' Paint.

            Comment


            • #7
              I looked at photos of it and thought about riding it. Does that count? Nice work brother.
              Last edited by Doc_V; 03-10-2018, 08:24 PM.

              Comment


              • #8
                Putting Parts Back On After Paint... And Installing New Speakers, Amp & Wiring.
                Attached Files

                Comment


                • Roadstar Rich
                  Roadstar Rich commented
                  Editing a comment
                  You will need to buy gaskets and drill the holes for latches. At Least I had to with mine.

                • Spydr
                  Spydr commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Whew!!! They're REALLY Proud of those lids on Ebay!
                  Too rich for My blood.

                • Roadstar Rich
                  Roadstar Rich commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I hear ya.
                  I got mine for about half that thru a forum member.
                  Just keep your eyes open, you might get lucky too.

              • #9
                Polished the rear fender with my back while I was staining a TV cabinet I'm making.

                I like what you got goin on there, Jaybo.

                Comment


                • #10
                  Tried not to bump it with the truck while it's under a cover on the dolly in the garage. Pittsburgh weather sucks.

                  Comment


                  • #11
                    South Central Kansas got up to 71 degrees with only 8mph winds today. Had a funeral to attend and pay respects early afternoon, but got in around a hundred miles on bike over the backroads afterwards. Really nice to get out on the bike and clear the mind a bit.

                    Comment


                    • Jaybo
                      Jaybo commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Yeah hoping my painter gets to painting soon. Going to have a little pinstriping done too.

                  • #12
                    Jaybo, looks nice !! How do you like the exhaust ? Haven't done crap to mine, it's ready to roll. Going to check out another R* tomorrow for cheap. I think I'm thinking about building a bobber. Then I'm going to have tons to do.

                    Comment


                    • #13
                      Jaybo, Looking AWESOME! Can't wait to see it done. Lots of busy guys out there. I pulled the primary, rear wheel and swing arm on project bike and replaced the belt with the proper belt and re-assembled. Then went for a 350 mile ride. Hit some slick spots and that course sand they put on the roads. Every time you start getting comfortable and hitting the twisties 'SLIPPPP' and it's back down to the speed limit. I thought Jenetta peed her pants on the last one, I almost did.
                      Life is tough, it's even tougher if your stupid----John Wayne

                      Comment


                      • #14

                        Absolutely nothing...didn't even see it.





                        Comment


                        • #15
                          It,s tomorrow now.

                          Comment


                          • #16
                            Looks goog Jaybo. I like that exhaust. Does the engine exhaust breather really help the bike?

                            Comment


                            • #17
                              Originally posted by Jaybo View Post
                              Could be an interesting topic, so I'll start

                              Been plugging away on getting the little do-dads done, spending some time to get a winters worth of grunge scrubbed off of the bike. Did some chrome polishing, the new rear disc mounted along with new brake pads got the old stock carb taken off, and the new HSR42 lined up, but will need cables for sure, the +6 braided ones won't fit in the receiver on the carb. Got my engine breather mounted too, off the lower horn mount. Also got my Freedom Combat series pipes bolted up too. The heat shield mounting was a PITA! Having fat fingers sucks at least outside of the bedroom... Anyway, some pics are in order...

                              Click image for larger version Name:	20180310_161754.jpg Views:	4 Size:	132.3 KB ID:	7083
                              Click image for larger version Name:	20180310_161828.jpg Views:	2 Size:	162.1 KB ID:	7085
                              Click image for larger version Name:	20180310_161844.jpg Views:	2 Size:	200.7 KB ID:	7087
                              Click image for larger version Name:	20180310_161711.jpg Views:	2 Size:	170.7 KB ID:	7089
                              Click image for larger version Name:	20180310_161722.jpg Views:	2 Size:	146.7 KB ID:	7091

                              How about you?
                              You'll have fun when it's time to change the gear oil. Mine is a PITA cause of the pipes! But I do like those pipes!!

                              Comment


                              • #18
                                Rode it for about an hour and half, wish it could have been longer!. Can't get enough of that Roadwing!

                                Comment


                                • #19
                                  Originally posted by YZ18 View Post
                                  Looks goog Jaybo. I like that exhaust. Does the engine exhaust breather really help the bike?
                                  It normally is vented to the back of the air cleaner where it will end up slowly accumulating on the bottom of the filter and when it eventually gets saturated enough, mists it all over the right side of the gear case.

                                  2000 Roadstar 1600 - BAK, Pumpless, Curt's manifold, Mikuni HSR42 Freedom Combat Pipes Jumbo Strong bags, PPG 'HellFire' Paint.

                                  Comment


                                  • #20
                                    Replacing the rear tire so I had to inspect the swingarm bearings and bushing. Click image for larger version  Name:	swingarm031018.jpg Views:	1 Size:	175.4 KB ID:	7190
                                    Attached Files
                                    Last edited by Jeaston; 1 week ago. Reason: update







                                    This space intentionally left blank

                                    Comment

                                    Latest Posts

                                    Collapse

                                    Topics Statistics Last Post
                                    Started by Doc_V, 02-28-2018, 10:17 AM
                                    8 responses
                                    164 views
                                    0 likes
                                    Last Post Horsehammerr  
                                    Started by roadiemort, 03-05-2018, 07:01 PM
                                    523 responses
                                    4,612 views
                                    3 likes
                                    Last Post LDofDC
                                    by LDofDC
                                     
                                    Started by Questcap, 3 weeks ago
                                    28 responses
                                    461 views
                                    3 likes
                                    Last Post Questcap  
                                    Started by sta-lor, 03-19-2018, 05:03 PM
                                    9 responses
                                    202 views
                                    0 likes
                                    Last Post H.d.U
                                    by H.d.U
                                     
                                    Started by roadiemort, 16 hours ago
                                    18 responses
                                    139 views
                                    0 likes
                                    Last Post roadiemort  
                                    Started by FDRUCaptain, 3 days ago
                                    45 responses
                                    567 views
                                    0 likes
                                    Last Post geraint
                                    by geraint
                                     
                                    Started by K.Conant, 1 week ago
                                    7 responses
                                    180 views
                                    0 likes
                                    Last Post BLKACE
                                    by BLKACE
                                     
                                    Started by Mdowl17, 12 hours ago
                                    2 responses
                                    47 views
                                    0 likes
                                    Last Post Duke
                                    by Duke
                                     
                                    Started by JD64k, 3 weeks ago
                                    32 responses
                                    538 views
                                    1 like
                                    Last Post Chooch
                                    by Chooch
                                     
                                    Started by Assocracer, 14 hours ago
                                    6 responses
                                    37 views
                                    0 likes
                                    Last Post Assocracer  
                                    Started by geraint, 17 hours ago
                                    15 responses
                                    86 views
                                    0 likes
                                    Last Post Father Pobasturd  
                                    Started by FDRUCaptain, 1 week ago
                                    50 responses
                                    446 views
                                    4 likes
                                    Last Post Assocracer  
                                    Started by G_Conway, 15 hours ago
                                    1 response
                                    29 views
                                    0 likes
                                    Last Post roadiemort  
                                    Started by Tykes_Place, 02-13-2018, 11:49 PM
                                    35 responses
                                    1,641 views
                                    4 likes
                                    Last Post Assocracer  
                                    Started by Tykes_Place, 1 day ago
                                    14 responses
                                    195 views
                                    0 likes
                                    Last Post HotRod
                                    by HotRod
                                     
                                    Started by BubbaKahuna, 21 hours ago
                                    5 responses
                                    69 views
                                    0 likes
                                    Last Post jd750ace  
                                    Started by Peter G, 1 day ago
                                    14 responses
                                    168 views
                                    0 likes
                                    Last Post Chromepony  
                                    Started by YZ18, 16 hours ago
                                    2 responses
                                    44 views
                                    0 likes
                                    Last Post roadiemort  
                                    Started by Jaybo, 03-10-2018, 07:31 PM
                                    100 responses
                                    1,489 views
                                    1 like
                                    Last Post Jaybo
                                    by Jaybo
                                     
                                    Started by davej, 02-27-2018, 12:05 PM
                                    6 responses
                                    224 views
                                    5 likes
                                    Last Post davej
                                    by davej
                                     
                                    Working...
                                    X