Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 6door7r
    replied
    I figured it wasn't a tall one so seeing over it isn't an issue. Accordingly, the wind protection isn't much either as per the owner.

Leave a comment:

• brianmac
    replied
    I don't even like a tinted windshield, I don't even like a . bottom tinted windshield. I damn sure don't want to painted one. It's all about safety and visibility you got to be able to see the s*** in the road

Leave a comment:

• 6door7r
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks. He replied to me on Facebook. I wonder of it looks even in person. I'm not good at painting evenly

• roadiemort
    commented on 's reply
    Ramflo used to make these in round or oval.

• roadiemort
    commented on 's reply
    Guys last name is Robert King on FB. Painted black on the inside with a spray bomb, don't matter if you use gloss or matte still look the same on the outside.

• Jaybo
    commented on 's reply
    Pretty sure there are some knock offs of the MaxxAir. I have always loved the look of them. Since I have the HSR42 getting a Harley filter is pretty simple since that is what I have on there now.

• Tropicalrs
    replied
    What air filter is that? It isn’t a Maxair as it doesn’t have the clip to hold the spaghetti strainer on.

Leave a comment:

• 6door7r
    replied
    Anyone recognize this road star? This is what I want to do as a windshield. I was looking at memphis shades smoke windshield but I like this dark OEM one. Is it just tinted with limo tint?
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• brianmac
    replied
    Oh I don't know about that if they're made by the properly they have to be properly dehydrated and desiccated before molding. To prevent moisture from making bubbles in the plastic believe it or not. I'll take polycarbonate everyday all day. Just have to use real good cleaner too plexus is what I use. I just ordered a national cycle polycarbonate shield used on eBay, it said it was for a stratoliner s, but I don't believe it. for my new toy which is a Yamaha C3 Google that. Okay it's a 50cc water cooled fuel injected three valve per cylinder only one cylinder inverted forks, electric and kickstart, only weak spot is drum brakes. They are just so much fun to ride around the neighborhood otherwise known as a pit bike

Leave a comment:

• Pauli466
    replied
    Absolutely oem there's a 2010 silverado s model at the dealership around the corner from my house the one with the all chrome front and it also has a lucite windshield, look at the purple bike lug nut posted in " two very different road stars" its just too clear to be lexan, polycarbonate just doesn't let that much light through, acrylic windshields are much clearer than polycarbonate, you can easily tell the difference, lexan looks almost tinted

Leave a comment:

• brianmac
    commented on 's reply
    U sure it's OEM ?

• roadiemort
    commented on 's reply
    The ad I posted above is from the 2010 Yamaha catalogue says polycarbonate, don't know what earlier ones where, will look for more info.

• Pauli466
    replied
    Originally posted by roadiemort View Post
    Stock shields made from polycarbonate, Lexan is a brand name of polycarbonate.
    The oem windshield on my 2006 is acrylic, somewhere around 2004 acrylic windshields were installed on the silverados, mine has lucite stamped into it

Leave a comment:

• roadiemort
    replied
    Stock shields made from polycarbonate, Lexan is a brand name of polycarbonate.

Leave a comment:

• Pauli466
    commented on 's reply
    Im trying to find out if its lexan for that price im doubtful

• brianmac
    replied
    I see from the ad that there is a medium so I'm assuming there's a small medium and large OEM lexan polycarbonate windshield, and I think we all agreed they were made by national cycle for Yamaha

Leave a comment:

• Jaybo
    commented on 's reply
    Seconded. Give them a call, they are incredibly helpful and will likely answer all of your questions and offer you options and education. Can't speak highly enough about them.

• Shores
    replied
    Check out the ClearView brand with the recurve at the top. Ask about their scratch and dent sales.

Leave a comment:

• Tropicalrs
    replied
    I put the wider windshield on mine. It adds to the air that has to be displaced. High speed mileage suffered a bit. This link has size larger and it is a Yamaha part.
    https://www.amazon.ca/Yamaha-STR-5VN.../dp/B007ZDGUEA

this link has it for sale
    https://www.yamahasportsplaza.com/oe...ment-road-star

Leave a comment:

• Pauli466
    started a topic Windshields

Windshields

I want put a wider windshield on 2006 silverado, looking at other bikes i noticed that some look like they have polycarbonate (lexan) and some are acrylic like mine, the lexan ones look wider too, im wondering if they interchange, the lexan ones don't use the wide brackets like mine either, im trying to figure out if i can install my brackets onto the lexan windshield

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
Started by roadiemort, 4 hours ago
1 response
0 likes
Last Post roadiemort  
Started by roadiemort, 08-22-2020, 04:09 AM
272 responses
1 like
Last Post Shores
by Shores