Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lug Nut
    replied
    I love EBC HH for fronts... Used to put them on rears too but don't really need that aggressive of a pad on rear. I just did brakes on my vmax and scored some EBC Organic for rear for $12 on ebay and went with a new SS rotor, SS 316 rotor bolts... And up front EBC HH with R1 calipers and rotors.

​​​​​​I've been using Prestone Synthetic DOT 4 fluid in all 8 bikes I have owned and it's great. Flush it every 2 years and perfect. I use a power vacuum. Leede that connects to my air Compressor and it's an easy one person job. $4.44 at Walmart for the brake fluid and one small bottle does front and rear master cylinders perfect.

The bikes I have had witb SS lines do seem to have a firmer lever but not hugely different.

I say throw HH up front and organic I rear. I have used these SS rotors on my touring Roadstar for over 7k miles and the HH pads and works great. They are about $70 shipped each so pretty cheap
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Shores
    replied
    Originally posted by YZ18 View Post
    Ok. Can stock pads still be had or do I have to do organic or HH as my only options?
    I have EBC organic on the front but I’m sure you can order OEM through your local Yamamama.

Leave a comment:

• YZ18
    commented on 's reply
    Ok. Can stock pads still be had or do I have to do organic or HH as my only options?

• Shores
    replied
    So these V-pads sound good but don't help me for my front. What makes the 1700 different from the 1600?
    The calipers are slightly different.

Leave a comment:

• YZ18
    commented on 's reply
    So these V-pads sound good but don't help me for my front. What makes the 1700 different from the 1600?

• YZ18
    commented on 's reply
    It was at O'Reilly. I was surprised too. My bad as I took your comment wrong.

• Jclevesque
    replied
    EBC organics on mine after replaced my rear rotor. More dust but rotor is like new. Braking is still great. I agree with Doc fluid flush helps alot.

Leave a comment:

• Bikerron
    commented on 's reply
    Did my post judge you?

I was just surprised to see that the brake pads were available at an auto supply.

• Doc_V
    commented on 's reply
    Can't go wrong with stock, but EBC organics are just as good, for less money. And like I mentioned EBC V-Pads are even better than organics.

• YZ18
    commented on 's reply
    Pretty sure I don't judge where you shop.....Bike shops around me are closing.

• YZ18
    commented on 's reply
    I don't want to have to replace my rotors. So best to just get stock? This is the first time I will be replacing them.

• YZ18
    commented on 's reply
    2005. EBC HH sintered brakes

• Doc_V
    replied
    Yes, the HH pads do eat through your rotors, and new rotors ain't cheap. People usually like the HH because they weren't happy how the stock or organic pads bite. 9 out of 10 times it's because the brake fluid needs to be flushed and filled with new fluid. I personally recommend racing brake fluid because it wont' overheat. As big as these bikes are, it's easy to overheat the brake fluid and get brake fade, i.e. you garb and there's nothing there. The other reason people like HH is less brake dust. EBC makes a mid ground pad specifically for big heavy cruisers, that will last longer, bite harder and not makes as much dust, without eating your rotors; they're call EBC V-Pads.They're available front and rear on the 1600s and rear only on the 1700s. They don't have the same hard lever feel as the HH, but IMHO, it's worth it since you're not chewing up your rotors... Just my 2 cents.

Leave a comment:

• mlharper
    replied
    Yes they will fit a 2004 to 2014 Road Star. for sure. I use the EBC FA252HH front pads and EBC FA123HH rear pads. They work great but hard on the rotors.

Leave a comment:

• Lug Nut
    replied
    So I ordered and bought front brakes recently from an auto parts store near me and was told they would fit. I looked on Dennis Kirk and tried to match the numbers up but not sure. The part number I have is FA252HH. Will these work?
    What year is your Road Star?
    What Exact brand/model of brake pads did you get?

Leave a comment:

• Bikerron
    replied
    An auto parts store? Really.

Leave a comment:

• davej
    replied
    check this link, scroll down to fitment and it says they will fit

https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/...ont-brake-pads

Leave a comment:

• YZ18
    started a topic Brake pad question...

Brake pad question...

So I ordered and bought front brakes recently from an auto parts store near me and was told they would fit. I looked on Dennis Kirk and tried to match the numbers up but not sure. The part number I have is FA252HH. Will these work?

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
Started by AZRoadie, 3 hours ago
3 responses
0 likes
Last Post AZRoadie  
Started by Jaybo, 1 week ago
40 responses
2 likes
Last Post Shores
by Shores