This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Selling bike

after some thinking and another close call last night, it's time to let my bike go, I don't enjoy it as much anymore, it seems like I am having more and more close calls all of the time. If anyone is interested it is a 2007, 1700 roadstar silverado, comes pretty much factory, does have the roadwing with a pump, led assemblies for the headlights and passing lights, blue led accent lights under the tank. There is a little pitting on the top of the passing light cans, on the leather trim piece on the factory bag lids the stitching is starting to break. I will update later wi
    Attached Files

Well it's unfortunate. But if the enjoyment is no longer there......

You may want to start a new post in the classifieds and also include a little more information such as mileage, asking price, and location. I see you're also in Iowa. Wish I knew someone looking as that looks like a nice clean bike.

Comment

Will repost later but I was wondering what some think it might be worth in iowa, I have dealer that gave me a range until they see it,

Comment

• Brad_G
        Brad_G commented
        Editing a comment
        I'd do some searches and see what you find. Cycle Trader, FB Marketplace, Craigslist. Then check again in another week and see what's sold and what's still there. I've seen a couple that are still there 6/12 months later. So either they're too high or a piece of shit when viewed up close.

I have friends who bitch about "close calls" damn near every time they ride. I have other friends that rarely or never bitch about it. Are they riding among different cars? Well, they are, but that's not the reason is. More often than not, it's the rider who puts himself in these situations, not the cars. If it seems to be happening more and more to you, you may want to examine your riding habits. On a motorcycle, you must ride offensively, not defensively. You can drive a car defensively 'cause you have sheetmetal armor all around you. Old habit / bad habits make for a bad ride. Just think about it before you sell your bike.

Comment

• 07 silverado
        07 silverado commented
        Editing a comment
        Yep, I'm physic and told the person behind the wheel of the car to pull out in front of me. I wasn't bitchin just stating, the ride isn't enjoyable anymore, I used to want to ride my bike whether it was raining or not. Now I just take the truck, I don't have the same desire to be on it all of the time. Maybe that will change again later in life??

Father Pobasturd, I think you meant "You can drive a car offensively 'cause you have sheetmetal armor all around you". But I get what you're saying.

A couple weeks ago as I was riding into town from my folks place, one of the first side streets I encountered I had a close call. A car came up the side street and must have been fixated on the car a little way ahead of me. He didn't even brake for the stop sign. Just came right out into the highway. By the time I realized that moron wasn't even slowing down I was looking at my options. Neither looked good. It was go off the pavement onto a poor shoulder at ~40mph or land upon his hood. Thankfully he saw me in time to straddle the center line and I could have kicked his front tire as I passed him. It was a close call for sure. While it pissed me off, I haven't let it detract from my enjoyment of riding. I hope to be riding for many more years. But I guess that is yet to be seen.

Comment

You should sell your bike... it sounds like you are riding scared. Nothing more dangerous than a frightened rider on a bike... the fear and indecision lead to any number of bad scenarios that in hindsight would be referred to as "close calls."

Comment

• 07 silverado
          07 silverado commented
          Editing a comment
          not scared, just don't have the desire anymore to always want to be on the bike.

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by KokopelliAZ, 1 week ago
      8 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post Shores
      by Shores

Started by Fishbone333, 08-11-2021, 06:29 PM
      14 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post YZ18