Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My first vinyl wrap experiment... Whudya think?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #21
    Originally posted by Father Pobasturd View Post
    That looks pretty damn good. Your pinstriping is a bit wonky in places, but over all, damn good for a first try.



    My nephew Vinyled his whole car , it Amazed me how Very Cool it turned out. First try turned out with a few bubbles here and there , but a little heat and time made it hard to find any more.

    Comment


    • #22
      Wow real nice Doc!!!

      Comment


      • #23
        It looks great, never thought about wrapping.

        Comment


        • #24
          Awesome. I now have a cost effective way to make my fairing match my bike when I get one, hopefully next year.

          Comment


          • #25
            Looks great ! Nice work

            Comment


            • #26
              Looks real good to me and if some one points to a bubble tell them blind Freddy would be pleased to see it

              Comment


              • #27
                Doc, it looks really good for a first try!

                if you leave it out in the sun for a day or two, it will bake the wrap and most if not all of the bubbles will disappear.

                Ratl.

                Comment


                • #28
                  it's been a few days, and there are still some bubbles... Unfortunately, the only wrap that came close to matching my paint was a no-name brand I had to order from China. Oh well, still not bad and like I said, it's an experiment. We'll see. If they're not gone in a week or so I may just do the old pin-prick trick.
                  Last edited by Doc_V; 07-11-2018, 10:12 AM.

                  Comment


                  • #29
                    From the pics I see it looks awesome. I got a lot of practice workin vinyl on my old stock cars. I never got good at it . You done good

                    Comment


                    • #30
                      It looks great! You did a nice job!!
                      All these extra nuts and bolts go somewhere... oh well, I'll figure it out later.

                      Comment


                      • #31
                        good job. you inspired me, I bought some vivid gloss black and applied to my tank. two tries... watched a lot of youtube vids.

                        Comment


                        • #32
                          Originally posted by orthogonal View Post
                          good job. you inspired me, I bought some vivid gloss black and applied to my tank. two tries... watched a lot of youtube vids.
                          Wait a min! Are you telling me that's gloss black vinyl on your tank in the attached photo??? If so, DAUM! Nice work! The tank is way complicated but boy it looks good! Did you use one piece for each side and split it down the middle of the tank so the seam is under your bib? Cuz that's what I was thinking bout doing... Can you post some more photos? Warts and all?

                          BTW Like the oldschool look of your bike. Especially the dulled, almost nickel, look of the chrome. Is that a coating or did you just use some Scotch Brite pads to scuff it up?
                          Last edited by Doc_V; 08-03-2018, 12:50 AM.

                          Comment


                          • #33
                            Looks great Lance

                            Comment


                            • #34
                              Originally posted by MJScore View Post
                              Looks great Lance
                              Thanks Mike! BTW, what ever came of your remote dyno tuning; have you had a chance to try it out yet?

                              Comment


                              • #35
                                Doc you have inspired me to ad some pinstripes to my fairing this weekend. Thanks for posting the pics.
                                Go ahead, I dare ya.

                                Comment


                                • #36
                                  Glad to be of service.. After all, that is what we're here for isn't it; to help spend each other's money?

                                  Be sure to post some photos!

                                  Comment


                                  • #37
                                    Great looking job!!!!

                                    Comment


                                    • #38
                                      Originally posted by Doc_V View Post

                                      Thanks Mike! BTW, what ever came of your remote dyno tuning; have you had a chance to try it out yet?
                                      Not yet Lance. Indian is going to put new rods and pistons in my bike as part of the service bulletin on the 116 kit. I hope to have that completed in a couple of weeks. I will then do the remote tuning.

                                      Comment


                                      • Doc_V
                                        Doc_V commented
                                        Editing a comment
                                        Be sure to keep us posted! ...I sense an FI bike in my future at some point, so I'm interested to hear how it all goes.
                                        Last edited by Doc_V; 08-06-2018, 03:16 PM.

                                    • #39
                                      Originally posted by Doc_V View Post

                                      Wait a min! Are you telling me that's gloss black vinyl on your tank in the attached photo??? If so, DAUM! Nice work! The tank is way complicated but boy it looks good! Did you use one piece for each side and split it down the middle of the tank so the seam is under your bib? Cuz that's what I was thinking bout doing... Can you post some more photos? Warts and all?

                                      BTW Like the oldschool look of your bike. Especially the dulled, almost nickel, look of the chrome. Is that a coating or did you just use some Scotch Brite pads to scuff it up?
                                      Thanx. Yea each side is its own piece of vinyl. And yes i did scotch brite chrome things like sissy bar and some of the motor till i got tired, that chrime is much harder i found

                                      ill post some pics w bib off, that thing really covers up the wrinkles, it was all i coul do to make it wrinkle free to bib edges

                                      Comment


                                      • #40
                                        Originally posted by orthogonal View Post

                                        Thanx. Yea each side is its own piece of vinyl. And yes i did scotch brite chrome things like sissy bar and some of the motor till i got tired, that chrime is much harder i found

                                        ill post some pics w bib off, that thing really covers up the wrinkles, it was all i coul do to make it wrinkle free to bib edges
                                        In some of the videos I've watched they used three pieces for the tank; two for the sides and one for the center, but I think the bib makes it way easier.

                                        Comment

                                        Latest Posts

                                        Collapse

                                        Topics Statistics Last Post
                                        Started by roadiemort, 03-05-2018, 08:01 PM
                                        2,852 responses
                                        24,071 views
                                        3 likes
                                        Last Post roadiemort  
                                        Started by zingpow, 5 days ago
                                        35 responses
                                        340 views
                                        0 likes
                                        Last Post Father Pobasturd  
                                        Started by Shores, 11 hours ago
                                        6 responses
                                        47 views
                                        1 like
                                        Last Post Father Pobasturd  
                                        Started by Father Pobasturd, 5 hours ago
                                        9 responses
                                        6 views
                                        0 likes
                                        Last Post Father Pobasturd  
                                        Started by Smokescreens, 4 weeks ago
                                        21 responses
                                        288 views
                                        0 likes
                                        Last Post Shores
                                        by Shores
                                         
                                        Started by jd750ace, 5 days ago
                                        47 responses
                                        610 views
                                        0 likes
                                        Last Post RonK
                                        by RonK
                                         
                                        Started by grubsie, 2 days ago
                                        6 responses
                                        145 views
                                        2 likes
                                        Last Post grubsie
                                        by grubsie
                                         
                                        Started by Shores, 1 day ago
                                        4 responses
                                        87 views
                                        0 likes
                                        Last Post grubsie
                                        by grubsie
                                         
                                        Started by Johnrocks, 2 days ago
                                        4 responses
                                        141 views
                                        0 likes
                                        Last Post Derailed75  
                                        Started by Jeaston, 1 day ago
                                        0 responses
                                        71 views
                                        0 likes
                                        Last Post Jeaston
                                        by Jeaston
                                         
                                        Started by viking, 2 days ago
                                        2 responses
                                        101 views
                                        1 like
                                        Last Post viking
                                        by viking
                                         
                                        Started by Lifeguard, 2 days ago
                                        7 responses
                                        131 views
                                        0 likes
                                        Last Post Tykes_Place  
                                        Started by Txulrich, 04-24-2018, 01:12 PM
                                        642 responses
                                        3,589 views
                                        0 likes
                                        Last Post LDofDC
                                        by LDofDC
                                         
                                        Started by RonK, 3 days ago
                                        12 responses
                                        144 views
                                        0 likes
                                        Last Post scottw
                                        by scottw
                                         
                                        Started by Chksbak, 5 days ago
                                        28 responses
                                        231 views
                                        0 likes
                                        Last Post highvoltage  
                                        Started by cike, 4 days ago
                                        6 responses
                                        181 views
                                        0 likes
                                        Last Post cike
                                        by cike
                                         
                                        Started by davej, 4 days ago
                                        6 responses
                                        180 views
                                        0 likes
                                        Last Post Littlebull  
                                        Started by Jeaston, 1 week ago
                                        27 responses
                                        241 views
                                        0 likes
                                        Last Post Jeaston
                                        by Jeaston
                                         
                                        Started by scottw, 1 week ago
                                        16 responses
                                        200 views
                                        0 likes
                                        Last Post MidwestMike  
                                        Started by Jed Milhorne, 3 weeks ago
                                        49 responses
                                        840 views
                                        0 likes
                                        Last Post BSeward
                                        by BSeward
                                         
                                        Working...
                                        X