X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NCB
    started a topic K&N filter brackets

K&N filter brackets

For those using this filter, what did you make the mounting brackets from. What size material and so on?

• Questcap
    commented on 's reply
    So, there isn't a direct way to go from Picassa to RSC? Somehow, I just knew that was going to be the case... to which I said the heck with it... it's just a bunch of BS. I can't stand 'modern' technology... it aggravates the heck out of me! And, I generally do not care... if it isn't simple enough for me... it's not simple enough....

• Jclevesque
    replied
    I got it fastened just with the hose clamp. I had the 66V (round one) before with brackets and always had issues sealing around the carb mouth. I have since purchased the same one above and have never had any issues with it holding on. Its real light so cant be a problem pulling down on the carb.

Leave a comment:

• NCB
    replied
    Originally posted by Shores View Post

Do you mean no screws into the back of the KN? I doubt the sealant will hold. Just use sheet metal screws through holes in the aluminum and then into the rubber backing of the KN with sealant on the threads. Then the other ends of the aluminum bolted to the upper two original holes in the engine cylinders.
    Good idea!
    I used that same sealant to secure a wire from my over head lights on my truck to the edge of the window trim. Only used a couple of tabs of sealant. It has been secure for four years thru many touchless car washes and up to 80 mph on the highway. It's some good stuff!!

Leave a comment:

• Shores
    replied
    Originally posted by NCB View Post
    What if I used 1" x 1/8" alum stock drilled some holes in the alum for the sealant to adhere to and used black silicone sealant to adhere to back of filter housing and then attach to the motor using the original mounting hole. That way I could avoid any mishaps with something getting into the carb. I'm just looking for some extra support on the filter so not to pull of the carb. Opinions?
    Do you mean no screws into the back of the KN? I doubt the sealant will hold. Just use sheet metal screws through holes in the aluminum and then into the rubber backing of the KN with sealant on the threads. Then the other ends of the aluminum bolted to the upper two original holes in the engine cylinders.

Leave a comment:

• NCB
    replied
    What if I used 1" x 1/8" alum stock drilled some holes in the alum for the sealant to adhere to and used black silicone sealant to adhere to back of filter housing and then attach to the motor using the original mounting hole. That way I could avoid any mishaps with something getting into the carb. I'm just looking for some extra support on the filter so not to pull of the carb. Opinions?

Leave a comment:

• NCB
    replied
    Originally posted by Questcap View Post
    I cut one from aluminum street sign. It's pretty heavy duty stuff... uh, the town didn't need that particular sign anyway... they told me so! Really!

I'd post a picture, but I can't figure out how to get a picture from Picassa to here............
    Save the pic to your computer and then upload to the RSC.

Leave a comment:

• Questcap
    replied
    I cut one from aluminum street sign. It's pretty heavy duty stuff... uh, the town didn't need that particular sign anyway... they told me so! Really!

I'd post a picture, but I can't figure out how to get a picture from Picassa to here............

Leave a comment:

• Shores
    replied
    1/8”x 3/4” aluminum strap. The one on the left/rear of the filter has a spacer between it and the cylinder. Some folks just bend the strap instead.

Leave a comment:

• FDRUCaptain
    commented on 's reply
    I don't believe so. I got it from him over 4 years ago. Never saw him around much after that.

• NCB
    replied
    Originally posted by FDRUCaptain View Post
    I have one of the brackets that Roadiedude used to make. It's one piece of stainless that's polished. The filter neck goes through a hole in the center of the bracket. The bracket then has two holes, one on each side of the main hole for screws to mount the bracket to the back of the filter. I used Phillips head pan screws and wingnuts. I reversed the wing nuts so that the wings would go against the rubber backing as I used a screwdriver to tighten them up. Has worked great against vibration so far. Then the hole thing is held on to the motor with the filter hose clamp and the top two factory aircleaner mounting locations and factory bolts .
    Is he still around?

Leave a comment:

• FDRUCaptain
    replied
    I have one of the brackets that Roadiedude used to make. It's one piece of stainless that's polished. The filter neck goes through a hole in the center of the bracket. The bracket then has two holes, one on each side of the main hole for screws to mount the bracket to the back of the filter. I used Phillips head pan screws and wingnuts. I reversed the wing nuts so that the wings would go against the rubber backing as I used a screwdriver to tighten them up. Has worked great against vibration so far. Then the hole thing is held on to the motor with the filter hose clamp and the top two factory aircleaner mounting locations and factory bolts .

Leave a comment:

• AR. Hillbilly
    replied
    I made mine from 1/8” x 1” flat. I bolted it to the front head and back of the air cleaner. I used a nylock lock nut but it still worked loose and found its way in to my front cylinder and caused damage that’s still haunting me. It’s been fine with no bracket ever since.

Leave a comment:

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
Started by Father Pobasturd, 13 hours ago
6 responses
0 likes
Last Post davej
by davej

Started by drumsonly2002, 37 minutes ago
1 response
0 likes