Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shores
    commented on 's reply
    To chart calls for 8 oz in our front and 9 oz in our rear with 25% more if desired. I put 12 oz in both. I'm sure it will work better if the nailer screw stays in. The reason I rotated it and drilled multiple holes is too ensure that I was maybe drilling into where the gel had migrated when the tire was just sitting. I do like the way it balances as well as the way Dyna Beads balance but I will give Ride On the benefit of the doubt for puncture protection.

• MikeyC
    replied
    Steve! You need to use the edge of your tires more! You could get twice the mileage

Leave a comment:

• Tropicalrs
    replied
    I agree it works for nails and screws that stay. It has worked for me. I had a screw that the head was worn down from me riding on it. Didn’t notice an air leak so I didn’t look for a problem. That could be a negative.

Leave a comment:

• Tykes_Place
    replied
    Maybe you don't have enough in the tire? I did the same thing last time I changed. Drilled 1/16" holes. I got a little bit of air then the slime started coming out, gelled up, then stopped. I must have drilled 10 holes or so. It could't keep up with a 1/4" hole.

But the more common scenario would be a nail or something that sticks in the tire and stays there. The sealant forms around that. I think that something puncturing, then going away leaving a big hole is much less common.

Leave a comment:

• mlharper
    replied
    I have used it for years and had great luck with it. It will balance and seal the tire if punctured.
    A few years back, Iran over a piece of bob-wire and it poked thee holes in the rear tire.
    I knew I had a problem because it was hitting the fender before it finally freed itself.
    I was about 50 miles from home and did not have any problems making it.
    The next day the tire was still holding air. Ended up replacing the tire because of the holes were to close to patch.

I use it in my cargo trailer tires too.

It is used in semi truck tires, they sell it in 55 gallon barrels for that application.
    Good luck.

Leave a comment:

• davej
    replied
    It's not supposed to settle in the bottom. I've always found it still in place around the tire. In fact I have even scraped it out of the old tire and put it into the new tire and it still worked fine. I just added a little more to make up for the little bit I couldn't get out of the old tire.

Leave a comment:

• Duke
    replied
    Back in 1970 living in Kayenta, Az. by Monument Valley on the Navajo res, I had a Honda SL-70. I was told by the elder Navajos to use Carnation Evaporated Milk, "Petmilk", in the tires to seal any holes in the tubes. It does work, and I used it all of the time when living out there. One time I had a really big hole and it wouldn't seal, and let me tell you, it stunk so bad I didn't want to be around my bike. It did work for nail and sticker holes although.

Leave a comment:

• Lug Nut
    replied
    It is supposed to stay liquid and it will puddle in one area. As soon as you start riding within a mile it's flung and dispersed everywhere for the weight distribution as well as the ability to seal punctures. Luckily I've never had a puncture but all the tires I've used it on seem perfect in terms of balance no vibration etc

Leave a comment:

• Shores
    started a topic Ride On Tire Sealant Test

Ride On Tire Sealant Test

Will be mounting new tires so decided to see if my Ride On sealant actually worked. The bike and the wheels have been sitting for several days so it may have settled to the bottom. Maybe it works better if the wheel is spinning and the nail or screw is left in the tire. Disappointing test for sure. They must have put tons of the sealant in the tire on the manufacturer video.

https://youtu.be/IlNuQPUl6bs

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
Started by Aussiestar, 1 day ago
12 responses
1 like
Last Post SbTx_Rider  
Started by ElVispo, 1 hour ago
0 responses
0 likes
Last Post ElVispo